Welcome to the APBWeb.

Dissertation Help :)

Dear Sir/Madame;

My name is Shiva Amin and I am a fourth year Clinical-Forensic Ph D student. I am in the process of collecting data for my dissertation paper, which is aimed at investigating factors that increase or decrease current levels of job stress in law enforcement officers. If you are a patrol officer, who is currently employed (part time or full time) your anonymous participation in this study would be much appreciated. The study will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. If you do wish to participate, please click on the link below.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact my supervisor (contact information on the first page of the survey) or myself at shivaamin@alliant.edu.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Shiva Amin
    Last edited by Five-0; 09-07-10 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Link removed pending site owner's approval

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I suggest going to the agencies local to you. They will most likely want some information from you before taking part in your survey. That is how my agency handles such requests. Then the survey is given out at roll call where those that wish to take part can and they can know about the person/institution doing the study.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    In addition to what Five-0 said, you have no idea if the people clicking on that link are actually police officers. Anyone who stumbles upon officerresource.com can click on that link and purport themselves as a police officer, thus, ruining your survey.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    In addition to what Five-0 said, you have no idea if the people clicking on that link are actually police officers. Anyone who stumbles upon officerresource.com can click on that link and purport themselves as a police officer, thus, ruining your survey.
    BIG +1
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

I completely agree with you. I am hoping that people won't do that given the survey is intended for police officers only

Hi Five-0, I actually volunteer at my local police department and have given out surveys to police officers there. However, I was hoping to get officers from various departments as participants for my study since crime rates (and other important variables) differ from city to city and state to state, which may have an effect on the results of the study. That's why I was hoping to recruit officers from these forums Thank you for your advice though. I appreciate it.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    In that case I recommend you contacting individual departments (larger ones) and explaining that to them. Be prepared to provide them information on you, your academic needs (a thesis statement on your project if you will), and information on your institution. If you make a professional application for the information you are wanting I am willing to bet you will get a professional response. The key will be making contact with the right person at each individual agency.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information