Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MisterK is offline Monkey Man

Mckinney CNN interview

Video link

Theres so much I could say about this but everyone should watch this piece of crap. It's about 20 minutes.

She absolutely refuses to answer ANY question.. it is horrible.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft. -
    Theodore Roosevelt

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Oopsie, she got caught spending taxpayer money to fly a singer to Atlanta! lol

StanSwitek is offline Corporal
    I think her days in office are numbered.

That or she'll get a higher percentage than before for standing up to "the man".
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft. -
    Theodore Roosevelt

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Yeah, right.

Statement of Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney
    on Capitol Hill Incident
    March 29, 2006

(Washington, DC) - To the Members of the Capitol Hill Police:

Earlier today I had an unfortunate confrontation with a Capitol Hill Police Officer. It is traditional protocol that Capitol Hill Police Officers secure 535 Members of Congress, including 100 Senators. It is the expectation of most Members of Congress that Capitol Hill Police officers know who they are. I was urgently trying to get to an important meeting on time to fulfill my obligations to my constituents. Unfortunately, the Police Officer did not recognize me as a Member of Congress and a confrontation ensued. I did not have on my Congressional pin but showed the Police Officer my Congressional ID.

I know that Capitol Hill Police are securing our safety, that of
    thousands of others, and I appreciate the work that they do. I deeply regret that the incident occurred. I have demonstrated my support for them in the past and I continue to support them now.

Signal_W Guest
    Black Minister Calls for Prosecution of Cynthia McKinney
    Rev. Peterson Says McKinney Using Claims of ‘Racism’ to Stop Charges

LOS ANGELES, April 4 /Christian Wire Service/ -- On March 29, Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) struck a police officer who attempted to stop her when she entered a House office building without proper identification. According to witnesses, McKinney three times ignored Capitol Police orders to stop at a security checkpoint. Rep. McKinney later held a press conference with her attorney and supporters where she accused the Capitol Police of "racism" and of "racially profiling" her. Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson, Founder and President of BOND (Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny) issued the following statement regarding this matter:

"This situation is an example of a black liberal Democrat using allegations of racism in order to get away with breaking the law. It’s disgraceful that Cynthia McKinney would charge the Capitol Police with racism for trying to do their jobs. Charges of ‘racism’ and ‘racial profiling’ by McKinney and her attorney are code words often used to intimidate white Americans and get black racists off the hook.

McKinney could have easily defused this situation by apologizing for not having proper identification and for attacking the officer; instead, she held a press conference flanked by known racists such as Harry Belafonte, Danny Glover, and members of the NAACP. The real racists here are Cynthia McKinney and her racially divisive supporters. The U.S. Attorney’s office must vigorously pursue this case regardless of the race, gender, or position of the person involved, in order to send a clear message that this type of racial demagoguery will not thwart justice."

The Brotherhood Organization of a New Destiny (BOND) is a nationally respected nonprofit organization founded for the purpose of "rebuilding the family by rebuilding the man." BOND operates unique programs and services designed to help men and their families. Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson is the author of "SCAM: How the Black Leadership Exploits Black America."

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Awesome

Damn, I'm gonna send them 5 bucks.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterK
    Damn, I'm gonna send them 5 bucks.

I donated a hundred. Match me. http://www.bondinfo.org/

Wise_undergrad_08 is offline Master Officer
    Okay, I have to admit that some points she makes are valid. However, she discredits herself in the same stroke by bringing up stories that require the brain to make far stretches to understand the connection she is asserting exists.

"There was this black group..."

"When I went to the whitehouse with a white person..."

She doesn't help herself by doing this.

One point she makes is that security should not be based on hairstyles and lapel pins. Agreed here. It should not. They do that as a service to the congresspeople in order to expedite them to their destinations. From now on, nobody gets that. Problem solved. Everyone, including priviliged politicians who don't believe rules apply to them now have to go through security screening.

Was the officer wrong? Personallyand unofficially, I don't think so. I do withhold in official opinion until the video is released though. Whether the policy is wrong or not, when in officer asks you to stop, you stop. You argue it later. That is what a court of law is for. End of story.

I can say I am tired of the race card, tired of the crap. Cynthia McKinney, shut the hell up already!
    "A nation, as a society, forms a moral person, and every member of it is personally responsible for his society."

-Thomas Jefferson, 1792

Cotton candy don't get wet until it's in your mouth.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise_undergrad_08
    I do withhold in official opinion until the video is released though.

It wont be.
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

The following quote comes to mind...

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Last edited by MisterK; 04-05-06 at 10:18 AM.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_undergrad_08
    Okay, I have to admit that some points she makes are valid.
    What points would those be?

One point she makes is that security should not be based on hairstyles and lapel pins. Agreed here.
    Then is she making such a big issue? She is talking out of both side of hr mouth. Al she had to do was show her ID card. She chose to turn it into a confrontation.

Was the officer wrong? Personallyand unofficially, I don't think so. I do withhold in official opinion until the video is released though.
    I'll go on record & say she was absolutely wrong. Here actions after the incident are nothing more than a pathetic effort at damage control. Here actions were not acceptable for one in her position.

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Switek
    She is talking out of both side of hr mouth.

"When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

Cheech Guest
    Dood, I cant even stand the way this lady looks.

Ok guys, here is some new info.

So far congressmen and women have approched officers to tell us how much they support us. NO ONE on the hill that I have heard of or seen, supports her. Today on the news Congressman Tom DeLay called her a racist and said he supported USCP.

Most of the congress really loves us and supports us. Sounds like everything will go great for us and the officer involved. Thank god we have the support from congress we do.
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

Cheech Guest
    I love how she tries saying how capitol police should know all members of congress, And then he pulls up two pictures of her and how different she looks. SHes a F#@$#% dumbass. I can stand her. She needs to be fired. She is what causes racism, Its shit like this that makes people aware of how to be racist.

Cheech Guest
    HAhahahaahha, Did you strike the officer? Mckinney- there is so much racial profiling and lack of respect for diversity with them.

Did you know there are many black capitol hill police officers?

Quote Originally Posted by 06AccordLX
    HAhahahaahha, Did you strike the officer? Mckinney- there is so much racial profiling and lack of respect for diversity with them.

Did you know there are many black capitol hill police officers?

Yes we do have quite a few. I don't see how an officer could work up there if they were a racist.
    there next to it.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGlock40
    Ok guys, here is some new info.

So far congressmen and women have approched officers to tell us how much they support us. NO ONE on the hill that I have heard of or seen, supports her. Today on the news Congressman Tom DeLay called her a racist and said he supported USCP.

Most of the congress really loves us and supports us. Sounds like everything will go great for us and the officer involved. Thank god we have the support from congress we do.
    His statements really have no meaning anymore considering he just resigned from office because of the things he was doing while in office.

At the same time TG I am glad that the rest of the hill is standing behind you all. I have been to the DC area and there is no way in hell you can know every damn person in Congress, the Senate its just not possible. There are to damn many people.
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information