Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: stupid colts

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO

stupid colts

ok, what the hell were the colts thinking...pulling your starters in the third quarter with a slight lead over a jets team that now controls its own destiny as far getting into the playoffs. i have several problems with this.

1. you were 14-0. you very likely could have gone 16-0, with a possibility of being the only other team besides the '72 dolphins to go undefeated and win a superbowl. there are several other superbowl champions, but a completely undefeated season would be immortality. nobody knows who won the superbowl 12 years ago, but youd have been talked about and remembered forever.

2. you give momentum to a competitor. the jets needed a win to control their own destiny. they got that thanks to this stupidity. now it is highly likely that they will be a 5 seed, possibly 6 seed in the afc playoffs. you may see them again. and you have given them confidence. i will laugh my ass off if the jets limp into the playoffs, squeak past the first round, and pull off a miracle against the colts. it would serve them right for allowing them to be in that position.

3. if you are healthy, you play. period. this is rough game. injuries happen. next man up. enough said.

4. sitting your guys gets them out of rythym. they want to be out there playing the game and having fun. this has backfired on the colts before, and it will again.

5. fans pay big money to come to the games. you intentionally put an inferior product on the field, and lost. they deserve their money back.

i hope the colts lose in the first round. i was rooting for them in the AFC, but i cant support this bullshit.

by the way...my EAGLES are 11-4. sorry all you colorado guys in here. you made it close, but it only counts in horsehoes and hand grenades. bring on the cowboys for the division!!!
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Why I hate the NFL and why a playoff would ruin college football.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Why I hate the NFL and why a playoff would ruin college football.
    a playoff wouldnt ruin college football. there are so few games, that every game would still mean something. you couldnt afford to lose games to make a limited team playoff, so resting your starters still wouldnt be an option.

that being said, i wouldnt want a playoff in college football. teams like TCU and Boise state complain that they cant get a look because theyre not in a bcs conference, but they dont deserve a shot at the national title, cause they dont play anyone. great, you went undefeated. who the fuck did you play? you wanna prove you belong...schedule some real contenders when you put together your non conference schedule and take care of business. until you do that, shut the fuck up.

the bcs isnt perfect, but i think it gets it right more often than it gets it wrong.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    the bcs isnt perfect, but i think it gets it right more often than it gets it wrong.
    I'll drink to that, and since I'm drinking.....cheers.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    At least the colts had a reasonthe 13-1 Saints let the 2-12 Bucs humiliate them in their(Saints) backward march to the playoffs.,Notice I said playoffs and not THE bowl,cause the way they are playing I dont see them making it past the 1st game in the p/o.
    ]

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    The Bengals finally made it, thank God! Thought my hubby was going to throw the TV out the window by the 3rd quarter. They may not make it to the Superbowl, but they are the Division Champs!

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

mtaylor is offline "I dont feel the need to explain myself!"
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    I'll drink to that, and since I'm drinking.....cheers.
    Better get your crytowel ready when UT defense shuts down mark ingram. Can you say UT the 2010 BCS champions

This has now concluded the thread hijack!
    Romans 13:4
    For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    ok, what the hell were the colts thinking...pulling your starters in the third quarter with a slight lead over a jets team that now controls its own destiny as far getting into the playoffs. i have several problems with this.

1. you were 14-0. you very likely could have gone 16-0, with a possibility of being the only other team besides the '72 dolphins to go undefeated and win a superbowl. there are several other superbowl champions, but a completely undefeated season would be immortality. nobody knows who won the superbowl 12 years ago, but youd have been talked about and remembered forever.

2. you give momentum to a competitor. the jets needed a win to control their own destiny. they got that thanks to this stupidity. now it is highly likely that they will be a 5 seed, possibly 6 seed in the afc playoffs. you may see them again. and you have given them confidence. i will laugh my ass off if the jets limp into the playoffs, squeak past the first round, and pull off a miracle against the colts. it would serve them right for allowing them to be in that position.

3. if you are healthy, you play. period. this is rough game. injuries happen. next man up. enough said.

4. sitting your guys gets them out of rythym. they want to be out there playing the game and having fun. this has backfired on the colts before, and it will again.

5. fans pay big money to come to the games. you intentionally put an inferior product on the field, and lost. they deserve their money back.

i hope the colts lose in the first round. i was rooting for them in the AFC, but i cant support this bullshit.

by the way...my EAGLES are 11-4. sorry all you colorado guys in here. you made it close, but it only counts in horsehoes and hand grenades. bring on the cowboys for the division!!!
    I'm with you... as much as I hate and despise everything Manning and hence the Colts, I'd rather have them win yesterday and keep there undefeated streak alive, then allow the Jets into the playoffs. Congrats on your Eagles, hopefully we get a rematch of XXXIX...
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    I'm SOOOOO pissed at Coach PieceOfS**tWell right now. Every time that the Colts lay up at the end of the season, they bomb out of the playoffs, early. Watch for my beloved Colts to lose the first playoff game. There is ALOT of negative energy in the Colts locker room right now. That is exactly what you DO NOT need when entering the playoffs. And once they finally play their first playoff game, they will be playing a team that already has won a playoff game and has positive momentum on their side. I feel sick to my stomach about the Colts' situation right now.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    I see why the Colts benched their guys, but don't they see how much more exposure they would get from an undefeated season as opposed to winning the super bowl?

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass View Post
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
    god i hate you

i guess it could be worse, you could be a Giants fan

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    The Colts are saying "thank God what happened to Welker didn't happen with us". What do teams say at the beginning of the season? "Our goal is to take the division, get home field in the playoffs, and win the super bowl". As much as I hate it, resting the starters in the meaningless games is the best bet to satisfy all of the above. Teams do not begin the season sayinng "We will have an unbeaten season"

Again, i don't like it, but it's the most prudent move for coaches. As much as the Colts have been taking flak, imagine if Manning played and went down like Welker. They'd never ever hear the end of it.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    The Colts are saying "thank God what happened to Welker didn't happen with us". What do teams say at the beginning of the season? "Our goal is to take the division, get home field in the playoffs, and win the super bowl". As much as I hate it, resting the starters in the meaningless games is the best bet to satisfy all of the above. Teams do not begin the season sayinng "We will have an unbeaten season"

Again, i don't like it, but it's the most prudent move for coaches. As much as the Colts have been taking flak, imagine if Manning played and went down like Welker. They'd never ever hear the end of it.
    injuries happen. manning could could get killed in a car accident on his way to practice. you dont know. i say if youre healthy, you play. if your ailing a little, then take a week off. but if you can go, you fucking go. thats what you get paid to do. welker's out...deal with it. next man up. edelman looked pretty damn good with 10 grabs for 130 yards.

the colts rested their starters and infuriated their fans, divided their locker room, and lost 2 in a row. now they are going into the playoffs as a team divided, on a losing streak, out of rythym. youre crazy to think that wont effect them.

and you cant have it both ways. dont say "we dont care about the history of the game, and going undefeated, we just want to win the superbowl" and then start manning so he can keep his meaningless start streak going, and keep your recievers in the game against buffalo so they get 100 receptions. that shit is stupid.

i remember when the pats and the giants played a meaningless week 17 game for the pats perfect season. both teams played their starters, and it was one hell of a meaningless war. the giants lost starting probowler OL luke petigrout for the playoffs because of that game. but the intensity of that game fueled both teams to make it to the superbowl, and the giants pulled it out because they knew what they could do against the pats. i hate the giants, but i give coughlin a lot of credit for that season. im telling you, you dont want to go into the playoffs losing games. the teams that do the best are the teams playing the best at the end of the year. thats why number 1 seeded teams rarely win the superbowl. they take the final weeks off and get out of sync.

you will see, the colts are the best team in football and will not win the superbowl this year. the chargers are red hot right now, and will knock them off.

Eagles-Chargers...you heard it here first

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    ESPN magazine has a monthly column by a current NFLplayer,he goes by the nom de pleur of Player X,this month he wrote about it and says the rust you get in just 2/3 weeks is a larger risk than an injury ,and that benching the starters is not a good idea.Think I will send Sean Payton a subscription next year.
    ]

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Never heard of the Eagles
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    injuries happen. manning could could get killed in a car accident on his way to practice. you dont know. i say if youre healthy, you play. if your ailing a little, then take a week off. but if you can go, you fucking go. thats what you get paid to do. welker's out...deal with it. next man up. edelman looked pretty damn good with 10 grabs for 130 yards.

the colts rested their starters and infuriated their fans, divided their locker room, and lost 2 in a row. now they are going into the playoffs as a team divided, on a losing streak, out of rythym. youre crazy to think that wont effect them.

and you cant have it both ways. dont say "we dont care about the history of the game, and going undefeated, we just want to win the superbowl" and then start manning so he can keep his meaningless start streak going, and keep your recievers in the game against buffalo so they get 100 receptions. that shit is stupid.

i remember when the pats and the giants played a meaningless week 17 game for the pats perfect season. both teams played their starters, and it was one hell of a meaningless war. the giants lost starting probowler OL luke petigrout for the playoffs because of that game. but the intensity of that game fueled both teams to make it to the superbowl, and the giants pulled it out because they knew what they could do against the pats. i hate the giants, but i give coughlin a lot of credit for that season. im telling you, you dont want to go into the playoffs losing games. the teams that do the best are the teams playing the best at the end of the year. thats why number 1 seeded teams rarely win the superbowl. they take the final weeks off and get out of sync.

you will see, the colts are the best team in football and will not win the superbowl this year. the chargers are red hot right now, and will knock them off.

Eagles-Chargers...you heard it here first
    Well said... Welker's injury was a fluke, he made a cut move that he's made 122 times this season, just happened to blow his kee on it. Edelman is a mini Welker, he'll do ok. Disagree on your SB pick though, Chargers will crush the Vikes hopes, and cause another tearful retirement speech by FAGre...
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

Thread Information