Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Michelle is offline Civilian

Look at what my neighbor did

Thought I share what happened to my house this last Friday night. Neighbor left their truck unoccupied, didn't put in park and left the ignition on. Hubby was on the other side of the wall. He got a few cuts, but is fine. (other than shell shock syndrome).
    Sure messed up the wall, some electronics, ceiling and carpet. We have to wait till Friday for their auto insurance to come out and do an appraisal. Can't wait to see how much our propane bill is going to be!

---------------------

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1678/6smash.jpg
    Last edited by Michelle; 02-01-10 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Added an inside pic.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Thought I share what happened to my house this last Friday night. Neighbor left their truck unoccupied, didn't put in park and left the ignition on. Hubby was on the other side of the wall. He got a few cuts, but is fine. (other than shell shock syndrome).
    Sure messed up the wall, some electronics, ceiling and carpet. We have to wait till Friday for their auto insurance to come out and do an appraisal. Can't wait to see how much our propane bill is going to be!

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/3267/2smash.jpg

Ouch! Glad you guys are okay.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Thank you, Pudge113!
    At first, I had no idea if there was anyone in the truck. It was dark, no flash light, truck engine running and no one was answering me. I was just about to bust the window when the neighbor finally told me it was her vehicle. I was relieved at the same time annoyed. I had no idea what I was going to have to deal with once I did break the window.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Wow, that had to be scary! I'm glad everyone is alright!

NC Bullseye is offline Officer First Class
    So glad you and yours are ok! Did the neighbor give any reason better than alien abduction for leaving a vehicle in that condition?

OfficerResource.com is offline Site Administrator
    Verified LEO
    Make sure you check very good for damages. A friend of mine had this happen to his house and after they fixed it he found some other things wrong and they gave him a hard time about it.

Neighbor said that her husband just had chemo that day,they just got back from grocery shopping and they both had a lot on their mind and forgot to put the truck in park. I assume she had her truck running while she helped her husband into the house before planning on getting the groceries out.
    After truck got parked in our wall, later her husband came down with a wagon and got the groceries out of the back of the truck, slipped and sprained his arm and she had to take him to the ER.

Will do Reca!
    Our ceiling is starting to bulge down a little more everyday along with the cracks inside the house seem to be worse.
    I'm wondering if they will replace the carpet considering it is all scrunched up,has millions of glass particles that I doubt can be completely cleaned up. With a grandbaby in the house, I'm certainly going to ask/tell the insurance company.

We did get lots of pictures and took a live video of the tow truck pulling the truck out.

pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    the insurance company will do what you make them do. As Reca said document it with photos of every description. Their insurance btw should be the ones paying for your damages.
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Someone needs to write FAIL into that pic and send it in to FailBlog. Glad everyone's ok though.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaFuzz View Post
    Someone needs to write FAIL into that pic and send it in to FailBlog. Glad everyone's ok though.

Glad no one was hurt, Michelle. I hope your insurance covers everything you need.

Thanks everyone! We are still waiting for their insurance people do get their butts out here.
    What's really weird, is right before it happened I was telling my husband he needed a new truck, was talking about quantum physics and the laws of attraction. yep, I'm done talking to him about that stuff.

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Glad everyone is alright, Hope the insurance people send an inspector to check for structural damage, (Foundation & support Walls). Good luck.

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

WyomingSunrise is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    I'm glad everybody is alright. If you're concerned about how the hole in your wall will affect your heating bill, you may want to bring that up with the insurance company as well. Depending on the weather there etc, it may be a significant cost and my increase subtantially as a direct result of the the accident.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    What's really weird, is right before it happened I was telling my husband he needed a new truck, was talking about quantum physics and the laws of attraction. yep, I'm done talking to him about that stuff.

ohionarc is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Holy crap!! Glad you guys are okay and hope the insurance company does you right.....one question:

Did they order Fries with that?

OhioNarc

TheBigO
    Somewhere in Ohio

"There will be no peace until they (terrorist) love their children more than they hate ours"

The opinions represented here are mine, they are not intended to in anyway represent my agency.....

The auto insurance co., (that even a lizard could get a job at) came out Friday.
    We also had a contractor come out too and check things out. So far, so good. We get a new wall and windows, ceiling will be fixed, new carpet and some electronics, laptop station on the chair and forgot to ask if they would replace the beer my husband just sat down to drink. Probably will be all done in a couple if months.

Fries, .... I'd do donuts, but no fries

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    The auto insurance co., (that even a lizard could get a job at) came out Friday.
    We also had a contractor come out too and check things out. So far, so good. We get a new wall and windows, ceiling will be fixed, new carpet and some electronics, laptop station on the chair and forgot to ask if they would replace the beer my husband just sat down to drink. Probably will be all done in a couple if months.

Fries, .... I'd do donuts, but no fries
    Good to hear, hopefully it gets done quicker then a couple of months, more like a couple of weeks. Mid winter I would insist the insurance company put a rush on it.

As far as the beer goes, think your neighbor owes you a few.

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Good luck with the lizards....

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post

Good luck with the lizards....

and still living like a caveman. Now I know where that auto insurance company gets their ideas for commercials.
    I'm about ready to write a new one for them too.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    and still living like a caveman. Now I know where that auto insurance company gets their ideas for commercials.
    I'm about ready to write a new one for them too.
    Well, maybe your repairs are more difficult than what a caveman could do?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information