Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: My Vacation

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO

My Vacation

So I started my vacation on the wrong foot the other day, on Saturday night I ended up in the hospital having my appendix removed. I'm fine now everything went well, but instead hanging out with with the wife and kids our vacation plans have been postponed. The first time I was able to get a vacation during the summer in seven years and this happens, but hey at least I'm at home and not at work. Stay safe out there I'm home till Aug 7th
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Ouch! Hope you recover quickly. On the bright side, at least you'll have more time to hang out on O/R!

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Glad to hear your alright. Sounds like one of my vacations.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You need to get your boss to convert it to sick time for you.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    You need to get your boss to convert it to sick time for you.
    + 1, if you have unlimited sick or an annual amount allocated save your vacation days for another time.

Hope all heals well and you are up and about quickly!

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I agree with the above bird......get that v-time back, glad everything worked out under the knife............
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Yikes...glad to hear you are ok...sucks to spend vacation like that. Hope the next one works out better for you...and I am with the rest...convert to sick time!!!
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I spoke with my W/C at the hospital and I was told that if I was on duty that night my vacation would of been pushed back. Instead my surgery happened a day before my vacation was about to begin so it counts towards my V-days , but that if I still don't feel 100% by Aug 7th I can stiil be put on the medical. So take a quess what my plans will be
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bird1 View Post
    I spoke with my W/C at the hospital and I was told that if I was on duty that night my vacation would of been pushed back. Instead my surgery happened a day before my vacation was about to begin so it counts towards my V-days , but that if I still don't feel 100% by Aug 7th I can stiil be put on the medical. So take a quess what my plans will be
    One of my partners went on vacation a couple of days ago, he made it two days before his dad died. He then had to spend the rest of the time dealing with that since he is the oldest. Our agency provides 40 hours paid bereavement so the Chief replaced his vacation with that so he didn't loose as much hours and can take a vacation later.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Buttercup is online now Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I'm glad that you're alright bird1, although that's a terrible way to spend a vacation.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bird1 View Post
    Why ,you sneaky SOB,I LOVE IT
    ]

Thread Information