Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries

SCAM ALERT READ ASAP

IF YOU GET AN EMAIL THAT LOOKS LIKE IT IS FROM OFFICERRESOURCE.COM DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK. It appears that we are getting the same type of emails that you see with banks, paypal, ebay where they want you to click a link to fix something in your account. THIS IS NOT FROM O/R OR APBWEB.COM

Here is a copy of the email. ALSO if you get this email please post to let me know.

New secret questions were added to your link has been removed account.

To ensure that your account information remains accurate and secure we notify you whenever this information changes.

This change request was made on Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:07:53 -0600

If the changes described above are accurate, no further action is needed. If anything doesn't look right, follow the link below to
    make changes:

LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED
    Regards,
    officerresource.com Account Services
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Thanks for the heads up!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    Thanks, with the changes going on this could be an issue...
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

APB Guest
    Rest assured we are right on top of it. Does not appear to be widespread or even really that big a problem at this point, but we figured it's better to give people a heads up.

Whitepaw is offline Student of Life
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Got the e-mail. Thank you sir.
    "God Bless America"

"I have no words of wisdom, therefore I listen..."

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Thanks for catching this quickly and letting us know. Consider it a compliment--you know you're in the big leagues when scammers start using your good name as bait.

Lucky Seven is offline Realllly?!
    Verified LEO
    So, how would they have gotten member's email information to send the spam to members?

If they hacked the website, what information were they able to obtain?
    Job description as told by an Old Timer: "...drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

APB Guest
    The website was not hacked. This appears to be an isolated incident where only one person received the email above, and that person was using an officerresource.com email address.

At this point, we can chalk it up to random coincidence that this happened... the spam email could have come from any spammer who happened to pick up the above email address and is in all likelihood NOT related to anything to do with the forums here.

Again, nobody's personal information was compromised at all from everything we have checked, and we've been thorough.

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    This could of been from a number of things. I use that email account to sign up on a lot of sites for O/R. From the looks of things I was the only one that got that email. This is good news for everyone else. We just wanted to upfront and honest in case anyone else got the email. We are currently tracking down the source of the email.
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Good to know, fellas.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Thanks for the heads-up!!

Thread Information