Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

What the Hell?!?!

Well I'm back from church, and the dish for the TV can't see through the SNOW. At least the internet is here. I'll be here until it is time to pick the wife up from work. Which brings me to another thing. She was called in early 0400 and told to pack an overnight bag. I swear I get less sleep on my days off than on days I work. That is all for now. Somehow I know that Maclean is laughing his ass off with his weather machine.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I'm glad you'll be able to spend the day on O/R instead of watching TV! We're more entertaining than TV anyway!

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That's the nice thing about the DirecTV DVR. I can watch all the recorded stuff if the current signal is blocked by weather. Good luck!!!
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Don't get me wrong. I love winter. I will end up retiring somewhere that actually has winter, out west most likely. Or I could just get Owl Gore to give a speech at my house each winter. That would most likely bring at least one blizzard to AL a year.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Or I could just get Owl Gore to give a speech at my house each winter. That would most likely bring at least one blizzard to AL a year.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I love winter. I will end up retiring somewhere that actually has winter, out west most likely. Or I could just get Owl Gore to give a speech at my house each winter. That would most likely bring at least one blizzard to AL a year.
    Owl Gore could pay my heating bill, after a couple of weeks on near normal temps we are heading for blizzard conditions, every time I turn on the news they seem to add an inch or two, last prediction 8 to 11 inches.

For the states who normally do not get snow, the worst thing is the people not knowing how to drive in it. So if you have to go out, be careful & watch out for those folks getting in your way!

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Blue 4 U View Post
    Owl Gore could pay my heating bill, after a couple of weeks on near normal temps we are heading for blizzard conditions, every time I turn on the news they seem to add an inch or two, last prediction 8 to 11 inches.

For the states who normally do not get snow, the worst thing is the people not knowing how to drive in it. So if you have to go out, be careful & watch out for those folks getting in your way!
    I know! There's nothing on the ground here yet - we may be snowed in here tomorrow in the East, 2 Blue!

I was just watching the weather channel with film clips from Alabama and Georgia. Unbelievable.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I actually have snow rated tires on the Jeep and know to slow down and give distance. A lot of people around here needed a brick thrown through their windshield though.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Five-o ,I went through that about a month ago (7" in S.La.),get a broom,go out and barely touch the dish and that white crap comes right off,I was sittin ,and watchin and the dish went out and I couldn't believe it,that sucker survived katrina,then I figured it out.YOU YANKS, JUST STFU,THIS IS NEW CRAP TO US...

On the serious side ,hope all make out ok with this winter storm.We had 40 degrees and 45 mph winds today but clear skys

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Snow was gone by the afternoon, and then we got that wind you are talking about.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I'm glad it skipped us. We got 1/2 inch or less and that was gone by 9 AM. We did get the wind though. I had to chase my garbage cans twice.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We're getting a little here, but I don't think we're supposed to get any of what ya'll are getting. I'm flat out of firewood and need to get a load tomorrow after work. Its supposed to stay cold until next weekend.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    I left Seattle today where it was about 40degrees (saw some light snow on the first day...then sun for the rest of the trip), went through Ohio today and stopped briefly at the airport (it was SUNNY and beautiful!) and then onto Florida where the "cold" front went through and it is in the 40degree range. I feel like I am still in Seattle..well, except for the fact it is not as beautiful here and no mountains Waaaa...I miss it already.

Supposed to be down in the 30s tomorrow...in south Florida. Everyone but me is bitching..I love it.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

sweetpea is offline Master Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    I'm glad it skipped us. We got 1/2 inch or less and that was gone by 9 AM. We did get the wind though. I had to chase my garbage cans twice.

LOL , The snow missed me this time but the wind was wicked. I chased my garbage cans twice also and the third time I just left them out in the field where they seem to want to be, maybe the wind will end tomorrow and when I put them back they will stay put.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f.../ukbluejw2.gif

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long."

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    No snow here, but I am in a valley and we are getting rain. A lot of rain. I imagine the higher elevations in CA are getting snow. Which is good. We could sure use it. If our reservoirs don't get filled, we will be in drought conditions this summer.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Awwwwww! Poor little southern boy got some snow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is the whole state shut down yet?
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Rookies!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    Rookies!
    Yep

The snow a few days ago was coming down at a rate of 2" an hour and my Dish receiver didn't even flinch. I guess even our electronics are better suited to cold/snow
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

213th is offline Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    That's the nice thing about the DirecTV DVR. I can watch all the recorded stuff if the current signal is blocked by weather. Good luck!!!
    That's what I like about cable, the weather doesn't knock out my signal (shameless plug from someone who only has cable because he works for a cable company)
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    High of 72 here today.....in Colorado. You can never predict the weather here. It changes so often and to suck extremes.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information