Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

The Census Bureau is Harassing Me

So we get the census form in the mail. I object to filling out all the demographic crap on there. It's none of the fucking government's business. I put down how many people live here and send it in.

This past week someone comes to the door. My wife uses the intercom and answers. She tells them we sent the form in. "We have no record of it," she says. She tells her how many people live here and hangs up on her.

Tonight they call on the phone. My number is unlisted so they are using some kind of government voodoo to dig up records that aren't public.

I tell her on the phone we sent the form in. "We have no record of it." I reply, "Well I sent it in," and hung up on her.

What's next, soldiers with guns?

Really, it's not my problem you lose your paperwork. I know it's bullshit, they want all our ages and race etc. Fuck them.

We sent the form in with the number who live here and we told them again through the intercom when she was at the door.

Assholes.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    came by my work looking for addresses one of which was mine; she started in with what's your name, birthday etc. I promptly told her that the information she was asking for was NOT required and that I wasn't going to give it to her. She then told me that she didn't have to get it, but they "taught" her to ask for it...
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I wrote "4" in the right box and sent it in.

I'm sort of waiting for them to be able to find my house.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    Tonight they call on the phone. My number is unlisted so they are using some kind of government voodoo to dig up records that aren't public.
    Tax returns, credit reporting, E911 data.

There are a crapload of ways to find phone numbers.
    I'm your huckleberry...

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Never got a census form.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I just filled in how many people live here and our ages. So far they haven't got around to me.

Most of the census workers are just part-time temps, so all they know is what they're told to do.

I know a lady who did it last time - She said they even gave her a GPS device and made her write down the GPS coordinates of everyone's front door to prove she was at the house, because the supervisors didn't trust any of them and treated them like children.

She was taught a bare minimum or nothing about the law - All they told her was what to say and do under different circumstances. She had to just report the refusals to her supervisor, and then the supervisor did the arm-twisting, so if you get someone who's annoyingly persistant, they may very well be a supervisor.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

cinman1802000 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Had one actually show up at the PD yesterday...ststed she had been to my house several times, with no answer. Left a slip w/a phone number to call between 9a-9p. Against my better judgement, I did call...NO FREAKING ANSWER! I then called the regional office number listed & was told to simply keep trying, as the census taker was only doing as she had been instructed.

Interesting note: Years ago, my Dad completed a census form & listed the name of his cat on the form. "Teddy" started getting credit card offers & sweepstakes notices a short time later.
    "If everything is under control, you're just not going fast enough"---Mario Andretti

213th is offline Solipsist
    I put human for the race section on mine.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Had a worker come by house this last week. Older guy easily in his 70s. I offered to let him come inside as it was hot and literally thought he was going to fall out. He said he couldn't come in so I brought him a chair. I told him how many people lived in the home and he asked their race and I told him American. He stated that wasn't an option, so I told him Eskimo. "You're not really an Eskimo are you?" "The hell you say" I replied. Guy just starts laughing and marks the box. He tells me that he has to ask the questions and I just wink and smile. I told him we won the house in a Nigerian lottery when asked if we owned it out right. He was a nice guy and knew I was having fun. We actually talked for a bit and he was telling the that the supervisors in charge of his office were the most egomaniac morons he has ever been associated with. He thanked me for coming to the door, being nice, and giving him a laugh. He figured out I was in law enforcement and we talked about all the 911 hangup calls we have gotten from his office. The supervisors always get bent out of shape when we come into the back offices because no one is up front when you come in. These supervisors go nuts about us being in a "restricted area". His reply, "So you've met the know it all important people I told you about." He said a supervisor may come by afterwards and double check his work. I asked if he would like me to record that interaction and promised him it would be worth the trouble.

They are not all bad. Now if a "supervisor" comes by that will be a youtube video sensation when I'm done.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Funny as hell you posted this...I was just WOKEN UP by a census bureau lady knocking on my front door to ask me questions. I wasn't much help...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I just put in the number and sent it in. I didn't fill anything else out
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    They got my neighbor, but have not left me a note or come by yet.
    I'm your huckleberry...

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    They haven't come to my house yet. I didn't send back the form because I received two of them in the mail and I'm confused as to which one I need to fill out.

Of course maybe they think I'm affiliated with MOVE-ON or ACORN and they want me to answer twice.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I just put in the number and sent it in. I didn't fill anything else out
    Same here. I've anticipated the 20 seconds of interaction and planned out all my responses to be accurate and polite. So far nothing stuck to the door other than an UPS slip, and their new route schedule isn't making me any more jolly than usual.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    On the race part, I wote in warrior god. I figure they will be knocking on my door before too long.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    On the race part, I wote in warrior god. I figure they will be knocking on my door before too long.
    That rocks! You get the reputation point for that one!

Back when, I was in the Marines and got tasked with stamping out dogtags for the company. I was bored.

I think I still have few pair floating around where I stamped "Druid", "Godless" and "Barbarian" on the religion line. I never thought to continue that type of joke with a Census reply.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That is awesome 501, reps.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Reminds me of this: May the force be with you POLICE INSPECTOR BLOG

Cops in London reported "Jedi Knight" as their religion and the city had to provide services and accommodations etc. Urban legend, I don't know if it's true but funny as hell!
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I haven't been harassed yet and did pretty much what everyone else did. Numbers only.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    I put human for the race section on mine.
    I put European American
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information