Welcome to the APBWeb.
    besafe2 is offline Rookie

Will you change your eating out habits ?

With the cold blooded murders of the 4 Lakewood,Wa. officers today, wondering if you will change your habits when eating out ?
    Please stay safe in all you do, also know I pray for each of you daily. Thank you for all you do. On Twitter at
    www.twitter.com/coachrowsey

Paul

thanantos is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Man, life every story that comes out about cops being killed I change my habits. For a while that is. Of course over time we become more lax, but by and large I end up being more aware. Hopefully, this will not push me to be more isolated from the other customers when I'm eating out. I have been working on being more friendly to help the police image, but it is hard when stories like this come out.

Guess you have to fall back on the old saying, "Be professional and courteous but have a plan to kill every person you meet."
    The truth is you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men.
    But I'm tryin' Ringo.
    I'm tryin'...real hard...to be the shepherd.

DSAM-MI.org

besafe2 is offline Rookie
    I'm a former officer & at almost the same time this was going down my wife & I were out eating breakfast & 2 of our local officers(in uniform) were eating breakfast in the same place their squad cars parked in back by mine. Little did any of us know at he time. This is so sad.
    Please stay safe in all you do, also know I pray for each of you daily. Thank you for all you do. On Twitter at
    www.twitter.com/coachrowsey

Paul

Checkman is offline What's the nearest cross street?
    Verified LEO
    I either go home to eat or I eat in my car. I try to make sure I don't park in the same place when I eat. However I do go into coffee shops and other establishments and talk with customers and employees which would make me a target. I also do reports on the computer in my car which makes me vunerable, but admin dosen't want us in the building anymore. What are you going to do except be alert and ready for .......well just be ready.

GirlInBrown is offline If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong....
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkman View Post
    . What are you going to do except be alert and ready for .......well just be ready.

It's all you CAN do...and be vigilant at it....no matter what we do or change, there will always be someone out there that is trying to stay one step ahead of you. Stay safe.
    " The warrior who honors the shield says, WHEN it happens, I will be ready...." Lt. Col. Grossman (Live... 9-11-07)

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Let's keep in mind that any discussion of tactics or changed tactics should take place over on the verified side.

The question is a good one, and I'm not raining on anyone - but this is the sort of thing we need to talk about where we know who is reading.

MacLean
    Site Moderator
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Let's keep in mind that any discussion of tactics or changed tactics should take place over on the verified side.
    MacLean
    Site Moderator
    +1, Especially regarding tactics similar to this incident.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Thread Information