Welcome to the APBWeb.
    moggsp98 is offline Press HARD, 5 copies
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Writting to you from San Pedro Sula, Honduras!

Hey all!

I am currently on a church mission trip in San Pedro Sula, Honduras! I have done these trips in the past but never out of the country. It is very HOT here, mid 90īs with 90% humidity! Had an awsome storm today that cooled things down nicely. If you havenīt been to a country like this, I reccomend that you try it sometime! I donīt understand how people can live in abject poverty but always have a smile on thier faces! They are so helpfull and just want to be with us.

Most stores have armed guards standing around them, Coke and Pepsi are the largest advertisers here, (there is even a coka cola sign on the hillside that resembles the hollywood sign).

Today was a celebration for "Day of the Tortilla", (I kid you not!) that had most of the city shut down. Traffic signals and signs are merely a suggestion. We were on a three lane road that had cars and trucks five wide doing 60+! Talk about crazy!

Anyway, we are shareing the internet here so I will write more later
    Any day above ground is a fine day indeed!

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE PIGEON, SOME DAYS YOU ARE THE STATUE

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Wow, sounds fun! Father's Day is also Day of theTortilla? I guess we know what gift to give to fathers today! Happy Day of the Tortilla!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good for you moggs. Haven't been to Central or South America but I share the weather with them right now.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    I wasnear San Pedro Sula on a mission once (El Paraiso was the name of the village I went to). I remember the guards with AKs at the gas stations....be careful down there. I hear it's muich more dangerous than it was 15 years ago........
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Have a good and safe trip, moggs!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Watch out for Mara Salvatrucha. (MS-13) Even though they may have originated or recruit from out of El Salvador, they are probably rampant down there from deporting issues. They may have spread to Honduras.

Be Safe.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Good for you moggs. Haven't been to Central or South America but I share the weather with them right now.
    That sounds like Louisiana weather too, except for the cooling off part. Nothing like a little Louisiana shower on a hot day, to make it 90 degrees and 100% humidity with steam coming off the road.

I'm sure those people appreciate the help, Moggs! Not many people would do something great like that, including me.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Finally able to get back online. Weather here hasbeen good but hot. People are great. Not much in the way of visible crime here although most houses are actually walled compounds. I did find out that the worst job to have is the door gaurd at a bank. Thw mo is to drive up, shoot the door gaurd and the rest give up!

Not much in the way of gang activity (visible anyway). The only graffiti is left over from the coup last year. Traffic is crazy! but very few crashes.

Anyway, a line is forming to use the computer. It has been down all week. Roatan Island tomorrow for three days of beach!

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Well three days on Roatan Island is turning into at least 4. It seems a little Tropical Storm has decided to form directly over this little chunk of beach and they have cancelled all ferries to the mainland. Maybe tomorrow!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Hope you weather the storm OK!

Thread Information