Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: f the cowboys

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO

f the cowboys

so my stupid eagles choked...again. im wasting my life away year after year hoping for that elusive superbowl win. eventually the windows gonna close. its so discouraging.

i hate the cowboys, but not nearly as much this year as in years past. i guess if i have to choose an nfc team id like to see the cardinals back in the superbowl. 51-45 in OT against the pack, that was one hell of a game. i wouldnt mind seeing warner win a superbowl with 2 different teams.

it was also nice seeing the patriots catch a humble, but i cant really stand the ravens, so im hoping the colts give them the business next week. plus i think it would be great if the jets squeeked past the chargers and met the colts in the afc championship game and won. that would be soooooo sweet, because the jets wouldnt even have been in the playoffs if the colts didnt lay down in week 16 for them.

oh well. GO FLYERS!!!!!!
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    5 consecutive scoring drives isn't choking.

I don't think it's considered choking when you get swept three times in a season. I think that just means the other team is better.

Considering the Cowboys managed to clean sweep the eagles (one shutout), they were the first team to beat the Saints, and have been red hot for the last month, I'd say they're the better team.

And along the same lines, I hate the Eagles. In fact, I hate everyone else in the NFC east. America's Team should be in a conference of their own.

Bring on the Vikes!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    5 consecutive scoring drives isn't choking.

I don't think it's considered choking when you get swept three times in a season. I think that just means the other team is better.

Considering the Cowboys managed to clean sweep the eagles (one shutout), they were the first team to beat the Saints, and have been red hot for the last month, I'd say they're the better team.

And along the same lines, I hate the Eagles. In fact, I hate everyone else in the NFC east. America's Team should be in a conference of their own.

Bring on the Vikes!
    bullshit...we choked. it was 7-7 in the 2nd qrtr and sean jones picked off romo on the 20. momentum was changing, and we were looking good, then it got overturned on a challenge. that took the wind out of our sails. football is a game of momentum. we lost it, and never gained it back.

we had the 2nd seed locked up. all we had to do was win and it was ours, and we played like shit. then we came back the next week and played equally as bad. i chalk it up to the let down the previous week. going from the 2 seed to the 6 seed is a real kick in the nuts. so, you beat us 3 times this season. up until this year we have dominated the cowboys recently. and congrats on your first playoff win since 96. i was a senior in high school last time it happened...lol. we have been to 5 nfc championship games in the last 9 seasons, we just choke every damn year. you guys have been playing well at the end of the season, but you are not going to win it all this year. not with wade phillips calling the shots. so enjoy it while it lasts...cause the vikes are gonna give you the hucklebuck.

wait for it, wait for it....

...im trying to see how long it takes before you say "we have 5 superbowls. how many do you have?" like every other cowboy fan who cant stop living in the past. youre like al bundy, he scored 4 touchdowns in 1 game at polk high. plus then i could remind you that pittsburgh has 6. and they are my afc team, if i had to choose one. i go to one pittsburgh game a year cause i know a bunch of guys who live out that way. but i bleed Eagles green.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    You're saying they lost by TWENTY points this week because of a loss of momentum? They weren't able to eek out the slightest littlest bit of momentum in the remaining FORTY THREE minutes?

I would hardly say the eagles "dominated" the cowboys in recent years. The Eagles are 7-5 in the last 5 years against the Cowboys (not including 2009)
    2009 - clean sweep by the Cowboys
    2008 - Split games
    2007 - Split games
    2006 - Clean Sweep by the Eagles
    2005 - Clean sweep by the Cowboys
    2004 - clean sweep by the Eagles
    2003 - Split Games

They've got a winning record against the Cowboys in the last 5 years (again, not including 2009)...but it's hardly "dominating."
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO

I didn't feel either playoff game was good yesterdaywith 91 points scored total,sumthin aint right(defenses???),but it was fun watching Pitt come back and almost take it all.Would have prefered them than the Cards,next week against the Saints,at least with Pitt,maybe someone could have "accidentally" set the Dome thermostat to about 80*.

Verified LEO
    You're saying they lost by TWENTY points this week because of a loss of momentum? They weren't able to eek out the slightest littlest bit of momentum in the remaining FORTY THREE minutes?

."
    yes. thats exactly what im saying. the ravens scored on the first play of the game against the patriots on an 80 yard run from scrimmage. the patriots had 59 minutes and 40 seconds to put something together, but just never recovered from that early gut punch. then the ravens scored again, and you could see the game was over before it even started. sometimes thats all it takes. i think the patriots are a better team then the ravens, but it wasnt their day. its all about momentum. the cowboys were the better team this year. but the eagles pissed away the end of the season.

and i will concede on the recent domination of the cowboys. i spoke without doing my research. i guess i was only remembering some select big games late in the season when it really meant something (like decembers), and forgot about those losses in the early parts of the season when teams are still finding themselves. what i should have said is that the eagles have recently dominated the league, and the nfc east in general in the regular season, as they have the third most wins (tied with the steelers at 103 where the cowboys only have 82) in the league for the decade behind the colts and patriots...and unfotunately they have the most playoff chokes along with the chargers.

go vikings

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    go vikings
    ^^^^ Skol Vikings!!!!!!
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    You should become a NY team fan..you'll be happier
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass View Post
    You should become a NY team fan..you'll be happier
    Wouldn't that be like committing treason?
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    yes. thats exactly what im saying.
    I'm sorry but I just don't buy that. Their halftime break wasn't enough to get the team energized, refreshed, and ready to go? I will agree, momentum is a huge part of the game. But it doesn't decide the game, it only plays a part.

Quote Originally Posted by tapout
    what i should have said is that the eagles have recently dominated the league
    Yeah ok I'll give ya that. They've been a very strong team in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan
    ^^^^ Skol Vikings!!!!!!
    Shut yer yapper steve.

Cowboy's have a 10% lead in NFL.com's online poll for who will win Sunday. I typically dont take much stock in polls...but for this one, I'm gonna have to agree.

Verified LEO

Cowboy's have a 10% lead in NFL.com's online poll for who will win Sunday. I typically dont take much stock in polls...but for this one, I'm gonna have to agree.
    i wouldnt be surprised at all to see the cowboys win this game. i hate them, but they are playing awfully good football right now

Verified LEO
    Our Favre-ther, who art in Mississippi, hallowed be thy name. Thy bowl will come, it will be won, in Miami as it is in the Metrodome. Give us this Sunday our weekly win. Give us touchdown passes, but do not let others pass against us. Lead us not into frustration, but deliver us to the Super Bowl. For thine is the MVP,... the best of the NFC, and the glory of the purple people eaters, now and forever. Amen.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    Our Favre-ther, who art in Mississippi, hallowed be thy name. Thy bowl will come, it will be won, in Miami as it is in the Metrodome. Give us this Sunday our weekly win. Give us touchdown passes, but do not let others pass against us. Lead us not into frustration, but deliver us to the Super Bowl. For thine is the MVP,... the best of the NFC, and the glory of the purple people eaters, now and forever. Amen.

Verified LEO
    I gotta give credit to the Cowboys. They came out hard, smashed the Vikings in the mouth, dominated every aspect of the game, and taught the Vikes how to play the game of football.

Wait a minute.........it was the Vikings that did all that to the Cowboys? My bad

Vikings 34
    Cowboys 3

SKOL VIKINGS!!!

Verified LEO
    You should have stuck to your guns and not taken much stock in that poll

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY YYY

I'm gonna take a page from tapouts playbook and blame it on the loss of momentum after Romo's first quarter fumble.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Congrats to the Vikes for continually re-establishing the line of scrimmage 2 yards in the Dallas backfield on nearly every single play...Ray Edwards single handedly dominated that game..it was quite impressive, so congrats on an all out win.

HOWEVER, congrats on also being a bunch of classless douchepumps by throwing the ball with 2 minutes left of a 3 td game. I'm not sure what Dallas did for Minny to want to embarass them like that, but that is some major weak sauce right there. Total chickenshit. When you'reup 3 scores with 2 minutes left, you run the damn ball as not to run up the score Bob Stoops Style and embarass your opponent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Congrats to the Vikes for continually re-establishing the line of scrimmage 2 yards in the Dallas backfield on nearly every single play...Ray Edwards single handedly dominated that game..it was quite impressive, so congrats on an all out win.

HOWEVER, congrats on also being a bunch of classless douchepumps by throwing the ball with 2 minutes left of a 3 td game. I'm not sure what Dallas did for Minny to want to embarass them like that, but that is some major weak sauce right there. Total chickenshit. When you'reup 3 scores with 2 minutes left, you run the damn ball as not to run up the score Bob Stoops Style and embarass your opponent.

Being as I'm from MN, and a lifelong Dallas fan, I can answer this question.

The vast majority of Vikings fans (I'd guesstimate 80-90%) are giant douche bags anytime the Vikings win (that includes wins against the Raiders,Lions, and Browns). Post season wins are even worse, giant fucking douche bags. They rival most eagles fans for douche-baggyness. It is one of the primary reasons I absolutely cannot stand the Vikings, or they're fans. So anyway, their fans are assholes, I can only assume the coaching staff and players are even worse.

I have yet to see a Viking fan admit that their team would be horse shit with T-Jack back under center in place of Favre. That alone is an embarassment for me, and I'm not even a fan. That's like me welcoming Donovan McNabb into Dallas...even if he gives Dallas a 16-0 season single handedly....I don't want him there. The Vikings, and their fans, have sold their souls to the devil

Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    Being as I'm from MN, and a lifelong Dallas fan, I can answer this question.

The vast majority of Vikings fans (I'd guesstimate 80-90%) are giant douche bags anytime the Vikings win (that includes wins against the Raiders,Lions, and Browns). Post season wins are even worse, giant fucking douche bags. They rival most eagles fans for douche-baggyness. It is one of the primary reasons I absolutely cannot stand the Vikings, or they're fans. So anyway, their fans are assholes, I can only assume the coaching staff and players are even worse.

I have yet to see a Viking fan admit that their team would be horse shit with T-Jack back under center in place of Favre. That alone is an embarassment for me, and I'm not even a fan. That's like me welcoming Donovan McNabb into Dallas...even if he gives Dallas a 16-0 season single handedly....I don't want him there. The Vikings, and their fans, have sold their souls to the devil
    I kinda disagree, not about the douchebagginess, but about the QB. The Vikings have a complete team, and I believe it all starts with their lines. They have the best D-Line in football, and one of the best O-lines. They have two very good running backs, and a core of receivers that can make plays all over the field. Minnesota was prepared to have Rosenfals as their QB this season before Favre came, and I think they would be in the same position today if Rosenfals was in instead of Favre. T-Jak though would is a lost cause and his loserness would have overpowered the teams strengths. So as much as I hate Favre, I still give the queens credit for building the team they have.
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Agree 100%. Our O and D lines dominated all game.

I disagree. This is the NFL, not Pop Warner. These guys are professionals and no one feels sorry for the other team, especially in the playoffs. If the Cowboys were offended that the Vikings kept scoring, they should have done something about it. The Cowboys still had all their starters in, too. If they thought the game was out of reach, why did they continue to go for it on multiple 4th downs late in the game? Maybe they should have just punted and let the Vikings run out the clock from the other end of the field.

I didn't piss and moan that the Giants worked us over 41-0 and never really let up in the 2000 NFC Championship game. I was upset that the Vikings failed to show up that game and give any meaningful effort.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information