Welcome to the APBWeb.
    ms1600 is offline Neither here nor there

Government bureaucracy

It never fails to amaze me.

I had to attend some Oil/Gas Drilling safety training at the Federal Building in downtown Anchorage. So, I parked my POV in one of the pay lots and put in $10 cash. It's one of those ones where you just put the money in the paybox of the # where you parked. No receipts. So I took a picture of the paybox, my truck, and the stall # with my phone and turn it for reimbursement.

Reimbursement denied because I didn't get a receipt.

If I had been in travel status (say gone to training in Fairbanks) or used my State credit card to pay at credit card pay lot, I wouldn't need to submit the receipt (we only need to submit receipts for charges of $25 or more).

I should have gone to the office, taken a g-ride, and just parked it at a meter all day.

It's not that I need the money, it's the principle.
    Last edited by ms1600; 06-18-10 at 04:28 PM. Reason: I can't spell receipt.
    Verified Libra- There sure are a lot of people born in August around here.

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes he gets you.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You want nuts, come to the Gulf.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information