Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries

O/R's BIG ANNOUNCEMENT 6-14-2010

OfficerResource.com is proud to announce that it is partnering with American Police Beat magazine, "the voice of the nation's law enforcement community," to bring our forums to a national audience of over 220,000 law enforcement professionals just like you and their families and friends.

For the past 17 years, APB has made it its mission to put on paper the topics on the minds of law enforcement throughout the U.S., and it has become the most respected source for information of concern to the community at large. It is a major fundraiser for the National Law Enforcement Museum, as well, which is breaking ground in October.

Through this partnership, O/R will dramatically expand its reach WITHOUT changing its mission or the personnel who run the site. APB will provide our web hosting space but will NOT intervene in how the forums are run on a daily basis. This includes the integrity of the Law Enforcement only section
    . Access to the verified forums is still controlled by O/R staff using the same process we always have, and users must be be verified as Law Enforcement officers. APB understands and respects the process of verifications and will not interfere in this process. Our verified sections of the site will remain "For Cops, By Cops."

So why did we do this? Through talks between myself and APB
    , we came to realize that our goals are the same: to provide a place for those doing the job to interact and exchange information on what really matters to them. The strength of our online community, coupled with our strict process for verifying LEO's and the sheer reach of APB will help both of us to create an even wider audience for that mission. Law enforcement officers, and our friends in the community, will be able to socialize and network where they know who they are dealing with.

Over the next week or so, we will be migrating the forums *as they are now* to a bigger server. I will continue to own and run them, and our staff will remain the same. Our standards for verification will NOT change. You may see an hour or two of downtime during the actual move, but none of your data will be lost.

Thank you for your ongoing commitment to O/R, and congratulations on being one of the founding members of our newly expanded community! We only go up from here.
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    That is AWESOME!!!! What a tremendous partnership and one that will cement our place as the premier law enforcement community!

*snicker* is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Holy Shit is this a joke.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by *snicker* View Post
    Holy Shit is this a joke.

Tis the real deal!
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

213th is offline Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Amazing! Thanks for the hard work you all did to make this happen and still do for this site on a daily basis. I never would have guessed this in a million years.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

101matt1 is offline Master Officer
    No WAY!!! That is awesome. You're doing all this and not while selling out?

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    So how will the new audience be reached? I subscribe to APB, and I'm a member here. Will the changes be obvious? I'm not being negative here, just trying to figure out exactly what has changed? The hosting is behind the scenes, so we won't notice that part.
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiGywer View Post
    So how will the new audience be reached? I subscribe to APB, and I'm a member here. Will the changes be obvious? I'm not being negative here, just trying to figure out exactly what has changed? The hosting is behind the scenes, so we won't notice that part.
    Kai you ask how the audience will be reached. We will now be featured in APB. all 220,000+ subscribers of APB will see us in the magazine.
    The beauty of all of this is that nothing else is changing. We are forming a partnership with APB. I will continue to own and run OfficerResource.com. We will be providing forums for APB . This partnership will only help O/R grow and truly become the premier Law Enforcement site on the web. I will be working closely with APB to make this work. Both APB and O/R share the same mission.

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I figured that we were merging with somebody. Good Work !!!

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Verified LEO
    This is insane. Never in a million years did I think the announcement was going to be this big. I was truly exspecting you to give something away like you have in the past. This just blows my mind.

Maybe will all the new members we get I will get someone who likes me.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    I figured that we were merging with somebody. Good Work !!!
    Thank you. We are very excited about this "partnership".

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    This is insane. Never in a million years did I think the announcement was going to be this big. I was truly exspecting you to give something away like you have in the past. This just blows my mind.

Maybe, start holding your breath now.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Announcement also posted to my Facebook status. Make it happen guys/gals.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

APB Guest
    Good morning. Yes, this is real, and will basically entail what Reca said. We will not intervene in who runs O/R or how it is run, but rather will help it to grow through promotion on our pages and our website. We will be providing a bigger server as well to help accomodate the new traffic. As far as the partnership goes, what Reca said is spot-on: we exist to do what our motto says, and be the voice of the nation's law enforcement community, and so does O/R. It's a natural fit that we should pair up in that effort.

We are not going to have any say in who becomes or remains "verified". I want to make that clear. The verified sections will continue to be populated only by those vetted through O/R's process. Our goal here is to help grow the community without altering it. That's not in anyone's best interest, and would be disrespectful on our part.

As those of you who read us know, we are not in anyone's pocket either. That means that our presence here doesn't mean any kind of "corporate" takeover. I have personally been working in the field for over ten years, and the sanctity of the brother- and sisterhood is of paramount importance to me. Given that we reach so far out into the community, we are in a unique position to help spread the word and help that unity grow online as well as on our pages.

To reiterate: we are a growth partnership, and the staff and owner remain the same. APB will not interfere with operations here. We think this is a great place, and are about to start an effort to let the entire US law enforcement community know about it. Thank you.

Greg Bogosian
    Project Manager
    American Police Beat

Verified LEO
    I still find this hard to believe.

Craiger is offline Rookie
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Very good news and great work!
    Number one rule is hope for the best, plan for the worst.

IN GOD WE TRUST! EVERYONE ELSE,WE MONITOR...

krauty is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Good work!

101matt1 is offline Master Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by APB View Post
    Good morning. Yes, this is real, and will basically entail what Reca said. We will not intervene in who runs O/R or how it is run, but rather will help it to grow through promotion on our pages and our website. We will be providing a bigger server as well to help accomodate the new traffic. As far as the partnership goes, what Reca said is spot-on: we exist to do what our motto says, and be the voice of the nation's law enforcement community, and so does O/R. It's a natural fit that we should pair up in that effort.

We are not going to have any say in who becomes or remains "verified". I want to make that clear. The verified sections will continue to be populated only by those vetted through O/R's process. Our goal here is to help grow the community without altering it. That's not in anyone's best interest, and would be disrespectful on our part.

As those of you who read us know, we are not in anyone's pocket either. That means that our presence here doesn't mean any kind of "corporate" takeover. I have personally been working in the field for over ten years, and the sanctity of the brother- and sisterhood is of paramount importance to me. Given that we reach so far out into the community, we are in a unique position to help spread the word and help that unity grow online as well as on our pages.

To reiterate: we are a growth partnership, and the staff and owner remain the same. APB will not interfere with operations here. We think this is a great place, and are about to start an effort to let the entire US law enforcement community know about it. Thank you.

Greg Bogosian
    Project Manager
    American Police Beat
    Mr. Bogosian,

Thanks for your input. I'm in awe at what the staff of both outlets have put together here. This is unlike anything I've seen in the LE community. Other sites have gone the route of making money, without much sight of the mission. I tip my hat to both O/R and APB for making this happen!

cajunguy is online now I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO

And then again - - - - - - - - - maybe NOT!

(Jus' kiddin'.)

<Edit to add>
    My favorite LE forum AND my favorite LE publication - - - TOGETHER. Who could ask for anything more!!

Hot DANG!! Life is good.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Whoo hoo!! This is awesome news indeed! I am glad the cat is out of the bag. This is an incredible partnership and can only be beneficial all the way around.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information