Welcome to the APBWeb.
    irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO

For those of you with kids - Easter Question

So, for those of you with children who still care about Easter egg hunts, do you take them to a public hunt? I'm trying to figure out if Orion would enjoy it or if he just wouldn't care (he's almost 2). I'd kind of like to take him, but am afraid he'd get so overwhelmed by 500 kids running around acting like idiots.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    we took Bob Junior to one today...although he's only 11 months, he seemed to enjoy it when I found an egg and gave it to him so he could shake it vigorously because it made noise!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I never did one of the big public hunts, but we would always do a little hunt for our playgroup when my son was little.

I grew up having a hunt in my own house, or at my grandparents.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    So, for those of you with children who still care about Easter egg hunts, do you take them to a public hunt? I'm trying to figure out if Orion would enjoy it or if he just wouldn't care (he's almost 2). I'd kind of like to take him, but am afraid he'd get so overwhelmed by 500 kids running around acting like idiots.
    We set one up in the house as they sleep.

Figure about 100 eggs stashed all over the house, they go nuts!

I really don't take my kids to those kinds of things, I'd rather keep it in the family.

Both boys have loved it since around age 2.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    I also grew up with the home version. Too many kids that were acting like idiots and stealing from those who were lucky enough to find some.

Also, you might want to use the plastic eggs with candy hidden inside. Although it is fun to color and find the real hard boiled eggs, they can get smelly in case one is not found.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    All of ours have always been a family thing, guess I got it from when I was growing up. I say keep it a nice small outing just for the family.
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Most kids are greedy bullies when given the chance, and their parents think it's cute. So unless you enjoy watching your kid getting pushed, knocked down, and their eggs stolen from them by larger kids, public hunts aren't that great.

Like Mac, we have our own hunts at home for the kids.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    When I lived in Detroit I was the Easter bunny at our local police precinct for a few years - I always had so much fun with that. It was hard to help them find the eggs with that costume on, though.

Thanks for bringing to mind such a good memory, I hope Orion has fun whatever you decide to do.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    For all intents and purposes, I think we'll just wait to have a hunt with my grandparents and parents on Easter Sunday. Seems a lot less hectic, for sure. There's an indoor egg hunt for 6 month-6 year olds on Friday during the mid-morning, so I might try that as most kids will be in school (I think).
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Big Daddy is offline Rookie
    No, not "public" hunts. Family or friends. We can control things a bit better that way. Public "hunts" you realllly have to watch them to make sure what's inside those eggs. Too many weird people in the world these days! Unfortunate for those of us with young kids. These whack jobs are all over, unfortunately. Even at community events.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    We're doing the family hunt here on Saturday with the step-grandkids. We have a couple acres here so we're having them all come here and hunt for plastic filled eggs. They range in age from 18 months to 11 years so the 11 year old has to take the 18 month old with her so she doesn't have an unfair advantage. I guess in the past she always bullied the little ones to get the most eggs. (this is my first year with them)

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

magnum314 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    I never did one of the big public hunts, but we would always do a little hunt for our playgroup when my son was little.

I grew up having a hunt in my own house, or at my grandparents.
    Ditto for me! Still what we do even now...my kids are 14, (almost) 13, and 11...but they still enjoy it with their cousins for the tradition of it all!

Thread Information