Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SPD
    SPD is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO

Tomorrow is going to suck

Going to Taser training in the morning. I will take the ride. The only reasons I'm doing it are that I am curious, and that I have let them hit me with every single LL weapon we have (because I was curious). But I am scared to death of electricity. Like an unreasonable fear. The only thing I can think of that I'm more afraid of is sharks.

If they every try to get me to carry a shark, I'm going to fucking quit.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Given all you've posted about how much pain you've experienced on the job, I don't think the taser pain could be much worse!

Good luck!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Be aware that tomorrow is April Fool's Day - watch out for pranks, too!!

Most importantly though, bring us a good story about your adventure.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Now that's a double whammy!

SPD
    SPD is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Aw - great. Never thought of that. FML!!

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    You've let them hit you with LL impact weapons like bean bags, etc??!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

SPD
    SPD is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    You've let them hit you with LL impact weapons like bean bags, etc??!
    Yup. Bean bags (far away, mind you), pepperball, stinger 12 ga rounds, 37mm rubber balls (skip-fire) - everything so far. Actually, the pepperball was the least pleasant of the impact rounds IMO. But I don't mind getting hit with stuff. I dislike OC and CS/CN - but I'm AFRAID of electricity. I don't know why.

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I took the ride. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I would much rather be tasered again the pepper sprayed again
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I feel you on the electricity thing. Growing up around electric fences and getting knocked unconscious on a different occasion will do that.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Most importantly though, bring us a good story about your adventure.
    I second that.

By the way when I had to fire a gun for the first time I made sure I used the bathroom first. Something to consider.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I took the ride. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I would much rather be tasered again the pepper sprayed again
    x2

Make no mistake, it sucks though
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post

Given all you've posted about how much pain you've experienced on the job, I don't think the taser pain could be much worse!

Good luck!

LOL, you always find the perfect cartoons and photos for the grand event! Now go find a photo of a cop carrying a shark in his holster

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD View Post
    Yup. Bean bags (far away, mind you), pepperball, stinger 12 ga rounds, 37mm rubber balls (skip-fire) - everything so far. Actually, the pepperball was the least pleasant of the impact rounds IMO. But I don't mind getting hit with stuff. I dislike OC and CS/CN - but I'm AFRAID of electricity. I don't know why.
    way to man up...ive been hit with all that shit too, except the taser. my dept wont tase us. if they would, id let them hit me with that too.

it should be noted, i was hit with all of those impact weapons and the cn/cs gas while on the CERT team in the DE state DOC. the only thing my current police dept has done to me is spray me with OC spray and CS gas me (both of which I also experienced on the CERT team several times). the OC was a voluntary direct hit while in the academy, where they were testing out new brands of spray to see which had the most desired effect. sabre red. it hit me in the face, then i opened my eyes counted to 10 while everyone cheered, and then the intstructor got pissed and sprayed me again, and that one put me out. only 10 out of 60 volunteered for the direct hit (all of whom i had to persuade to do it with me). the rest were in a room and the instructors sprayed the room, then they all had to stay in there for 30 seconds and then walk out. pussy's. the CS in the gas house was mandatory, and was experienced by everyone.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

APB Guest
    I've taken OC 3 times so far, all accidental (wrestling with suspect on ground, other guy reaches around to spray him but misses...), wasn't as bad as I thought but it still wasn't something I'd repeat by choice. I've talked to some of the local TASER instructors, who all have to take a hit to get certified, they say it's not a pleasant experience but doesn't really leave lasting effects other than some soreness for a bit.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    From my experience, I wouldn't classify a taser deployment as hurting.

It's uncomfortable, but it doesn't really "hurt". That's really your first reaction when asked to describe it. It's more like a discomfort from all of your muscles going tense at once.

That's just my take.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    LOL, you always find the perfect cartoons and photos for the grand event! Now go find a photo of a cop carrying a shark in his holster

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

With your luck I would wear a cup.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

4 Turns is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Now go find a photo of a cop carrying a shark in his holster
    Quick & dirty:

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Turns View Post
    Quick & dirty:

4 Turns is offline Rookie
    On second thought, I should have used the tail. You wouldn't want to grab it from the bitey end.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information