Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

What are you doing?

How did your Christmas morning go? What did you do? Get any cool gifts?

I got up, fixed me and cidp24a some gingerbread pancakes, and now I am sitting by a nice fire in the fireplace drinking a cup of coffee and watching the Today show.

I got a table saw, a very nice set of chef/kitchen knives (yea, I love to cook), and one of those electric can openers with all the gadgets to open jars and stuff.

We aren't doing any family stuff until tonight and tomorrow night when we will go down to Louisiana to do the big family thing.

Ya'll have a Merry Christmas!!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    I slept in (funny how 0630 is "sleeping in"), then got up & made myself a huge pot of coffee and some cinnamon rolls before checking the road conditions. Supposed to go to the mountains to play in the snow but the roads might not let that happen!
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Working. We have handled one crazy, two domestics, one suspicious person, and one wreck. I was able to see one son last night and part of today and another son and my future daughter in law was able to come from out of town for a few hours. I haven't heard from the one in Germany but I'm sure I will. Talked to the two little ones by phone since they are at their Grandmothers. The major thing, lewisipso2 and I, got each other was the trip to Disney. Waiting for the end of the day. If tomorrow is nice weather (about to rain right now) we'll take the bike out. Hope everone's day is going well.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Woke up and got everyone loaded up to go to my grandparents for breakfast and gifts, just got home and did our gifts, hanging out here and wading through toys for the kids. A little later we're off to the wife's grandma's.

Tomorrow will be Christmas at the in law's.

The wife and I didn't do anything for each other this year, but I got some money from my parents and a pair of Hatch patrol gloves. I may spend my money on a new blackberry that a buddy has for sale cheap.

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    Jake and I opened gifts last night. So I got up and made some eggs and toast.

My mom got me some malibu and cranberry juice... awsome mom! haha and some body wash and other daily need stuff and a nice bracelet.
    Jake got me a bathroom set with bears on it. Soap dish, tissue box, toilet thing cleaner, toilet paper cleaner, and season 1-3 greys anatomy and a pyrex glassware set.

Still got grandma's to go. Hoping for some money so I can buy a gym membership. Gotta get my fat ass back into shape haha.
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

Terminator is offline BANNED
    I am 30 years old, and I got 30 presents. I would expect nothing less.

Some of the highlights were a $50.00 Arch card (McDonald's), money, some nice clothes and shoes, a nice Tom Tom GPS, some DVD's, and a few PS3 games.

Checkman is offline What's the nearest cross street?
    Verified LEO
    This is my Monday and I'm working the day shift. However after the 6:00 A.M. briefing I went back home and watched the kids open their gifts and had Christmas breakfast. Its easy to do because I live a whole three minute drive from the deparment. So I can either respond to calls from my car or from my house.

As it was we got through all the Christmas morning rituals without a single call. That sounds like a no-brainer, but Christmas Eve nightshift got hammered and I was worried that we would be dealing with the morning debris. So far that hasn't happened. I have four hours to go now until the end of shift and Christmas dinner.

The kids are older so they don't mind if I'm not around all day long. And today and Friday are paid holidays for city employees. If you have to work on paid holidays it's some serious change. Which is great for when the holiday bills come due in Janurary.

As far as gifts go I got a few shirts. I bought myself a Winchester Model 12 shotgun last month so that was most of my Christmas gift money. But my folks sent all of us cash so I can go shopping in a few days. My list is already done.

I'm mostly parked. We've gotten alot of snow and the streets are a real mess. Even with snow tries and sandbags in the trunk it's a real trial trying to drive a Crown Vic through all the snow and slush.

I've worked Christmas nightshift in the past and I prefer Christmas dayshift. Everyone is still pretending that they like each other ( the alcohol hasn't taken hold yet )so it's pretty low key.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    I sat in front of a closed Wal Mart from 0600 to 1800 hrs today. Sucks working but it was easy OT. I had a portable DVD player and watched Borat and Smokey and the Bandit. Watched about 1,000 people who apparently can not go a day without going to Wal Mart. Kinda funny
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I worked today..............it actually was not too bad, a couple crashes and the usual crap, but I hear with the Wal Mart. We had some juveniles get into the garden portion of the closed Wal Mart, but they didn't get anything and we found out who they are................. But while we were there people driving up, hoping to do some shopping.........LOL
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I got this

It was the best Christmas I can remember..spent it with the boyfriend..just piddled around this morning...then went to the barn and spent time with my horse..then went to a Japanese restaurant for lunch, then went to my boyfriend's place and exercised with his gym equipment...then watched Young Frankenstein.
    Arm the sheep!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinki View Post
    I got this

It was the best Christmas I can remember..spent it with the boyfriend..just piddled around this morning...then went to the barn and spent time with my horse..then went to a Japanese restaurant for lunch, then went to my boyfriend's place and exercised with his gym equipment...then watched Young Frankenstein.
    Cool, now you can add this gun to your collection.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I got up early, made the coffee then went and fed the horse. Hubby slept in a little while but woke up when he started smelling the coffee. We opened our gifts, I got a beautiful chain to go with the pendant he gave me on Sweetest Day (the one that came with it was very thin), a pair of sneakers, a robe, a couple blouses (he has surprisingly good taste in clothes, lol) a cool picture that I had seen and liked (stinker went back and bought it later!), and a couple other things. Then we cooked Christmas dinner together and cleaned up the house before his grandkids came over. After they left we went to his parents house and spent some time with them. Came home and collapsed! All in all, a great day!

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    That's perfect, Pinki. Thanks for the smile this morning.

I visited the folks - tuned up mom's computer, helped dad fix a few things and came home with some deliciously addictive ham. (Mom's a great cook!) That's as near perfect a day as I dare ask for and better than I deserve.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    Cool, now you can add this gun to your collection.

It will be my dry fire gun
    Arm the sheep!

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    That's perfect, Pinki. Thanks for the smile this morning.

I visited the folks - tuned up mom's computer, helped dad fix a few things and came home with some deliciously addictive ham. (Mom's a great cook!) That's as near perfect a day as I dare ask for and better than I deserve.

Arm the sheep!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I woke up early and headed to our parents' house where we had our big family Christmas brunch (and stayed until well after dinnertime).

One of my gifts was The Dark Knight dvd!!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

One of my gifts was The Dark Knight dvd!!

Nice. I got mine from Blockbuster. I'm refusing to return it.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Nice. I got mine from Blockbuster. I'm refusing to return it.
    Haha!

nsb22 is offline Crazilicious
    Um, I woke up at 0420, went to work, ate all day, got off work at 1800 and went to mom and dad's house where my kids were eagerly awaiting my arrival.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
    -- Ambrose Redmoon

The views and postings of NSB22 are in no way shared or supported by NSB22's employers.

Thread Information