Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries

O/R Wants to know

We do a feature in our LEO section of the site where we ask questions to get the view points of LEO's. I would like to try in the general topics area to see where it goes.

O/R wants to know: what does O/R mean to you?
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would like to see the questions in both to see how they compare. LEO's to public's opinion that is.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    What does OR mean to me? I would say it's a community in which I can discuss anything and then some with people from all over the country (and world) with viewpoints and attitudes similar to those of my own.

If I totally missed the question, I'll just blame it on being a foreigner
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    OR has come to mean to me as a place that I can hang out with friends. After losing a friend to a LODD (EOW) and having problems coping with that, I thought "Who better than to help me along the way than the very people that did this type of job and knew the sacrifices." I had joined a few other LE forums in the past. With the exception of Buttercup and a few others that I have interacted with online over the years, I've never really quite felt that feeling of friendship. Not like it is exhibited or extended here.

I have had other positive actions with LE in person over the years so I knew it was possible to find it online. I just had to find the right place.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    O/R to me is like hanging out in the squad room before and after a shift. There is good natured ribbing, jokes, serious conversations about the job or family life, and just plain camraderie. The civilians here sometimes offer insight or opinions that we don't see or realize. It's also a good place for to rant or bitch about most anything.

I've met a lot of good people and friends here. It seems odd that I don't even know some of their real names but they still seem like close friends or family.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Although it's for cops, O/R is also very welcoming to those of us who are not in LE but who support LE. To paraphrase what Kai said, it's a place to discuss anything with people who have similar viewpoints and also with those who have very different viewpoints. I always learn something here. O/R is not just an internet site, it's a community where the members truly support one another. We're a family.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    To me, O/R is like going to my favorite hangout where all my friends are. A LOT of people on here have helped me through some of the hardest times in my life, holding my metaphorical hand and helping me keep a grip on my sanity when the rest of my world was crumbling underneath me. In some cases we've exchanged Christmas and birthday gifts and hours long phone calls when the thing we needed most was a friendly voice to share either good news or life's upsets. What can you say about a site where you post something while under the influence that makes people hit the panic button, and what happens is that your phone and email explode with worried friends? Not only that, but the post gets pulled from general view till the mods can confirm whether or not you actually WANT said post seen by the light of a cold, sober day? To me it sounds like a place where friends watch out for each other. A place where I want to be.

\\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    O/R means more to me than I ever imagined it could. I came for insights about the nature of life, the universe, and everything that I could not learn elsewhere, and stayed for the friendships. O/R is totally awesome!

Aegis is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    O/R to me is a place I can come to get some perspective on my problems by reading about what other officers have to deal with.

It's also a place I can vent about anything without fear that my agency will know about it.

I'm in a position that keeps me from discussing some job stuff with anybody else, including officers sometimes. O/R allows me to get things off my chest so I don't explode.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    After being on here for a few years, and being able to meet some of the folks, both LEO's and "civilian", I can truly say that there is something here for all of us.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    O/R to me is like hanging out in the squad room before and after a shift. There is good natured ribbing, jokes, serious conversations about the job or family life, and just plain camraderie. The civilians here sometimes offer insight or opinions that we don't see or realize. It's also a good place for to rant or bitch about most anything.

I've met a lot of good people and friends here. It seems odd that I don't even know some of their real names but they still seem like close friends or family.
    +1000000000

All I would add is that as a LEO, the verified section is at times the daily training and reminders I might not get at work on a daily basis...tactical reminders, safety, investigative leads/ideas, and the allowance of frustration or triumphs that no one but another cop would understand.

This place is the brotherhood that at times seems lost..
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    That's because you are going senile. Jed.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    That's because you are going senile. Jed.
    HA! What's up Troj? I haven't been called that in FOREVER!
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    HA! What's up Troj? I haven't been called that in FOREVER!
    That you can remember.......
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    That you can remember.......
    That's what? A week?
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Remember what??

Thread Information