Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO

Stupid family drama

My future sister-in-law is a die-hard Obama supporter (that's not what I need advice on...lol). This weekend my mom joined an "Impeach Obama" group on Facebook and that sent the notification to everyone on her friend's list, including said supporter. Now, they've gone down this road before and Mom is quite aware of her feelings and would never intentionally send that to her. Instead of having a conversation about it, the future sis-in-law just said that she hated my mother and that she was a stupid, ignorant woman.

Instead of punching her in the face, I chose to point out that she was being immature and disrespectful. My brother is unfortunately in the un-fair position of supporting her decisions to be that way or making waves and telling her she's being a b**ch.

I have no reason in posting this other than it makes me super mad and I really want to tell her to grow the eff up and pull her head out of her ass. I *did* tell her that I think an apology is in order for being so disrespectful...we'll see what she says. In the meantime, my dad has called my brother and told him that it's wrong of him to have someone like that in his life and that he hopes she ends up being nice...which of course, in turn, has led to "his family thinks he should break up with me". *sigh*

Family drama is stupid.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    All that over politics? Why can't we all just get along? Sorry you have to deal with that.

Verified LEO
    Thanks, Jenna. I don't really have to deal with it since my brother and her live in Reno. BUT, my dad did call me and ask what was up with her. Like I know.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    The future sister-in-law needs to grow up.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    The future sister-in-law needs to grow up.
    +our latest spending budget
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    You know..........if she has no respect for your mother now, then she never will. I agree with your dad, except I won't be as nice about it. Your bro needs to put his foot up the girl's ass and send her packing.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    My future sister-in-law is a die-hard Obama supporter (that's not what I need advice on...lol). This weekend my mom joined an "Impeach Obama" group on Facebook and that sent the notification to everyone on her friend's list, including said supporter. Now, they've gone down this road before and Mom is quite aware of her feelings and would never intentionally send that to her. Instead of having a conversation about it, the future sis-in-law just said that she hated my mother and that she was a stupid, ignorant woman.

Instead of punching her in the face, I chose to point out that she was being immature and disrespectful. My brother is unfortunately in the un-fair position of supporting her decisions to be that way or making waves and telling her she's being a b**ch.

I have no reason in posting this other than it makes me super mad and I really want to tell her to grow the eff up and pull her head out of her ass. I *did* tell her that I think an apology is in order for being so disrespectful...we'll see what she says. In the meantime, my dad has called my brother and told him that it's wrong of him to have someone like that in his life and that he hopes she ends up being nice...which of course, in turn, has led to "his family thinks he should break up with me". *sigh*

Family drama is stupid.
    First off Kudos to your mom!

Whether the email was sent intentionally or not, your brother's fiance was way out of line. Hopefully your brother opens his eyes and sees this because it sure sounds like she has some serious anger issues, not to mention a spoiled ingnorant brat. The mature thing to do would have been to just ignore the request to join the group and just delete it.

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Blinded by the machine.

Stand with Mom, ignore the in-law, and tell your brother to grow a pair.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    I can hardly wait 'til you describe next Thanksgiving! My wife's family are all diehard Democrats. We just don't discuss politics at gatherings.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This is a fiancee and not yet a wife?

Sounds like your brother should pay attention to his mama.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You think it is bad now, just wait if she becomes part of the family. Take it from someone that knows, this is what is known as a red flag.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Well, chances are she won't stick around too much longer. And while she says my brother agrees with her, who really knows. I've never known my brother to form an actual opinion of his own. She says he voted for Obama, my mom says he voted for McCain. Bah. He doesn't like to make waves, but she makes more than enough for him, I suppose. We'll see...she's still pretty young and hopefully she'll either take a walk or grow the hell up.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

Darin is offline I'm sooooo gonna score
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt View Post
    We just don't discuss politics at gatherings.
    +1 Conversations about politics and religion will get ugly fast......

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    You know..........if she has no respect for your mother now, then she never will. I agree with your dad, except I won't be as nice about it. Your bro needs to put his foot up the girl's ass and send her packing.
    I have to agree with MM here.

Plus have you ever notice it seems to be the liberals that get upset at someone else's view? Us Conservatives seem to tolerate and respect others believes.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I have to agree with MM here.

Plus have you ever notice it seems to be the liberals that get upset at someone else's view? Us Conservatives seem to tolerate and respect others believes.
    I agree with MM too, however, at this point my parents are trying not to alienate my brother as much as possible. He needs to get some hair on his berries for sure!
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    All that over politics? Why can't we all just get along? Sorry you have to deal with that.
    I see Rodney King Sheep has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    + infinity

Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Blinded by the machine.

Stand with Mom, ignore the in-law, and tell your brother to grow a pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    This is a fiancee and not yet a wife?

Sounds like your brother should pay attention to his mama.
    You know what they say. Blood is thicker than water.

He doesn't want to make waves? What does he think will happen in the future if this is allowed to stand as it is now? If he doesn't take action now, this will continue to fester until it comes to a head and feelings will be hurt even worse than they are now. By then, someone is going to feel alienated from the fold. Best to nip this in the bud now, while there are no legalities involved.

I wish you well.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Straight out: He should not marry her. If he does, he will be:

1) Miserable and treated like shit

and/or

2) Divorced

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Everyone start wearing guns in front of her around the house and do some dry-firing practice while you're talking to her. I bet she wouldn't come around as often

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

213th is offline Solipsist
    If Hannah acted like that I'd kick her to the curb. As it is, she is Democrat, or voted for Obama (this time) anyway. I'm a die hard american, and there fore conservative (I don't call myself Republican, as I don't fully support all of their agenda, however their positions more closely resemble mine) It's not that we don't discuss politics, it's that when we do we can do it maturely.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Verified LEO
    That's just it 213th. If she were able to discuss the issues (or perceived issues) in a mature and adult fashion, it wouldn't even be an issue.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information