Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO

2-6-09 Friday Five

1 What activity can you not believe you survived in your childhood?

2 What activity can you not believe kids get away with today?

3 If you could be anyone else in the world live or dead, who would you choose to be?

4 A lot of people think they've been in love at 15 or 16 years old, do you think you now look back and think you were a stupid kid or do you believe that you were old enough to know what love is?

5 Do you think it is possible to remain in love with someone you once loved, but haven't seen in a year?

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    1 What activity can you not believe you survived in your childhood? When I was 4 my brother threw a hairdryer in the bathtub when it was plugged into the wall and I got juiced

2 What activity can you not believe kids get away with today? Underage Drinking and Smoking My parents would of killed me

3 If you could be anyone else in the world live or dead, who would you choose to be? I like who I am but I would like to be Jesus for one day to see what it is like

4 A lot of people think they've been in love at 15 or 16 years old, do you think you now look back and think you were a stupid kid or do you believe that you were old enough to know what love is? They call it puppy love. I thought I was in love many times, but l had no idea.

5 Do you think it is possible to remain in love with someone you once loved, but haven't seen in a year? Sure

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    1 What activity can you not believe you survived in your childhood? Jumping off of bridges into rivers

2 What activity can you not believe kids get away with today? Whining and Crying and throwing tantrums. I would have had my butt whooped for pulling that crap

3 If you could be anyone else in the world live or dead, who would you choose to be? Me, only a hell of alot richer

4 A lot of people think they've been in love at 15 or 16 years old, do you think you now look back and think you were a stupid kid or do you believe that you were old enough to know what love is? I was never "in love", I was "in lust", I knew that then and I was only after one thing at that age

5 Do you think it is possible to remain in love with someone you once loved, but haven't seen in a year?
    I think you will always have feelings of some sort for that person. I don't know if it will still be considered love though
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Terminator is offline BANNED
    1 What activity can you not believe you survived in your childhood? An attempted kidnapping, and jumping out of a moving car going downhill in reverse. Getting hit in the head full swing with a baseball bat, and many more things. I've had enough broken bones and injuries that I've lost count. I'm a walking miracle.

2 What activity can you not believe kids get away with today? Outright disrespect of authority figures and what is socially acceptable.

3 If you could be anyone else in the world live or dead, who would you choose to be? No one. I love me.

4 A lot of people think they've been in love at 15 or 16 years old, do you think you now look back and think you were a stupid kid or do you believe that you were old enough to know what love is? No way is anyone in love at 15 or 16. You don't even know what love is at that age.

5 Do you think it is possible to remain in love with someone you once loved, but haven't seen in a year? No. If you 'once' loved them, then you are no longer in love with them.

Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO

3 If you could be anyone else in the world live or dead, who would you choose to be?

4 A lot of people think they've been in love at 15 or 16 years old, do you think you now look back and think you were a stupid kid or do you believe that you were old enough to know what love is?

1 - Falling in raging flood waters at about 5. Walking in a busy street when I was 2.

2 - They get away with everything!! I can't pick just one thing.

3 - I'm happy with who I am.

4 - I still don't know what love is. I think that you may not know what love is but at that age the feeling is real

5 - This sentence doesn't make sense. If you remain in love then you stay in love and not "once loved". But I'll still answer. Yes you can. Just take military families. They go off to way for a year and their spouses STILL love them.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I tried a gymnastics flip on the monkey bars, fell, hit my head on the concrete, and lost consciousness. Explains a lot, doesn't it?

2 What activity can you not believe kids get away with today? Drive-by shootings

3 If you could be anyone else in the world live or dead, who would you choose to be? Terminator, since he is feared and worshiped by all!

4 A lot of people think they've been in love at 15 or 16 years old, do you think you now look back and think you were a stupid kid or do you believe that you were old enough to know what love is? Yes.

5 Do you think it is possible to remain in love with someone you once loved, but haven't seen in a year? Yes.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    1 What activity can you not believe you survived in your childhood? When I was 4 my brother threw a hairdryer in the bathtub when it was plugged into the wall and I got juiced
    Did you say," Don't tase me, bro"?

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Many, but the Dukes of Hazzard stunt drivers learned from us. Only we used a pick up truck.

Belittling their parents. Thats cause for dental reconstruction where I come from.

3 If you could be anyone else in the world live or dead, who would you choose to be? The chief of police in my city. With that idiot out of the way I could have that department completely turned around in the three years left on this term.

4 A lot of people think they've been in love at 15 or 16 years old, do you think you now look back and think you were a stupid kid or do you believe that you were old enough to know what love is? With the right two people, yes. I met my wife when she was 13.

5 Do you think it is possible to remain in love with someone you once loved, but haven't seen in a year? I know for a fact it can be done after 5 years.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Was nearly hit by cars a couple of times. Mom saved me from choking on a sweet potato. Damn, I still love those things.

Disrespecting teachers, their parents, and other authority figures like it is nothing.

I would be the Centurian mentioned here:

5When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. 6"Lord," he said, "my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering." 7Jesus said to him, "I will go and heal him."
    8The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. 9For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."
    10When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

Matthew 8: 5-10

Dumb kid.

If I ever loose my wife I will prove it to you.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    1. Fell off of a 50 foot cliff at age 4. A pile of railroad ties broke my fall.

2. Most things. Had I been caught drinking or smoking, I'd have been beaten to within an inch of my life. Had I talked to a cop the way kids do today, my parents would ground me for ages.

3. I'd pick being Samuel Colt. Great inventor, great advertiser, and rich. Oh, and I like guns too.

4. If they think they are in love, they are in love. They don't know what all being in a relationship entails, usually aren't mature enough to make one work, and usually are after one thing, but perception is reality. Hell, I started dating my wife when she was 15 and I was 17 and we're still together so it can work sometimes.

5. Absolutely. Military wives and husbands prove it everyday.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

roadwarrior is offline Say hello to my little friend
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    1 What activity can you not believe you survived in your childhood? going to juvenile detention

2 What activity can you not believe kids get away with today? partying

3 If you could be anyone else in the world live or dead, who would you choose to be? I love what I have, wouldn't change much

4 A lot of people think they've been in love at 15 or 16 years old, do you think you now look back and think you were a stupid kid or do you believe that you were old enough to know what love is? lust, not love,,seldom you see high school sweethearts together in the long run

5 Do you think it is possible to remain in love with someone you once loved, but haven't seen in a year? yes

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I didnt do much that was particularly risky as a child, but I guess riding a horse through a swarm of bees could be considered that -- but they didnt sting me...they were just swarming early in the morning.

Where do I start? I think kids are getting out of control from a discipline standpoint

I am happy to be me

I think that it may be possible -- but not probable. I personally did not fall in love at a young age.

I think it is possible, yes
    Arm the sheep!

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Some of you definitely have angels watching over you
    Arm the sheep!

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    I met my wife when she was 13.
    Were you 48?

Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

SPD
    SPD is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    1 What activity can you not believe you survived in your childhood? My friends and I shooting field point arrows at each other and trying to catch them.

2 What activity can you not believe kids get away with today? Driving at 16.

3 If you could be anyone else in the world live or dead, who would you choose to be? Um . . . none of the dead people.

4 A lot of people think they've been in love at 15 or 16 years old, do you think you now look back and think you were a stupid kid or do you believe that you were old enough to know what love is? I was definitely a dumb, hormone-driven kid. It's the natural order of things.

How are you supposed to stay in love without all the sex??

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I got shot at by some dude in a parking lot. I crashed I don't know how many bicycles. Me and friends rode a quarter mile down a steep driveway sitting on skateboards. We intentionally wrecked them at the bottom. ETA: We ran around on TOP of the monkey bars and jumped off.

I agree with everyone else's assessment that kids are spoiled.

I can't think of anyone really.

Most teenagers fall in lust and are experiencing their hormones. Very rarely in our culture are children mature enough to be in love and know what to do with it.

I think it's possible to remain in love with someone over great distances and time. If I were separated from my wife and children for a year I would definitely still feel love while gone and after coming back.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    1 What activity can you not believe you survived in your childhood? No activity. I was a walking talking clutz. I had 3 different set's of stiches ( all on my head ) in a year's time when I was like 5.

2 What activity can you not believe kids get away with today? driving, ha ha. and disrespecting elders.

3 If you could be anyone else in the world live or dead, who would you choose to be? Someone who is living it up big with a great invention.

4 A lot of people think they've been in love at 15 or 16 years old, do you think you now look back and think you were a stupid kid or do you believe that you were old enough to know what love is? I was never in love at that age. I fell in love almost 2 years ago.

5 Do you think it is possible to remain in love with someone you once loved, but haven't seen in a year? No.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Horses. I got kicked in the forehead by one when I was about 5 and when I was in my teens we worked off them. I had a paint that would run me under tree limbs, catch me not paying attention and crow hop a few times, and take a nip at me every once in a while. I swear I think he plotted against me between rides, coming up with new ways to try to get me off his back.

Disrespect of authority figures.

Any extremely rich person living in the Caribbean with a beachfront home and a boat properly equipped to visit any of the islands therein.

Yes

Yes, military folks prove it everyday.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO

1. I was working for my Dad on a farm driving a John Deere tractor at 8 yrs old pulling an 8 row disc. I didn't weigh enough to push the clutch down on other tractors, but the J.D. had a hand clutch. I looked at my own kids when they were that age and couldn't believe I was trusted with that. If I'd fallen off, I'd have been pieces of meat in the field. I had to stand up because I was too little to sit on the seat and reach the steering wheel.

2. The entire attitude of entitlement. Actually that attitude goes up to people in their early 30's. They have to have everything right now w/o earning it.

3. I'm okay with me.

4. I was madly in love with Sandra Farris at 16. I knew what love was. If we were in a primitive society, we'd be getting married and have kids by then. Adolescence is a artificial stage created by "civilization". And adolescence is lastly longer and longer as kids stay dependent on their parents longer and longer.

5. If there was ongoing communication. Otherwise, I dunno.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Honestly, I didn't really have any near-death childhood experiences...

I am with everyone on the drinking/smoking stuff, but I'll also say "not trying hard at stuff." If I signed up for tee-ball, I had to bust my ass. If I was taking physics, I'd better be studying enough to make an A. No matter what I chose to do, my parents made sure that I did it 100%. It taught me the ol' saying that a job worth doing is worth doing well.

Matt Damon. He just seems like he's a kick-ass dude.

Absolutely.
    Absolutely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information