The Wisconsin State Patrol lost a member last year, Trooper Jorge Dimas (Trooper Jorge Ronald Dimas, Wisconsin State Patrol). The Wisconsin Troopers' Association paid for all expenses to send Trooper Dimas' family and six officers to the Washington D.C. May 2010 ceremonies.

According to their site, "the financial situation of the WTA has been negatively impacted by the economy," but they are determined to build their funds back up to help families of Fallen Heroes and help "offset costs of sending offical agency representatives to state law enforcement funerals throughout the midwest, and establish memorial scholarships."

They have started the Fallen Heroes Fund 2010 and also a Fallen Heroes Raffle and hope to raise these much needed monies. If anyone would like to donate to this fund or if they would like more information about these events they can be found on their site, Wisconsin Troopers' Association and on their FB site Wisconsin Troopers' Association | Facebook.

As a civilian I don't have contact with the State Patrol so I was thrilled when I stumbled onto their site and found a way to help and show appreciation for their efforts. I hope they are able to reach their goals and I hope they never have to dip into the fund again.