Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    So was another body part south of his border, if you know what I mean (not speaking from personal observation, you understand).

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie
    So was another body part south of his border, if you know what I mean (not speaking from personal observation, you understand).
    Dood, that was pretty gay.

I said that to impress Cris

(\__/)

Andrewtx is offline A little bit of soul
    I'm an immigrant to this country, most of my immediate family members are too. We came legally and my grandparents emigrated legally to Canada from Eastern Europe with nothing but the clothes on their backs. I'm proud of my heritage, I'm proud of my grandfather who fought for Canada in WWII.

Yesterday I saw protesters in LA marching around, waving Mexican flags. My family didn't come to this country waving a Canadian flag; we came to be Americans and we respected the laws of the country into which we were welcomed. We came proud of where we came from, but proud too of the country to which we had arrived. I'm personally insulted to see protesters, some of which I can only assume are illegal, waving the flag of their homeland in a country into which they trespassed.

I'm sick and tired of the argument that securing our borders is in anything other than humanitarian. There's nothing humanitarian about ignoring the hardworking people who spend years in a mess of bureaucracy and honor the laws of the United States and advocating instead on the side of those who broke them. There's nothing humanitarian about the argument that illegals are good for jobs "Americans won't do." If America's mission in the world is to accept the poor, the wretched refuse of teeming shores, the huddled masses -- then it's not to accept them only to then tell them that they're only good enough for the jobs "Americans won't do." There's nothing humanitarian about looking the other way while millions pour across our borders so that we can enjoy cheap fruit that "Americans won't pick."

The best analogy I've heard so far is that this is the equivalent of robbers forming a union and protesting the police.

Alright I'm done.

Cheech Guest
    I Dunno. Im not touching on this subject any more. I have my opinions, Ill keep em to my self

Whitewolf is offline Hard Of Hearing Non-LEO
    One thing, Vegas, am I glad the schools will mark the students' attendance records "Truancy" for walking out of the schools. There is a zero-tolerance for truancy. It's a very serious offense for all students who do the truancy. I can't amazing why students thought they can do that. IT will hurt their records and worse, it can hurt their parents.

Of course, it taught them to use their voices but boy, are they wrong to walk out of the schools to protest the new immigration laws. They should do it AFTER schools but didn't. I was soo pissed off, two of my kids' schools were locked-down and I didn't get a chance to see the PO until today. They have to lock down the schools due to emergency. They still do the lock down today. ARGH!

I'm glad I didn't let my my kids join the protest. Of course, they're part of Mexican (Mayan tribe) but I won't let them. They're 10 and 12. They haven't ask me if they can join.
    I SEE NEKKED PEOPLE! AIN'T SKEERED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Virginian
    His mustache was waaaay too small to be a Mexican.
    ROFLMAAAOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Is that Vegas' mustache?

When he should have this LARGEST mustache?

Cheech Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewolf
    One thing, Vegas, am I glad the schools will mark the students' attendance records "Truancy" for walking out of the schools. There is a zero-tolerance for truancy. It's a very serious offense for all students who do the truancy. I can't amazing why students thought they can do that. IT will hurt their records and worse, it can hurt their parents.

Of course, it taught them to use their voices but boy, are they wrong to walk out of the schools to protest the new immigration laws. They should do it AFTER schools but didn't. I was soo pissed off, two of my kids' schools were locked-down and I didn't get a chance to see the PO until today. They have to lock down the schools due to emergency. They still do the lock down today. ARGH!

I'm glad I didn't let my my kids join the protest. Of course, they're part of Mexican (Mayan tribe) but I won't let them. They're 10 and 12. They haven't ask me if they can join.
    I never said there actions were right. Im glad they did it peacefully. The arrests made were not from kids from high school. they were adults. They are speaking for something they believe in. They did it in a peaceful manner too. I personally if I were in high school woulda stood my ass in school. The neighborhood this school is at the area is predominately hispanic, So I can see why it was started here. You gotta remember there prolly not going to think like everyone else on that subject

Cris1102 Guest
    I said that to impress Cris
    Hahahahahahahah!!!! Whatever!!! You're just telling the truth. But I'm very gald you care so much about impressing me.
    Last edited by Cris1102; 03-29-06 at 10:29 AM.

You still haven't PM'd me to explain what all those things you talked about are used for

(like that stuff that looks like a tube of toothpaste, but it's clear and has a smiley face on it. I still haven't got the taste out of my mouth).

My dentist says it's not toothpase, but she won't tell me what it's used for either
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 03-29-06 at 11:34 AM.

(\__/)

StanSwitek is offline Corporal
    Here is what the people of my county think on illegal immigration.

Illegal immigrants illegally protesting on the freeways, who tie up traffic and risk lives without any legal repercussions is tough to explain to your kids.

Vickie Thomas
    Lake Forest

Although I wish the best for foreigners and their families, I think what they are doing by crossing over to our country is wrong. We made our land into something and now people here can live "the American dream." Why should we celebrate these illegal immigrants using our land for their benefit?

They can make their own country more suitable if they work hard enough on improving it.

Larisa Martin
    Coto de Caza

The anti-immigration reform protesters time would be better served if they marched on the Mexican consulate and protested the living and working conditions in Mexico.

Dale W. Gay
    Anaheim

As a good American and combat veteran, it makes my blood boil to see a bunch of punks waving Mexican flags and burning our flag while breaking the law by walking on the freeway. If they were Anglo, buses would take them to jail. Why weren't they all arrested?

The Mexicans are taking our state without firing a shot. I am sick of both political parties sitting back and doing nothing.

Chet Berger
    Garden Grove

Failed their priorities

This is a letter to all of the Saddleback Valley High School students who walked out of school to protest the immigration bill:

Walking out of school means you, your kids and your grandkids will continue to work the fields, wash cars and mow lawns. Then when the property-tax payers and the business owners get fed up with wasting our tax dollars on your education and medical expenses, the field work and car washes will become automated and lawn services will be run by business conglomerates.

Keith Arnold
    Mission Viejo

The sad , real truth is that the illegal immigrants and the over-the-border crowd want this country more than Americans do.

Danny Nitzen
    Tustin

I don't get it. The student protesters in Santa Ana and throughout the state are protesting the right of illegal immigrants to live and work in America and become citizens, yet they wave the Mexican flag? They scrawl anti-U.S. graffiti on the walls lining Bristol Street to broadcast their plight?

J. Bautista Virata
    Westminster

Yeah, a high school girl got her hand chopped off in Dallas yesterday because of the protests:
    http://cbs11tv.com/local/local_story_087225410.html
    An 18-year-old lost her hand when an SUV she was riding in rolled over. Police say the students were trying to rush to the demonstration.

In separate cases, two other students were treated by paramedics.

Now DISD is cracking down by placing a lockdown on all Dallas schools.
    Regardless of the backlash against the protesters, though, I personally would be satisfied with a "guest worker program", provided that US citizens are given preference for all of the jobs, and that we somehow coordinate criminal background checks with the Mexican Government for all immigrants, if Mexico is even capable of doing background checks - But that also means plugging the holes at the border.

If they've been a criminal in Mexico, we don't want them to get in, but I'm all for letting good people in who want to work - But I want them deported on the first conviction for any DUI, drug offense, violent crime, or anything like that.

And if the guest workers behave themselves and put forth an effort to learn English so they can be independant and succeed in the job marketplace, I have no problem with making them and their families citizens, after 5 years. But I think learning English is a necessary step to success, and in preventing the tragedy of crime-infested clusters of impoverished immigrants who can't find decent jobs in mainstream society - We already have those sad conditions in Texas border towns.

... But Dallas didn't call ICE to deport a bad guy illegal a few months ago when they had a chance (for DUI and domestic violence), and now they have a dead cop as a result, when he got shot answering a 2nd DV call to protect the same girlfriend a few weeks later. The dead cop's family should sue the city for crap like that.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 03-29-06 at 02:18 PM.

(\__/)

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    With the guest worker program, is there some kind of minimum wage proposed? I know half the reason illegals are so popular as workers is they're cheap. I wonder how this will affect farming, etc where they typically work.

That's a good question - I'm not sure what the proposals say (too be honest I haven't been keeping up), but I think employeers should be required to obey all labor laws or face criminal and civil penalities.

(\__/)

StanSwitek is offline Corporal
    Everyone seems to be forgetting Regan tried this in the early 80's. It didnt work.

I'm sure these good folks would love to have anyone who wants to volunteer, especially LEO's. I talked to some of the Texas folks a few months ago, and I think they're very level-headed about what they want to accomplish in a 100% legal way - All they want to do is notify the Feds of illegal crossings and demand that the existing laws be enforced effectively:

http://www.minutemanproject.com/

http://www.txminuteman.org
    (notice on their Volunteer Form that this group does criminal background checks, but the check is waived for Texas LEO's and CHL holders)

There are some other more shady groups who are taking a more aggressive approach, and I don't have to tell y'all that could easily get out of hand, or even flare into a small border war, especially if the drug cartels feel threatened - so the Feds should enforce existing laws before they write more unenforcable laws that citizens feel compelled to enforce themselves.

The citizens in all the groups I mentioned are armed by the way, as they see fit for their own protection.
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 03-29-06 at 05:03 PM.

(\__/)

lepdford is offline K-9 Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Switek
    Everyone seems to be forgetting Regan tried this in the early 80's. It didnt work.
    That was before 9-11....Now they are approaching it from a homeland security perspective.

I think they should make it a felony for illegals to be in the US. That way LEO's have a way to deal with this ever growing problem. In turn...make it easier for people to legally become a US citizen. Have a screening process to keep out the bad and let in the good.

The system that we currently have, where it is illegal for illegals to be here, but no one enforces the laws (except INS if they commit a criminal offense), isn't working.

This isn't about mexicans...it's about people who aren't citizens of the United States of America being in the country and engaging in illegal and or terroristic activities. Unfortunately, Mexicans would be the ones most effected by this law because so many of them have choosen to enter the US illegally.

I'm sure things will work out for the better of the Country.

Our high school is under lock down as well, due to the walk out and numerous threats of violence. We have 4 officers in the school, with the SRO to keep the peace!
    K-9 When the door pops...The bullshit stops!

Go ahead run...I'll even give you a head start!

When the public needs help, they call the Police.
    When the Police needs help, they call SWAT.
    When SWAT needs help, they call K-9!

Duty not Reward

Quote Originally Posted by lepdford
    Our high school is under lock down as well, due to the walk out and numerous threats of violence. We have 4 officers in the school, with the SRO to keep the peace!
    You gotta be kidding, your little town too?

(\__/)

lepdford is offline K-9 Officer
    You gotta be kidding, your little town too?
    Wait!!! It gets better....We had 10 Officers and 2 K-9's in the school today! Numerous threats of weapons and shootings, even a threat of a driveby on the Chief of Police' residence. It's getting out of control! I am so glad that I will be out of town all next week.
    K-9 When the door pops...The bullshit stops!

Go ahead run...I'll even give you a head start!

When the public needs help, they call the Police.
    When the Police needs help, they call SWAT.
    When SWAT needs help, they call K-9!

Duty not Reward

Pretty weird, this town is a bit out of control for a while. Before I go to visit my daughter's middle school yesterday, I filled up the gas in my vehicle. Across the street at Jack-in-the-Box's parking lot, there was an ugliest attack: the high schoolers threw something metal at the van and its windows causing huge damages..they continued to keep hammering the van with everything; the hammer, the metal pipe, etc.. The van looked so bad, it looked like it came out of a wreck yard. The van's driver took off with his classmates to safety, they were pretty scared. But both sides are hispanic, I don't quite understand what was going on. Then there was another arrest, and another arrest.... The schools still have a locked-down where no one can go in and out except the parents. Unless if a parent has an excuse to visit or to take a child out of the school; doctor, dentist, etc. Darn. Some wackos!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information