Welcome to the APBWeb.

View Poll Results: Is O/R right-wing political propaganda?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

24 100.00%
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Question Is O/R right-wing political propaganda?

Is O/R right-wing political propaganda?

IMachU is offline First Class Private
    Verified LEO
    I voted no. Not political propaganda, but people voicing their opinions with conviction, sincerity and experience. It is coincidence that we are mostly a right-leaning group.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IMachU View Post
    It is coincidence that we are mostly a right-leaning group.
    While I certainly agree with your vote, I have to disagree with this last statement.

I don't see it as a coincidence that law enforcement officers are generally a conservative bunch. After all, we daily see vividly what government has wrought in fostering dependence upon itself.

We cherish life as if a sacred gift. Many of us even believe that it actually is just that. We learn its value from seeing it habitually squandered, wasted, demeaned, and tragically lost. We believe that anyone who would callously destroy it for the sake of convenience is reprehensible.

We believe in freedom and liberties such that we are willing to risk all to protect them, and we embrace the concept of peace coming through superior preparation and arms, because it is effectively the means by which we do our jobs.

We are an arm of the government, yet we much more consider ourselves an arm of the people. We conduct our lives in service, not because we want others dependent upon us, but because we revere the goodness and wholesome qualities found in most of the people we serve.

We have a code of honor, and a reverence for those who have gone before. We truly and dearly love this country and the principles it was founded on. We are unapologetic of it.

We believe in empowering the people we serve, not to seek loopholes or tricks through 'the system', but by educating them and freeing them from the oppression of those who would harm them. We see enough real harm to be able to recognize it, prevent it, and even trace it to its contributors.

We are very careful not to misplace blame, but believe wholeheartedly in justice. We believe in personal responsibility, for without it, there is no law to uphold but that of the jungle.

We realize that most of those who wish to be viewed as helpless are conartists and exploiters, and those who actually are helpless stubbornly and spiritedly refuse to be viewed as such.

We are reasonable people who must be decisive and nearly unerring; constantly regarding how our actions will be viewed after perhaps years of scrutiny by 'experts'.

We are diplomats, with the means by which to effect incarceration, or perhaps even death. In no other facet of public service is there such public trust. This, remaining constantly in our minds keeps us steadfast and diligent to always remain fair and clear-minded.

We see the values of people, and the devaluation of people. We believe in the human potential, but too often witness human nature. Above all, we refuse to blame society for the ills of a small segment of it.

Conservatism isn't simply a political leaning, it is an ingrained set of life principles, and cops do tend to be conservative, (according to my belief), because they are not insulated from the realities of life.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Well Said countybear, Well Said!

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    No.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Nope. It would only be seen as propaganda if we took out ads with some of countybear's wonderful rants in local newspapers.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The background HTML is secretly watermarked. It says VOTE REPUBLICAN.

When your screen loads, your mind picks it up.

Just wait, someone is going to ask....
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ever notice how the when people can't debate a persons points they generally switch tactics to belittling the messenger and their message? The most important question that needs to be answered in any situation is "why". When you figure out why a person or group acted in a situation you are tactically ahead of their thinking. The problem we have in this country is that presentation and sound bites are the extent of most peoples' political knowledge and experience. Uneducated people are easy to control. Uneducated people are the mob with the mob mentality. The mob will take something for nothing until they figure out that they only get what is given to them. Next thing they become is uneducated and dependent. Too many people take what is said to them at face value. We are a society that lets the media, Hollywood, and politicians tell us what is truth. For example, the war on poverty needs this that and the other in government funding, exposure, and endorsements. Well take a look at the world and you will find that those living in "poverty" in this country enjoy a greater standard of living than most of Europe. The same people that say the achievers here are evil are the same people that will fly to their next press conference in a leer jet and be picked up by a limo at the airport. That brings me to my next point. Watch what people do not what they say. Funny how a bunch of cops are not the type to buy into cheap talking points. I am in fact as right wing as just about anyone on this site. I don't get in to deep with the political debates mainly out of the amount of time they require. As a patriot, shame on me for that. Not to mention, CB, Maclean, and others beat me to excellent points and word them better than I take the time to. Mr. Joseph J. Ellis sums it up nicely in my signature line. However, the Republicans really are not pandering to anyone right now, especially conservatives. This site is not filled with right wing propaganda. It is filled with people that research, understand, and apply conservative, and dare I say founding ideals to our society, its political debates, and the discussions on this board.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Terminator is offline BANNED

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    While I certainly agree with you vote, I have to disagree with this last statement.
    Oops....it appears I forgot the sarcastic smily. It is common knowledge that MOST cops are right-leaning, if not downright Republican.....thank GOD!

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Nope I think we are in the center. Everyone else that is left of us is nuts
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

JSO85360 is offline Coming soon through a door near you!
    Verified LEO
    Countybear and Five-0 both make some very valid points. as a whole, we do lean towards the conservative side. But that's because of what we see everyday. I still have a few personal liberal views, but not many. I don't think that OR is a political propaganda site, but that there are a lot of people with the same core beliefs and morals.
    The six o'clock rule
    I tell them to act according to the six o'clock rule, a phrase that causes most of them to say, "Huh?"
    I tell them to use this little test before they decide to do something. If they were to do what they're thinking about, and it became the lead story on the six o'clock news, would they be proud? Would their department be proud, and would their family be proud? It's a simple way to live your life both personally and professionally.

Bruce Thomason

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

GASheepdog is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I vote no to "right-wing propoganda," although it is obvious and expected that the political and social views expressed on the site are conservative. Since being in LE, I have noticed that I have become more conservative because of the experiences with people while on the job.

I remember being a student in a liberal university and being urged to consider the plight of those "less fortunate," and how such people are "victims" of the social structures and powers that limit their opportunities for decent employment, upward mobility, etc.

Now, I have come to see that, with very few exceptions, people are where they are in life because of the choices that they have made. Those who depend on me and other government officials to solve their problems would do better to realize how their choices got them in the predicament they are in and take ownership in finding a solution rather than expecting me to do it for them. I have found that those who describe themselves as "conservative" are more likely to do this and LEOs tend to identify with the ideals that conservatives embrace.

So I guess that Churchill's dictum about young liberals and old conservatives was confirmed in me.
    Be kind, be courteous . . .

and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Verified LEO
    I once told a VERY liberal teacher of mine in college that I was paying for the education....very well, as a matter of fact. What I didn't pay for was her political views, and I would appreciate it if she stuck to the curriculum instead of editorializing the lessons. That went over like a lead balloon in the class of libs....but it got the point across and she toned it down a lot. I told her at the end of the class that I appreciated her toning it down like she did and thanked her for it.

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Christ on a cracker! Her Term! Did someone from DU or Daily Koolaide get their panties in a knot again?

If Libertarian, neo-pagans like me can post here, I hardly call it a conservative oriented website. We just call a shit sandwich a shit sandwich, not a heaping helping of shit a social stimulus package.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post

Just wait, someone is going to ask....

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I voted NO. I think that here is a place where we can voice our opinions and debate openly and freely. If there are right wing leanings, as stated by most everyone, it's because of what LEO's see on a daily basis. But in this forum everyone has the right to their own opinion and that's what makes this site interesting.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Thread Information