Welcome to the APBWeb.
    KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO

Talking Stupid things you have done with your cell phone

So, I get a text from my girlfriend's daughter yesterday stating that her mom put her phone "in believe it or not the fireplace"... Wow...Just wow... So they get here and I ask what the hell she was thinking. Apparently she was sorting things to burn, got a text from me (hey, no blaming me!) and put her phone down on top of the burn pile. She keeps sorting, putting more stuff on top of the cell phone in the process before finally throwing it all in the fireplace. A few minutes later she starts looking for her phone, and can't find it. Her daughter, being a smartass, says maybe she put it in the fire, and it dawns on her...

After a little poking around with the fire poker, she must have punctured the battery as it explodes in the fireplace

Anyways, the end result

Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

So does it still work?

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post

So does it still work?
    It's a Sprint phone, it barely worked to begin with
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

kcnuke is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I ate at a resteraunt tonite and took a video of the waitress when she sat down in the chair in front of me, oh btw, she was wearing a kilt (they all were) I normally don't do that sorta thing, but kinda couldn't help myself. too bad the table pole got in the way

lewisipso is online now Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    When things are meant to go into the toilet there is nothing you can do about it. Bent over to lift the lid on the toilet and my brand new phone flies out of my shirt pocket. I managed to hit it away from the bowl, it hits the wall, bounces back, hits the rim, and in for 2. Knowing it cannot swim I go in after it. I did all I could to save it but in the end it drowned. Then I took a shower.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Buying one was my first mistake..... I hate being that available to anybody after spending years being on call and having at least a pager as an umbilical cord. I keep one in the glove box of my pickup, turned off.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Left my phone on top of my lightbar at the gas station. Forgot it when I peeled out to respond to an officer assist call two blocks up. Never saw it again.
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I lost it once in my gear in my cruiser. I was moving stuff from my POV to my cruiser and somewhere I lost the phone. I couldn't find it. I knew it was close by because I had my Bluetooth headset and it would connect to the phone. It was on vibrate so I couldn't hear it ring and it was buried enough I couldn't hear the vibrating. I had to drive to the other end of the parking lot and attempt to connect the headset to narrow down which car it was in. It took about 10 minutes of pulling everything out and searching through it before I finally found the phone.

I moved here with Sprint and their coverage sucked even worse than it did where I used to live. I switched to Cingular (now AT&T.) Cingular was even worse. Every call I made for weeks was dropped until I began memorizing all the dead spots. Then my conversations revolved around hanging up and redialing when I knew I was going through the spots.

One day my Cingular phone spontaneously shattered against the inside of my windshield. I took the pieces to Verizon and told the sales girl, "Another satisfied Cingular customer looking to switch carriers." They were actually able to hack my phone and pull the address book off for me.

I've had Verizon longer than anything else at this point. In this area Verizon's network is far superior to anything else. I know because my phones have remained intact for much longer than any other carrier's.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiGywer View Post
    So, I get a text from my girlfriend's daughter yesterday stating that her mom put her phone "in believe it or not the fireplace"... Wow...Just wow... So they get here and I ask what the hell she was thinking. Apparently she was sorting things to burn, got a text from me (hey, no blaming me!) and put her phone down on top of the burn pile. She keeps sorting, putting more stuff on top of the cell phone in the process before finally throwing it all in the fireplace. A few minutes later she starts looking for her phone, and can't find it. Her daughter, being a smartass, says maybe she put it in the fire, and it dawns on her...

After a little poking around with the fire poker, she must have punctured the battery as it explodes in the fireplace

Anyways, the end result

Can you hear me now?
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

At work I was trying to put the boat on the trailer and forgot I had put my phone in my pocket and ker-plunk it went into the lake.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

moggsp98 is offline Press HARD, 5 copies
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Went fishing with my Dad once. i left my phone in the truck because we had no service at the back woods lake. I take the boat across to the campsite while my Dad drives around to meet me. When we meet up, he hands me my phone and says "You forgot this") We head out in the boat, he leans back in his chair, (the same way I'm leaning forward!) His chair breaks, he goes ass over tea kettle into the drink and I do a face plant into said lake! He comes up making some of the most God-awful sounds, I think he is drowning(he is 77 yoa) I'm tangled in fishing poles and anchor rope. I get him to the boat and drag the boat into shore so I can stand up. As I am bailing water from the boat, my leg starts to madly vibrate! My phone in it's death throes! We were able to save them later but what a pain. We both lost our glasses to the murky deep.
    Any day above ground is a fine day indeed!

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE PIGEON, SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE STATUE

Thread Information