Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 Hrs Sleep

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor

2 Hrs Sleep

So, i am sure everyone has had the difficult time of falling asleep at some point.

I tend to have the problem when I know I have to get some sleep because I have to get up a short time later.

On Wednesdays, I keep the boys home from daycare (For 2 Reasons, 1. Some extra Daddy/Boys time and 2. Cut Daycare costs a couple bucks) Well since I do this every wednesday, it will fall on my works 2 out of 3 weeks, so I stay up all day after working all night (I know boo hooo)

But this is where I have the problem, my better half comes home at 5 or 6 and I go to bed and have to be to work at 10:30 PM. If I get the 4-5 hours of sleep, I am good to go and dont have to much difficulty staying awake

Well today, I go up at 6pm and there I lay, wide awake and cant get comfy. I roll around for a hour and then get up, go talk to the wife and then try again about 15 minutes later to try and get out of the funk. I lay back down and cant sleep, turn on the t.v. watch that until about 8:10-8:20 and finally I zonk. Wifey wakes me at 10:10 and up and at'm

So I get to work, a little sluggish but then I get in my grove and get a ton done, now it is 5A and only have 2 hours left, and I am running strong.

I dont understand how your body can run great on 2 hours of Sleep but then days you get 7-8-9 hours you cant keep your flippen eyes open.

Oh well, it worked out good this time
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    that happens to me sometimes also then 2-3 days later I'm draggin ass
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I don't get that 2 hour working out either, though I've experienced it many a time. It's like I'm expecting to be tired and I'm pleasantly surprised which sets up a positive feedback loop all day. Probably something physiological going on there about not getting into a deep sleep, though I prefer to think I'm just a stud all during those days.

And yeah, dragging ass the next two.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    It's weird. I've found that sometimes I do better and feel more refreshed on less sleep because it's like a short nap. If I sleep more than a couple of hours for a nap, I'm more tired than when I laid down.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I can get by on 2 hours of sleep sometimes too, but there's always a crash afterward that more than makes up for the lost sleep time.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    I dont sleep well at all...especially lately with the splint on the leg. I do well on very little sleep. But like the others..there comes a time about once a month for me when all I want to do is sleep and spend a day laying around the house napping pretty much all day. Damn unproductive day.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    I dont sleep well at all...especially lately with the splint on the leg. I do well on very little sleep. But like the others..there comes a time about once a month for me when all I want to do is sleep and spend a day laying around the house napping pretty much all day. Damn unproductive day.
    I look forward to that day, actually. Of course, this also means that someone else gets to take care of cooking, cleaning, and the munchkin...it's a glorious day.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    I look forward to that day, actually. Of course, this also means that someone else gets to take care of cooking, cleaning, and the munchkin...it's a glorious day.
    Hey..that does sound like a good day for you! You should have them more than once a month! How bout once a week? Surely Mr IM can handle it!
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I can get by on 2 hours of sleep sometimes too, but there's always a crash afterward that more than makes up for the lost sleep time.
    I agree. Just after waking up after a short sleep like that, I can feel wired. But if I don't go back to sleep before too long, I have a major crash. Just yesterday, I had softball after only about 3 hours of sleep. I was wide awake and full of energy for the game. Then when I got home I tried to lay down to get the rest of my sleep. It took a while for my body to calm down to get back to sleep. I was tempted to just stay up, but I knew that about 3-4 hours later I would have hit a major wall. And that might have screwed up my sleep even worse than it is now.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    Just yesterday, I had softball after only about 3 hours of sleep. I was wide awake and full of energy for the game.
    So, who won?

Iron Head is offline Smooth talking, silver tongued SheepDog.
    Verified LEO
    Welcome to my world. I dont sleep at all during the full moon faze of the month. Weather I try to sleep day or night. There is about a week with no sleep it has been that way for as long as I can remember. Isn't that nice.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Head View Post
    I dont sleep at all during the full moon faze of the month.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Hubby's sons have been here for the summer, they go home in another two weeks. I will be over the moon when they leave, as I have to sleep during the day and they're a bit slow on the uptake as to why they need to be quiet. Of course, they're 16 & 17, and developmentally delayed to the point that the 16 year old can't tie his shoes. They're both all about video games, namely GTA, Halo Wars, and a few other of the really loud violent types. Neither has ever read a book they didn't HAVE to, or gone outside to play unless forced to. Two hours of uninterrupted sleep sounds like heaven right now. I'm about to go start sleeping at my parent's house.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Verified LEO

Can someone please tell me why? Maybe Jenna is right.

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Thats cause that wolf can't spell either

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Are you hairier than average and experience strong urges to chase rabbits? Do you experience unexplained blackouts and wake up with fur in your teeth?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    So, who won?
    We got run-ruled. It's a co-ed team. Mostly cops and their wives/girlfriends. Our girls suck at softball, and that's been the difference all season. The other teams have girls that can hit and field.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Are you hairier than average and experience strong urges to chase rabbits? Do you experience unexplained blackouts and wake up with fur in your teeth?
    All the time with the fur in my teeth

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    All the time with the fur in my teeth
    You know a little bit of grooming would take care of that problem

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    And yes I have been known too chase a few rabbits, PGG and I were rolling code one night and I was in the lead when a jackrabbit hopped out into the road and stood up on its hind legs and just looked at the light show coming at him, caught him with the push bumper at over 100mph. Needless to say PGG was about one car length behind me, I don't have to say anymore. His car was covered.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information