Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Our Economy....

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO

Our Economy....

Thank God I have a good gubment job. The Detroit area is getting very close to bleeding out. I have several friends who have lost their jobs... belay that: careers with auto-related companies and several that have lost jobs because the auto jobs are going away and people aren't spending like they once did. The number of foreclosed homes is getting to be insane. Home values are down, my TSP (401k) is someplace in the basement of Wall Street, and everyone I know has been affected the same way.

There seems to be no end in sight either. Forget bailouts, we need an economical tourniquets.

To make things worse, I just heard yesterday that at a couple local PD's are going to start layoffs because the cities are broke. Couple that with the crime rate sure to rise as things get harder and we are in serious trouble.

My wife isn't working right now, so our money is very tight but at least we have my income from work that pays the bills. My store is doing well, but as a business still in the first years, everything we earn gets rolled back into the store.

I have to say that I am very concerned of things getting downright ugly here in the Detroit area. I am concerned that if they start laying off cops, the thug animals will rise up and this city may very well be like something you would see in a movie like Mad Max.

"Stupid should hurt."

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I'm scared of what's happening with the economy and what might happen if it gets worse. Stay safe.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

I have to say that I am very concerned of things getting downright ugly here in the Detroit area. I am concerned that if they start laying off cops, the thug animals will rise up and this city may very well be like something you would see in a movie like Mad Max.
    With what I've been hearing about Detroit I share your concerns, Hannibal.

I've been trying to get back to Michigan for a while, but with the climate being what it is I don't think that will happen for a very long time.

Thread Information