Results 1 to 10 of 10
05-03-10, 04:34 PM #1
Applied For A Position On A Police Dept
I recently applied for a Community Service Officer Position. I think this can serve as my stepping stone to becoming a Police Officer in the future.
Here is the details for the position
GENERAL PURPOSE. This position is responsible to perform a variety of field –work in support of basic police
operation and functions.
• Performs shift work in a rotation of days, evenings, and nights, including weekends and holidays.
• Performs a variety of routine technical, administrative work in support of law enforcement activities.
• Works under the close supervision of the shift Officer in Charge.
• Operates a motor vehicle to assist in carrying out the business of the department and the City.
• Performs front desk duties, including but not limited to receiving visitors to the Police Department, directing persons to the
appropriate office, answering and directing phone calls, taking walk-in reports on theft, criminal activities, relaying
messages to field police personnel via radio.
• Conduct Vehicle Identification Number verifications pursuant to Department of Motor Vehicles requirements.
• Enforce Parking regulations.
• Enforce animal regulations.
• Assists certified patrol officers in performing traffic control, such as, accident scene traffic control, special events control
and other similar situations.
• Assists officers in requesting and ensuring vehicle tows are completed at accident scenes and other arrest situation where
vehicle is involved.
• Writes reports on certain incidents such as lost or stolen property, found or recovered bicycles, or any other non-arrest type
• Serves subpoenas or other department paperwork; deliver court paperwork.
• Transport department vehicles.
• Perform excellent customer service skills, establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees,
officials and all members of the general public.
• Conduct child safety seat inspections.
• Perform data entry.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be eighteen years of age.
• Must successfully pass written, typing and psychological examinations, interview panel and background check conducted
by the department.
• After acceptance of conditional offer of employment applicant must pass physical examination by the Medical Board.
• Working knowledge of standard office equipment and Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work independently, and manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
• Ability to apply tact and discretion in working with the public.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective employee and public relations.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
______________________________ ______________________________ ______________
05-03-10, 04:40 PM #2
Good Luck !!SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM-Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"
"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
-General Omar Bradley, United States Army
05-03-10, 05:14 PM #3
Good luck to you!
05-03-10, 05:16 PM #4
Good luck..it will give you some insight...give you a better idea if police work is what you want to do. And a bit of experience in that area doesnt hurt.
05-03-10, 05:17 PM #5
I agree, good luck. Hopefully this will get you where you want to go.
Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:
"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway
The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com
05-03-10, 07:29 PM #6
Where in VT if you dont mind me asking.
Also Good Luck"An Unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Jeff Cooper
Some people are meant to be the police......Some people are meant to call the police!!!
"Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don't need it and hell where they already have it."
" I believe that forgiving them (Terrorist) is God's function. OUR job is to arrange the meeting."
General Norman Schwartzkopf
Not all Muslims are Terrorists, but all Terrorists are Muslim.
The statements posted by BigDawg DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, or procedures of the author's employing agency. These statements are the personal opinions of BigDawg only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the user name of BigDawg. The opinions expressed by BigDawg are protected by the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. BigDawg’s messages are intended to invoke thought and discussion among the "Officer Resources" forum community and may not necessarily reflect the opinion of the author. BigDawg’s posts and any attachments are intended for an adult audience (18+) and may contain strong language, sexual content, nudity, violence, and may be graphic in nature. Some material may be considered offensive; reader discretion is advised. Please note that many of BigDawg’s posts are intended for entertainment value only. BigDawg’s posts are not intended to be used where prohibited by law. Furthermore, BigDawg's posts, and any attachments, may contain information covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, and is confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner.
05-03-10, 10:33 PM #7
05-03-10, 11:51 PM #8
05-04-10, 02:06 AM #9
05-06-10, 12:29 AM #10
I guess I failed to fully fill out some portions of the background data. The recruiter is also out of the office until next week. hopefully I can get it straightened out.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)