Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Happy Daylight Savings Time!

Happy Daylight Savings Time! Remember to Spring Forward and enjoy losing an hour of sleep!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I'll change my clock but I'll be danged if I'm going to miss an hour of sleep!!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Jenna, thank you for the reminder!! I reminded myself earlier today but already forgot.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

sweetpea is offline Master Officer
    I love Daylight Savings time. Longer daylight is great
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f.../ukbluejw2.gif

"When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long."

I'm pretty stokked. One less hour at work tonight and I still get paid for it!
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I was thinking about this and it amused me.

First, is it really "standard" time if we only use it a third of the time? Some countries went to daylight savings time year round during WWII, forget if we did, think Japan did. (was half listening to a story on the history of DLST) That's when it really made me chuckle as I was driving along today.

Nothing in the universe has changed other than our arbitrary clock settings. Why was it easier to change that socially agreed upon convention than the start and stop time of the work day? It's really the same thing. If it made sense at time of war, and now 8 months of the year in times of war and peace for us, why not just shift what is "standard" by an hour permanently?

Do you suppose the "standard" workday would change from 9-5 to 10-6 if DLST was made permanent? It seems to me the 5pm end of work day was probably adopted due to sundown, but in a less agrarian society I wonder if we'd stay with the workday time convention or follow the sun.

like the signature line says....

chewy is offline 1 CoastieRisk!!
    Verified LEO
    I'm celebrating DST by working an involuntary double shift! WOOO frigging G.D. whoooo.... I HATE my management!!! I knew it was a bad idea to not sleep in this morning when I had the chance! That's the bad part of having involuntary OT is you never know when they are going to make you stay and work.
    Grumpy bastard sick of it all!
    Guns Don't Kill People, Radical Pro-Lifers Kill People

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    I hate DST. We've only had it for a short while here. I much preferred never having to change the time. I hate the potential of being screwed by having to work an hour for free. It only evens out if you work during both time changes. And despite what anyone tells you, you don't get any more daylight by changing the time.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by chewy View Post
    I'm celebrating DST by working an involuntary double shift! WOOO frigging G.D. whoooo.... I HATE my management!!! I knew it was a bad idea to not sleep in this morning when I had the chance! That's the bad part of having involuntary OT is you never know when they are going to make you stay and work.
    Yeah, but it gets you closer to financial independence.....

I agree though about involuntary OT. That's why I don't like to carry a cell phone even now. Too many times I got called (previously paged) to come in to work when I was out enjoying the hell out of myself. I didn't mind it so much if I was already there, but getting called when I'm sitting on a lake fishing was annoying.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt View Post
    I agree though about involuntary OT. That's why I don't like to carry a cell phone even now. Too many times I got called (previously paged) to come in to work when I was out enjoying the hell out of myself. I didn't mind it so much if I was already there, but getting called when I'm sitting on a lake fishing was annoying.
    "I'm sorry Sarge. My cell phone battery went dead (or my phone doesn't get a good signal inside my house), so I didn't even get your call until just before I came into work today. I really would have loved to have come in for that detail......" hehe

Though that doesn't work as well if the dept. gives you a cell phone and tells you its your responsibility to keep in on and charged.

But if you are already off duty and they call you, you can always say you are drunk.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I hate losing the hour of sleep but I do like the later daylight hours. I forgot the time change even though I was constantly reminded all week long I still forgot to change the clocks and slept in.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Thread Information