Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Funny day at work yesterday.

One of my clients is the Georgia Eye Bank. I pick up my package, and I am trying to get to the airport where Delta has a plane waiting for me, but traffic on 85 South is at a stand still. The only lane moving is the HOV lane. So I jump in the HOV lane and sure enough I get pulled over by the DOT cops. These guys are real traffic nazis and do a great job enforceing the HOV lanes.

Now these eyes are pcked in a very dense styrafoam (SP?) cooler packed in another cooler with a very large sticker that says in bold lettering "HUMAN EYES FOR TRANSPLANT" or something to that effect. So the officer walks up to my van, and I give hime my DL, CCW, and insurance card. He takes them and asks me why I was driving in the car pool lane.

I didnt say a word, I just pointed to the cooler on my passenger seat. He reads the sticker, hands me my paperwork back, says "ok" and tells me to haul ass. (First time a cop has ever told me to haul ass! ) He must have radioed ahead because I passed several more DOT cops and didnt get pulled over. I made recored time to the airport after that.
    Last edited by Norm357; 04-01-06 at 10:58 AM.

Vendetta is offline Today, We are All Hokies
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357
    He must have radioed ahead because I passed several more DOT cops and didnt get pulled over. I made recored time to the airport after that.
    Actually he got on the radio and they took a vote. Apparently the "ayes" have it........i know it was a piss poor joke
    "And don't go home, and don't go to eat, and don't play with yourself. It wouldn't look nice on my highway", Buford T. Justice

#1 Rule in Police: Sometimes its easier to ask Forgiveness than it is to ask Permission

No one knows what it's like
    To be the bad man
    To be the sad man
    Behind blue eyes

slamdunc is offline On The Beat
    Quote Originally Posted by wcso234
    Actually he got on the radio and they took a vote. Apparently the "ayes" have it........i know it was a piss poor joke
    OOOOOH that was bad.
    'The Art of War' teaches us to "Rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's coming, but on our own readiness to receive him"--Sun Tsu

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wcso234

Piss poor....but unfortunately I still laughed.

Good job on the transport though!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information