Welcome to the APBWeb.
    IMachU is offline First Class Private
    Verified LEO

Memorial Day - A Rememberance

As I sit here doing tomorrow's schedule and thinking about where we'll need more resources for tomorrow's holiday, I think about the holiday itself and why we observe Memorial Day. Both of my grandfathers were in the Army Infantry in WWI. My son is in the Army, and most of my cousins are in, or retired from, the Army or Air Force. My brothers-in-law all served, with one retiring from the Army. Some have been injured, but all made it back (although my son is still in basic).

To all who have served, thank you for your service. Without you, we would have no freedoms. To all those who are currently serving, thank you so much, and please come back home soon. We miss you. And again, without you we would have no freedoms to call our own.

Today in briefing, I will hold a moment of silence for all those who have given everything for us and our Country. They will never be forgotten, and their brave deeds will always be remembered. Even though we can't tell you in person, we hold your sacrifice near and dear in our hearts. Thank you.

Carry on.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm glad you are taking a moment with your crew to remember what this holiday is about. To many people now a days have forgotten what it was for. To them it is just a 3 day weekend with holiday pay. It is to reflect and honor those that have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep us free and safe.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

GirlInBrown is offline If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong....
    Verified LEO
    Thank You to all those who have serverd, are currently serving and RIP to all who laid down their lives for our freedom.....

" The warrior who honors the shield says, WHEN it happens, I will be ready...." Lt. Col. Grossman (Live... 9-11-07)

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I'm glad you are taking a moment with your crew to remember what this holiday is about. To many people now a days have forgotten what it was for. To them it is just a 3 day weekend with holiday pay. It is to reflect and honor those that have made the ultimate sacrifice to keep us free and safe.
    + 1 and I get to work for them.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Thanks to all who have served.

Stalker263 is offline OPS SGT
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by IMachU View Post
    As I sit here doing tomorrow's schedule and thinking about where we'll need more resources for tomorrow's holiday, I think about the holiday itself and why we observe Memorial Day. Both of my grandfathers were in the Army Infantry in WWI. My son is in the Army, and most of my cousins are in, or retired from, the Army or Air Force. My brothers-in-law all served, with one retiring from the Army. Some have been injured, but all made it back (although my son is still in basic).

To all who have served, thank you for your service. Without you, we would have no freedoms. To all those who are currently serving, thank you so much, and please come back home soon. We miss you. And again, without you we would have no freedoms to call our own.

Today in briefing, I will hold a moment of silence for all those who have given everything for us and our Country. They will never be forgotten, and their brave deeds will always be remembered. Even though we can't tell you in person, we hold your sacrifice near and dear in our hearts. Thank you.

Carry on.
    Thank You! I had the most unbelievable thing happen to me today, one of the Deputies I supervise on our Honor Guard called and left me a message on my department phone. He simply said it is Memorial Day and I wanted to thank you and wish you a good day. In all my days service in the Military and the SO I have never had anyone do this, you can call me crazy but this is the best thing a co-worker has ever done for me. All of my forefathers that I can account for have served in the Military along with my brother, this meant so much to me and I will never forget the it. Thanks 238!
    Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory!
    Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Thread Information