Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Reminiscing About Hurricane Hugo

One of the most fascinating blog posts I've read in a long time, was written by our own member "LowCountryCrime."

Get over to his blog and read the post about when he worked through Hurricane Hugo. From being complained on by a business officers protected, to officers being excluded from support by the Red Cross, and uplifting stories of people supporting each other.

I really enjoyed this post.

Reminiscing About Hurricane Hugo Lowcountry Crime & Punishment
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Great blog, LowCountryCrime! Very eye-opening stories. Disasters really bring out the best and worst in people.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    I can totally relate...having worked through and after Hurricane Charley when it hit the city I worked in. It was an experience...one that taught me a lot and one I could do without for a second time.

And Jenna...you are right...I saw the very worst and best of people. We had to direct traffic for a few weeks after the storm..not fun in any circumstance (I'd rather deal with people shooting at me then direct traffic I think!)....and I had people throw water bottles at me...some for nice reasons...and some actively trying to hit me as they yelled nasty comments about our inability to direct traffic.

Yep..I would rather do almost ANYTHING in the world then direct traffic.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I really enjoy that blog too. Good job of giving civilians an insight into what it can be like to work as a LEO during a hurricane.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

LowCountryCrime is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Likes for all the kind words. Those few months of wild west LE were the foundation for my career and the way I view certain things and what priority I stick to it.

I need a good cop written blog from Nashville. Anyone have one?

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LowCountryCrime View Post
    Likes for all the kind words. Those few months of wild west LE were the foundation for my career and the way I view certain things and what priority I stick to it.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Awesome.

Thread Information