Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Come and Get It!

It's up! Reca got the Twitter feed integrated into the front page. Check out our "Police Ride Along" on the front page.

Officer Resource | Police Officer Forums, Police Resources, Officer News and Articles

If you have a Twitter account, you can follow and get the messages sent to you.

Ride Along (PoliceRideAlong) on Twitter
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Awesome! It's like law enforcement poetry!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    That is a great feature!

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Slick implementation, that's very cool. See you tidied up some other layout aspects at the same time.
    Nicely done Xiphos and Reca, great feature for the homepage.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Some of these tweets are hilarious! I especially like these:

Suposebly is not a real word.

Guy is having problems with another boarder in their rooming house. Sorry, assholia is not illegal.

3 calls. 3 domestics. Happy Labor Day.

I was hoping the moped running the stop sign would run from us but no joy, just a ticket.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I've been enjoying the virtual ride-alongs on the front page! It's interesting to see how a shift goes from quiet one moment to crazy a few hours later. And it's great that so many different officers tweeting, sometimes simultaneously--it's like in a movie where the screen is split into images of people doing similar things in different places!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    The tweets really show how you can go from comedy to boredom to action to tragedy to horror and back to comedy again within short periods of time, sometimes within the same shift. Hope you all stay safe.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    The tweets really show how you can go from comedy to boredom to action to tragedy to horror and back to comedy again within short periods of time, sometimes within the same shift. Hope you all stay safe.

Thanks, Jenna.

It's a pleasure to provide this for the site and share some of the shifts experiences.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    I'd probably do it, but I'm sure people don't want to hear my "extra patrols", "security details", and other BS airport stuff that we have to do on night shift. It's the library equivalant of police work...quiet
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post

It's a pleasure to provide this for the site and share some of the shifts experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    I'd probably do it, but I'm sure people don't want to hear my "extra patrols", "security details", and other BS airport stuff that we have to do on night shift. It's the library equivalant of police work...quiet
    I'd love to see what you do--I'm sure you'd have some interesting things to tweet even if it's not all the time. And even if it seems boring it might be fun if you phrase it in a funny way!

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Great feature!
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I love the dry wit with which you tweet about some of the situations you encounter!

Some of my favorites:

#ORPudge I may be burning in hell lady, but I'll be doing it from the comfort of my bed while you're nursing your taser wounds in jail

#lewisipso Full tac team activation. Murder suspect. During planning stage suspect goes mobile. Damn surveillance team takes him down. I hate that

# ORPudge Criminal damaging, she didn't see who wrote "eat me" in her paint, but she "knows' it was her ex, oh, and maybe this one guy, or...

# Ride AlongPoliceRideAlong Motorcycle 100+ into jersey wall. The FAA is going to fine him for not having a pilot license. Surprisingly he is still alive.

# ORPudge 1 headlight, 3 occupants, 1 k9 sniff, 2 arrested. Score!

# OfficerResource ModORPudge If its movin, I'm stoppin it, k9king is sniffin it. I love when we get to do this

#lewisipso Lunch. Maybe.

# SecondChance122 Early morning domestic, mom and 33 year old son. That is what happens when your 33 year old still lives at home. Everyone calmed down.

# Josh Mpojmm Accident on the highway. Car vs deer. Heavy damage to the car, but the car still won. Waiting for the tow right now.

# OfficerResource ModORPudge Traffic directed for two parades, one more tomorrow. One more festival closer to retirement!

# ORPudge Dispatched to an intox/mental. Transport to ER for psych eval. There were truly tears in his beers

# lewisipso Elemetary school burglary. A lot of trouble for a coke machine.

# pojmm Seat belt stop resulted in F bombs raining down upon me. Not a happy customer

# ORPudge Disturbance between three pro circuit drunk brothers. One let's other in, then wants him to leave later. Found him a place for the night.

# ORPudge Neighbor dispute over "who let the dogs out" and vehicle lockouts. Go me

# pojmm Car vs deer. Minor damage. Two deer managed to scamper away...but probably didnt get far.

# ORPudge Comm burg alarm, likely weather related. Waiting for keyholder. The audible on this thing is loud enough to wake the dead

# PoliceRideAlong Evidently, 3 minutes for drug dealers really means 3 hours.

# ORPudge Drunks making excessive noise while pounding down their Steel Reserve and smokin Bugler's. Thoroughly warned.

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Just updated "following" list.

Thank you for the effort you put into this.

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Following... should be interesting
    FIGHT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    When my kind come to rule this planet your name shall be put on a list, a protected list, and no harm shall come to you.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Ok....I broke down and signed up. ORgopher. Follow my exciting adventures as I keep the airport community free of Al Keeder.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Ok....I broke down and signed up. ORgopher. Follow my exciting adventures as I keep the airport community free of Al Keeder.
    Awesome! Looking forward to it!

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Fun game. I found him but now I have a bullet hole in my computer screen.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Fun game. I found him but now I have a bullet hole in my computer screen.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    It took about 0.5 seconds to find him
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Oh good! Maybe now I can work on converting you from the dark side and get you started on rooting for a better team......

Packers rule!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information