Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cheech Guest

Another accident question.

So I get home from the academy , and someone hit one of the cars at my house from the back, and took off. I get in my car looking around I find a ford explorer parked outside of the gates. He is out looking at his passengers side front end. Broken headlamp , smashed bumper. He sees me and takes off trying to avoid me. His damage is consistent with the damage on the car. Then I drive around again he is obviously tryin to avoid me, He ends up turning around driving the wrong way down a street. THe cops were called then. Guy has felony warrants for grand larceny. While waiting for the cops, I look outside my window and he is parked on the corner staring at the damage on the car he hit. I walk outside ready to kill this guy and he takes off. All I got was a report filed , He at one point got out looking at the car to see what damage he caused. Is there anything more we can do from here. HEnderson ended up sending LVMPD to his house, but he wasnt home also.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasvegasog
    So I get home from the academy , and someone hit one of the cars at my house from the back, and took off. I get in my car looking around I find a ford explorer parked outside of the gates. He is out looking at his passengers side front end. Broken headlamp , smashed bumper. He sees me and takes off trying to avoid me. His damage is consistent with the damage on the car. Then I drive around again he is obviously tryin to avoid me, He ends up turning around driving the wrong way down a street. THe cops were called then. Guy has felony warrants for grand larceny. While waiting for the cops, I look outside my window and he is parked on the corner staring at the damage on the car he hit. I walk outside ready to kill this guy and he takes off. All I got was a report filed , He at one point got out looking at the car to see what damage he caused. Is there anything more we can do from here. HEnderson ended up sending LVMPD to his house, but he wasnt home also.
    Are the officers following up on this? What did they tell you? Have they seen his vehicle? Have they seen him yet, at all?

lesta311 is offline Evil is my business.......
    If they know who he is, it's only a matter of time before he get's picked up.

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator
    Are the officers following up on this? What did they tell you? Have they seen his vehicle? Have they seen him yet, at all?
    Not

I can tell that cop did not want to be there. THis was a call he didnt want to take. He really just left us a card with a incident report number. THats it, I dont know if it gets followed up, Thats why im clueless and posting right now.
    He was like pist he had to take this call.

Not

I can tell that cop did not want to be there. THis was a call he didnt want to take. He really just left us a card with a incident report number. THats it, I dont know if it gets followed up, Thats why im clueless and posting right now.
    He was like pist he had to take this call.
    Sounds like maybe the officer was not thrilled about taking the call. Many times those kind of calls become annoying (due to paperwork), time consuming, routine, and boring. It is easy to forget that you are dealing with people who don't deal with these kind of situations everyday, and lose compassion, and understanding. Unfortunately, you may be up a creek without a paddle. I would personally contact the officer who took the report at work, and pressure someone to follow up.

Cheech Guest
    I shoulda pulled the fucking guy from that car. He was in my neighborhood prolly breaking into shit. No reason for him to be in there, In my gated community. I hope he drives by tonight

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Be careful not to get a BS assault or battery charge put on you, brother. Forget about physically confronting the guy. I feel for you though. A while back my car got broken into along with others, AND someone broke into my garage and took my $4000 mountain bike. I was PISSED. For a while, I considered camping outside with a bat.

Not exactly the same, but similar. I didn't do it, because I thought of my career. You, being in the academy, should do the same.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic
    Be careful not to get a BS assault or battery charge put on you, brother. Forget about physically confronting the guy. I feel for you though. A while back my car got broken into along with others, AND someone broke into my garage and took my $4000 mountain bike. I was PISSED. For a while, I considered camping outside with a bat.

Not exactly the same, but similar. I didn't do it, because I thought of my career. You, being in the academy, should do the same.
    Yea I do consider that, and thats why I dont act on it. In my mind I play this scenario where I kill him. LOL. But we watched a video of one of the officers get a gun to his neck and get in a shootout on a traffic stop, That made me think too. I wont act on it, I just say it out of anger. I just dont know what happens from here.

Lightbulb

I just dont know what happens from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator
    I would personally contact the officer who took the report at work, and pressure someone to follow up.
    Take my advice

Thread Information