Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Swamp Mafia has drive thru daiquiri stands???

Now I know why you guys consider drunk driving a sport. Just saw a clip on TV about these things, and had to look them up. I'm a bit flabbergasted.

Drive Through Daiquiri Shops

April 3, 2008 by chuval
    Cajunís love their alcohol, and they love it fast. If you ever had any doubt, then look no further than one of our greatest innovationsÖthe Drive Through Daiquiri Shop. Just pull up in your car or truck and order a daiquiri off the menu. You can choose an individual or even gallon-sized portions. Next, you pay the attendant, who passes you your drinks in a large styrofoam cup through the drivers side window. Thatís all there is to it!
    But isnít this illegal, you ask? Not in Louisiana chťre. As long as you donít poke that straw through the tape covering the hole in the lid (wink wink), youíre on legal terra firma. Itís a foolproof law, since everybody knows that once you remove the tape, it couldnít possibly be reapplied. Still donít believe me? Hereís the law that allows it (LSA 32:300).
    This might seem ridiculous to outsiders, but to a hard drinking Coonass, a daiquiri is barely even considered a drink. In fact, itís a warm up drink, an alcoholic appetizer, something you put down to get your party buzz on. Some Cajuns even swear daiquiris improve their driving (though the numbers arenít on their side). Of course it should be legal to have daiquiris in your car. Hell, it should be mandatory.

#12 Drive Through Daiquiri Shops Stuff Cajun People Like
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Yeah and the state DWI citation and report is about like filling out one's income tax return and applying for a loan combined , guaranteed to take at least half a shift to complete. It's no wonder that drunk driving here is a state sponsored sport.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    This might seem ridiculous to outsiders, but to a hard drinking Coonass, a daiquiri is barely even considered a drink. In fact, itís a warm up drink, an alcoholic appetizer, something you put down to get your party buzz on. Some Cajuns even swear daiquiris improve their driving (though the numbers arenít on their side). Of course it should be legal to have daiquiris in your car. Hell, it should be mandatory.
    You mean it ISN'T mandatory???????????

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    DWI enforcement in my area is considered funny. Louisiana is trying to get the sport of DWI to catch on nationwide so a league can be started. The Saints can't come close to a Superbowl but we would win a DWI championship hands down.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Absolutely true - And for years, there was one in Monroe within eyeshot of the college. Coincidence?

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Well....Wow! We have bikini latte shops and bikini fireworks shops but you guys have thought of everything. If you can get the girls to dress down, you got the best of all possible worlds.....BIKINI BOOZE SHOPS!!

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Well....Wow! We have bikini latte shops and bikini fireworks shops but you guys have thought of everything. If you can get the girls to dress down, you got the best of all possible worlds.....BIKINI BOOZE SHOPS!!

Car 4
    A bartender in a bikini top? That would take all of 10 seconds. 5 if I asked her to do it topless. You need to come visit to actually see the stupidity for yourself. Bring dark shades. It helps the retina recover from the burn. Lodging provided.

There is nothing I can do about the braincells you will definately loose.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    A bartender in a bikini top? That would take all of 10 seconds. 5 if I asked her to do it topless. You need to come visit to actually see the stupidity for yourself. Bring dark shades. It helps the retina recover from the burn. Lodging provided.

There is nothing I can do about the braincells you will definitely loose.
    I bet you guys absolutely hate working Mardi Gras. From what I have seen on TV, I can never understand why people are so stupid when alcohol is involved.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I bet except for the fights, piss & puke in the streets and flying bricks, it's a joy to work Mardi Gra

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO

Car 4
    I believe my brother in law knows all about these. lol Funny...when he took me to one on the way to the airport last time I visited we went to one that had a dressed server. Huh.

Hey! Where is my beefcake booze shop or coffee shop? I feel cheated.

Ducky..if you ever want to go...road trip!
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    The best bikini latte shop in the area is a block from our 2nd precinct. The girls are carefully selected and they mostly like cops. Maclean drives by twice a day.....on his way to work, of course.

The bikini fieworks shops just started this year and were on the local news tonite.....but drive through booze.....thats wonderful.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post

There is nothing I can do about the braincells you will definately loose.
    Ahh yes. In my former life when I worked for a living I was down in Lafeyette (sp?) for hurricane relief work. Went to a strip club. One of the chicks had a huge bandage on her leg, where you could see the blood starting to soak through. Nasty. She also happened to feel the need to pull her g-string to the side to show her business. Classy joint.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Maclean drives by twice a day.....on his way to work, of course.
    Oh...of course....(*cough*cough* bullshit *cough*cough*)

Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Thread Information