Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Happy Martin Luther King Day!

Happy Martin Luther King Day!

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

altonc27 is offline Rookie
    Very true inded to all. It also feels good to know that today is a recognized holiday with holiday pay lol

JohnnyReb is offline Officer First Class
    Jenna, do you believe Martin Luther King Jr should have a national holiday?
    Don't ask if you don't want a honest answer!!!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
    Jenna, do you believe Martin Luther King Jr should have a national holiday?
    Everyone should have a national holiday!

JohnnyReb is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Everyone should have a national holiday!
    I'll pass on the communists!
    Don't ask if you don't want a honest answer!!!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyReb View Post
    I'll pass on the communists!

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeInTheGrass View Post
    What would you think about a guy who:

1) Has so many secrets that a liberal judge sealed the FBI files on him until 2027

2)
    Plagiarized his first sermon

3)
    Plagiarized his first book

4) Isn't a legitimate Reverend

5) Doesn't have a real PhD

6) Went by a name that isn't his own

7) Was a member of the Communist Party

8) Wrote the forward on a book called
    "Negroes With Guns."

9) Is a self-admitted Marxist

10)
    Embezzled or misapplied substantial amounts of money contributed to the "civil rights" movement

11)
    Used SCLC funds to pay for liquor, and numerous prostitutes both Black and White, who were brought to his hotel rooms, often two at a time, for drunken sex parties which sometimes lasted for several days

12)
    Spent his last night on Earth having sex with two women at the motel and physically beating and abusing a third.

13) Had gay sexual encounters with men behind his wife's back

What would I think about a guy like that? Well, I certainly wouldn't give him his own holiday!!!
    hey asshole why don't you go back into your hole

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    What kind of crap is that? That post doesn't even deserve a response. Reca is right, go crawl back in your hole!

Terminator is offline BANNED

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Snake you claim the occupation of PoPo in your profile. You need to get your info to CountyBear or Pudge113 for verification. Have a nice day.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Well, I grew up in the South before the Civil Rights Act of 1964. There were white and colored restrooms, white and colored drinking fountains, etc. I never went to a public school with a black kid. And their schools were NOT separate, but equal, they were shitholes. It was pretty awful for anyone who was black. They didn't even reach the level of 2nd class citizens.

You may not like King as a person, but he did a hell of a job getting people some decent rights that they should have had all along. I see no problem with a day to honor him.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt View Post
    Well, I grew up in the South before the Civil Rights Act of 1964. There were white and colored restrooms, white and colored drinking fountains, etc. I never went to a public school with a black kid. And their schools were NOT separate, but equal, they were shitholes. It was pretty awful for anyone who was black. They didn't even reach the level of 2nd class citizens.

You may not like King as a person, but he did a hell of a job getting people some decent rights that they should have had all along. I see no problem with a day to honor him.
    It's always mind-boggling to me when I think of how recent that was in our history.

I have no problem with there being a day to honor him, but I prefer to think of it as a day to honor all of those - regardless of race - who fought for civil rights. Quite honestly, I don't think that a day off of work is the best form of honor, I think a better honor would be to spend at least a portion of the day doing some type of community work.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Instead of a day honoring one man, how about changing it to the Civil Rights Day to honor ALL who contributed to the civil rights of all, black, white, Asian and First Peoples? Seems that is far more fitting. While Dr. King was a prominent man, by no stretch of the imagination did he carry the entire burden of civil rights on his shoulders.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    I imagine it's because he was assassinated for his role in civil rights. I realize others were killed too, but as you said, he was the most prominent. He definitely was the front man for civil rights during the late 50's and 60's.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    Instead of a day honoring one man, how about changing it to the Civil Rights Day to honor ALL who contributed to the civil rights of all, black, white, Asian and First Peoples? Seems that is far more fitting. While Dr. King was a prominent man, by no stretch of the imagination did he carry the entire burden of civil rights on his shoulders.
    What are "First Peoples"?
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    What are "First Peoples"?
    Native Americans, if I'm not mistaken.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt View Post

Hard to imagine having to live like that. Glad I did not have to be subjected to that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    It's always mind-boggling to me when I think of how recent that was in our history.

I have no problem with there being a day to honor him, but I prefer to think of it as a day to honor all of those - regardless of race - who fought for civil rights. Quite honestly, I don't think that a day off of work is the best form of honor, I think a better honor would be to spend at least a portion of the day doing some type of community work.
    Agree 100%

YouTube - U2 - Pride

YouTube - U2 - "Pride (In the Name of Love)" to Dr. King - The Obama Inaugural Celebration Concert

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    First Peoples are those that preceeded Europeans in coming to North America, commonly known as "Indians" or "Tribals."

Why honor one man? Indeed, Jesus Christ did far more for peace and civil right that the good doctor did. Yet there is no specific day for him (Christmas, despite the name, is a co-opted Pagan holiday to commemorate the birth of Christ, who was actually born in the Spring, in an effort to convert Pagans, specificially Celts. It is hardly a day of rememberance for one of THE pivotal figures in human history).

A simple act by Rosa Parks did more to inspire minds and hearts to action. The simple act by young people of color at a Woolworth's counter inspired hearts and minds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information