Welcome to the APBWeb.

Talking If you wear flip flops, watch this!

msnbc.com Video Player

Ewwwwwwwwwww I think I'm going to bleach my flip flops now.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    "Wear them in the city, wear them in the White House!"

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Did anyone not really know this already? I've always considered flip flops to be some of the dirtiest things we willingly adorn ourselves with. I don't wear them except at the beach, camping, or for showering at work or the gym. In fact, I don't support their regular wear by guys at all really. I like them on girls, but girls are generally cleaner about them, have better foot hygeine with pedicures, nails, etc...they're more a fashion accessory, so they're not generally tromping through nastiness with them on. With guys like that kid from Philly though...7 year old flip flops? They just gave me the heebies looking at them! No one in their right mind would want to handle 6 year old shoes who's owner never wears socks with them...why are flip flops different and trendy? Sure moisture has an outlet on the top of your foot, but the sole of your foot is just as grody as if you were wearing regular shoes with no socks. Nasty!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    I got my swim trunks and my flippy floppies!

But only on a boat!
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    The amount of people who come through the airport wearing flip flops is insane. EVERY one of them has to take them off at the checkpoint and go barefoot through it. Think about the THOUSANDS of people a day who are going barefoot in an airport and I hope to God you wear regular shoes and socks the next time you travel. It's really gross.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    The amount of people who come through the airport wearing flip flops is insane. EVERY one of them has to take them off at the checkpoint and go barefoot through it. Think about the THOUSANDS of people a day who are going barefoot in an airport and I hope to God you wear regular shoes and socks the next time you travel. It's really gross.
    I know...I always wear socks when travelling...then again, I never wear flip flops unless I'm at the beach or pool
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    I could never figure out how anyone could wear any type of sandal or open shoe in the city, especially the subways. Totally gross!

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Oops. I pretty much wear 2 kinds of shoes... tactical boots and flip-flops. Yea, they are dirty but I have yet to put them in my mouth or cook with them. They pretty much hang out on the floor until I need them. I do wash them on occasion.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Thread Information