Welcome to the APBWeb.
    mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO

A.A.A. Insurance(rant)

To anyone out there,needing insurance for anything,let this be your caution.I would like at this time to relate to you a story.Daps purchased the house we live in ,ohhh,approximately 20 years ago,(we married in 2002),and has been insured with AAA the whole time.In all those years ONE,uno,1 claim has been made,in Oct.2005(some may remember a lil thing called Katrina???) we had 36k in damage and they graciously paid us about 9k.

Well yesterday we got a sweet letter from them stating,(paraphrased) that ----They are responsible to their "investors"(funny,thought since I had a policy -I WAS one),to make a profit! and that since we live in an area where there MAY be a reason to file a claim,they will not renew our homeowners policy when it comes due.

I do not expect anyone here to run out and cancel their policy with this piece of garbage ,can of thieves,BUT,if you are looking for insurance,be aware of what these rectal apertures think of you.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My wife works at AAA, and we have used their insurance services for years at a great savings.

I'm curious, did they insure you through ACIC?

AAA is a not for profit business, and has no investors. I am curious if they are using different insurers in different regions.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Welcome to our world Mav. Florida's insurance gig has been a nightmare since we had all those lovely hurricanes down here a few years back. They are still canceling policies left and right. Companies going out of business etc. At this point I am sure a lot of people have the state's insurance deal.

I am sorry...timing sucks. Cant usually get a policy within a certain time period during hurricane season either. Wish you luck. Hopefully you can all get it sorted out.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I don't quite understand that, because flood insurance is a Federally-underwritten program, I thought, and most hurricane damage is usually due to water, isn't it?

We've had State Farm Insurance on everything for years... We've had several hail damage claims on our cars and roof, which isn't cheap, but State Farm has never even hinted that they were going to drop us or raise our rates in retaliation.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    and most hurricane damage is usually due to water, isn't it?
    There's the rub. Insurance companies were arguing after Katrina what did the damage, wind, storm surge, driven rain, flooding from rain? Whatever fits to keep them from paying is what they are saying did the damage.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    We had millions upon millions of flooding here in 2007, FEMA came, put up trailers, the whole 9 yards.

The insurance companies were trying to tell people their damage from "water seepage" (water coming in through windows and doors filling rooms quickly) was actually from "flooding" which only like, 30 percent of people had insurance for.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    It is like Cid said,there are some reports in N.O. that insurance would say it was a man made disaster(levee breach) and isnt covered under the flood clause,and will tell a neighbor(that would be covered for man made disaster) that they arent covered because it is a flood..Our damage was all wind related,and we are on very high ground and chances of flooding are extremley minimal.

Thread Information