Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Interceptor is offline Rifleman
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Crown Vic Wiring Diagram

Is there anyone who works on Crown Vics or otherwise has the wiring diagrams for the Police accessory harnesses? I have a harness which I believe is out of a 2003. This is a stand-alone harness which runs from the engine compartment to the trunk. There is a fuse/relay block which sits behind the glove box and one in the trunk. I can not find this listed in the regular EVTM/Wiring Diagram Book. I build cars for drag racing and I am working on a 1991 P72 which I plan to run in the Southern Super Heavy Shootout as well as some of the All Ford Events. I want to hide all of my go-fast electronics so the car looks much closer to stock than it actually is.

spcwes is offline Wookie!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
    Is there anyone who works on Crown Vics or otherwise has the wiring diagrams for the Police accessory harnesses? I have a harness which I believe is out of a 2003. This is a stand-alone harness which runs from the engine compartment to the trunk. There is a fuse/relay block which sits behind the glove box and one in the trunk. I can not find this listed in the regular EVTM/Wiring Diagram Book. I build cars for drag racing and I am working on a 1991 P72 which I plan to run in the Southern Super Heavy Shootout as well as some of the All Ford Events. I want to hide all of my go-fast electronics so the car looks much closer to stock than it actually is.
    I have a buddy thats in bed from a late shift last night let me see what he knows. He is a lighting freak to say the very least. (like a certifiable gun nut but with police lights)
    STOP RESISTING!!!!

For he is God's servant to do you good, but if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

The opinions expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions of my Agency or my Agency Heads.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We have a couple 2003 crown vics left that have those wiring harnesses you are talking about. I don't know if we have any diagrams for it. Have you tried doing a google search for "police interceptor" instead of crown victoria? Might be able to find it online that way.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    We have a couple 2003 crown vics left that have those wiring harnesses you are talking about. I don't know if we have any diagrams for it. Have you tried doing a google search for "police interceptor" instead of crown victoria? Might be able to find it online that way.
    I have spent hours on line researching these things trying every combination of Interceptor, Police, Crown Victoria, Wiring, Harness, etc..... What I have found is that there were a couple of different styles depending on who did the install. Ford made life easier as the decade went on and integrated the harnesses and fuse/relay boxes. The style I have is the "small" box which was placed in the glove box and a small trunk control box also. A company called Crown North America supplied these as far as I can tell and may have done some installs.
    This is what the glove box power center looks like http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/6...x-fuse-box.jpg
    This is what the trunk power center looks like... http://i.ebayimg.com/12/!Bqz3r!!BGk~...wOHsg~~_35.JPG
    I have looked at the Ford installation guides posted various places on the net but nothing looks exactly like this harness and these junction boxes. Worst case scenerio is I have to create my own diagrams which will take much more time and effort than it should.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by spcwes View Post
    I have a buddy thats in bed from a late shift last night let me see what he knows. He is a lighting freak to say the very least. (like a certifiable gun nut but with police lights)
    Cool. I can use all of the info I can get on this project...
    I figured all I had to do was order the Ford wiring diagram book, but when it arrived, it did not include this harness.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I think I have what I need for now. I sat down and did it the hard way, drawing my own diagram of the 2 fuse/relay boxes. I was able to take my drawing and match it with one of the intall guides. The wire colors are different but the layout is the same. It would have been much more difficult had I not spent the time illustrating mine.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That looks like the wiring harnesses that are in my current issued 2007 CVPI. The 2003 have one that sits on the passenger side of the transmission hump.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Thread Information