Welcome to the APBWeb.
    cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO

A little bit of news from me, for those of you that remember me.

As some of you may or may not have noticed, my activity here has slacked off quite a bit recently. Figured I'd stop back by and let you all know whats going on with me.
    As of the begining of May, I've made the committment to see through a promise to both myself, and family that I complete my college degree. So, I enrolled back in school and am now a nearly full time college student, married man, and a full time cop.

Me and the wife have been going through some tough times recently, and have been going through marriage counseling, which has been a god send. It's helped us out greatly, but, it's been hard work thus far.

In the past 6 months or so, my grandmother's health has (she is diagnosed with emphasima), has been gradually getting worse. Lately, at least once a month, she's been in the hospital for several days to a couple weeks at a time due to it. Doctors have not sugar coated anything for us, and have told us that she may have a few years or a few months. But, they are all consistant that her health will not be getting better and that it's going down hill. This is part of the reason why I am getting my rear end back in school. I promised her that I would complete it, and would like to do so before she passes, so that she could at least see her oldest grandchild fullfill a promise to complete at least a two year degree.

My crackwhore of an aunt who has been taking care of her when convieniant, has dropped her like a hot potato, collected her kids, and is attempting to leave the state with an alchoholic boyfriend. Not for a job, just to stay with him who also, does not have a job. This is the last event in a series of events that have lead her to do completely selfish. We all pitch in and help, but she has told us that "taking care of her is not my job." and "I just want my kids to stop ruining my life". Needless to say, this is another event we have to deal with.

These last few months have been an up and down ride for me and things are going to get a lot busier. I most likely will not be on here nearly as much I have been in the past. But I will pop in from time to time to say hello and read current posts. It's just my priorities in life have rearranged, and other things have to come first.

Just wanted to let you all know so that you don't think I fell off the side of the planet.

Sorry for the long lapse in time between postings here, things have just gotten crazy on my side of the world.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    No need to explain yourself to us, but it is nice that you checked in. Best of luck getting that degree, and even more well wishes on the other issues you are dealing with. As always this is a good place to vent even non cop issues.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Good to see you posting again, Jeff. I'm glad you're working through your problems and making a better life for yourself.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good to see you Jeff! Sorry to see that life has thrown you some curves. I'm sure you'll handle them as well as anyone could.

Don't be a stranger, we're here for ya!

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Welcome back...but why aren't you verified anymore if you're still a fulltime cop?
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiGywer View Post
    Welcome back...but why aren't you verified anymore if you're still a fulltime cop?
    Oddly enough, I still am. I still have access to LEO forums here. Just don't have the tag for some reason. Don't know why.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Jeff, sorry to hear the trials life is putting you through. Hope things get better for you. I do miss ya buddy! Just know that here at least you can always come home again, the door is always open and the light is always on!

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Good to see you back...hope things settle down and improve. I miss your stories.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I too hope you get everything settled and as stated if you need anything we are here for you. By the way name is Mike, nice to meet you.............
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    It's great to see you back again! Sorry about your grandmother's condition. It's awesome that you're going back to school partly so she can see you get your degree.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by cntryboy0531 View Post
    Oddly enough, I still am. I still have access to LEO forums here. Just don't have the tag for some reason. Don't know why.
    Strange. That happened to me as well, only with the Supporting Member tag rather than LEO of course. Get with Term or Reca and I'm sure they'll fix it
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    Glad to have you back. Stay strong and good luck with everything. I hope your marriage becomes stronger with counseling. It worked for me.
    The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government.
    -Thomas Jefferson

That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants.Ē Ė Jeff Cooper'

Good to hear from ya!! Was wondering. Good luck with everything. Keep your head up and God with you. You know where to find me if you need anything.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Good to see you back here, even if only briefly!

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

Glad you popped back in for an update.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    Hope things work out for you, cop, student, married man,

When things are toughest, that is the true test.
    Stay strong
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

chewy is offline 1 CoastieRisk!!
    Verified LEO
    Hey Jeff, sorry to hear about grandma and such... glad to see you are managing at least and going back for your degree. Don't stop, I didn't get mine and it's stuck me where I'm at and now's too late to do much about it. Keep at it and take care of yourself, don't forget to have a little fun in there somewhere!
    Grumpy bastard sick of it all!
    Guns Don't Kill People, Radical Pro-Lifers Kill People

Thread Information