Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Well, I tried..

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Well, I tried..

I tried to recruit the nice officer who pulled me over today. He didn't even know any forums existed online for police officers, so it's a coin toss on wether or not he'll check it out. But hey, I DID try.

(He was very nice, and a trip to the DMV got me squared away.)
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Good work!

FishTail Guest
    Mmm...we really need some business cards

Daynathepayna is offline bad to the bone
    Yikes, I'd never have the nerve to do that. Actually , I have never been pulled over. I think I would be too nervous to do anything but find my license and registration. I wonder what percentage of cops know that there are online cop forums.

Falcata is offline UK police officer
    Pehaps the http// address of the forum on any signature bars you have on other forums.?
    'The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil,
    but because of those who look on and do nothing.'

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Danya... you come on here and talk to cops. Why be nervous? You know most of them are good guys, so no worries! He was a nice guy and actually helped me out with something I'd been unsure of how to handle. I decided since he's been so nice to me, I'd return the favor by directing him here. I *think* he appreciated it, but he may have been humoring me. LOL He's also one of the guys who patrols my neighborhood, and it's never a bad idea to be known as one of the good guys, especially in an area like mine.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTail
    Mmm...we really need some business cards
    http://defendourfreedom.com/files/LEFcardsblank.doc

Daynathepayna is offline bad to the bone
    Well ya never know. He might just show up here. tis true, most cops are good people just like everyone else. Such as that real hot one who sets up radar at the end of my block where I go running once in a while and he will sometimes look up and smile as I run by.... sorry I'm daydreaming again.

Bosco3379 is offline I'm the one in the middle
    I made a post about this forum on another forum im at, I hope some members will come over
    Former member of the LNC

Will take verbal abuse for spare change

Some Of My Wicked Awesome Signature Banners

Operator13 is offline Just Another Voice
    Quote Originally Posted by Daynathepayna
    Yikes, I'd never have the nerve to do that.
    I'm with you on that one. "Thanks, I really appreciate the warning. By the way have you ever been to lawenforcementforums.com" LOL

TD -> How did you even bring it up?

On a side note -> My local PD (West Shore Regional) has some really sharp graphics on their vehicles. I'd love to stop & get a pic of one of the cars but I don't want to be seen standing out front of the Station taking pics of the cars.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Daynathepayna
    Well ya never know. He might just show up here. tis true, most cops are good people just like everyone else. Such as that real hot one who sets up radar at the end of my block where I go running once in a while and he will sometimes look up and smile as I run by.... sorry I'm daydreaming again.
    The hot one............yeah thats me!
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Operator13
    I'm with you on that one. "Thanks, I really appreciate the warning. By the way have you ever been to lawenforcementforums.com" LOL

TD -> How did you even bring it up?
    I'm one of those people who could start a conversation with a statue. And for the record, it was more like a $150 ticket, but as I immediately got the problem fixed, he was happy to drop it. I got the distinct feeling that he didn't want to write me to begin with, anyway. After getting taking care of the legal stuff, we just chatted for a moment and I invited him to come here.

For his part, it could be said that I'm not exactly standard fare for my area. I have all my teeth and I'm not hideous. So maybe he was just giving his eyes a break, I don't know. LOL

On a side note -> My local PD (West Shore Regional) has some really sharp graphics on their vehicles. I'd love to stop & get a pic of one of the cars but I don't want to be seen standing out front of the Station taking pics of the cars.
    Maybe stop into the station and ask if you can take a pic? You may even be able to pull up one from the local newspaper or TV station website.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)

jcsgrl is offline Banned
    Why not? I've done that before. When they got impalas, they were swapping the old cars once they needed to be replaced for the new impalas. Well, they had 3 blue impalas and 5 blue crown vics, and eventually they have 7 white impalas and 1 blue one (my buddy S being the one that drove that one), and I wanted a pic of the blue one, so I stood there and took a picture, plus have a picture on my phone as well.
    Of course I know some of the officers as well, so they may not be as bothered if they see me taking a picture than some random person.

Operator13 is offline Just Another Voice
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsgrl
    Why not? I've done that before. When they got impalas, they were swapping the old cars once they needed to be replaced for the new impalas. Well, they had 3 blue impalas and 5 blue crown vics, and eventually they have 7 white impalas and 1 blue one (my buddy S being the one that drove that one), and I wanted a pic of the blue one, so I stood there and took a picture, plus have a picture on my phone as well.
    Of course I know some of the officers as well, so they may not be as bothered if they see me taking a picture than some random person.
    I pass by the station every day on the way home from work.

I just don't know anyone personally from the department.

They do have a Web site. Maybe I'll drop a line asking if they'd mind or telling them to disregard the Domestic Security Threat I KNOW one of the neighbors would call in.

I did find a small pic on the 'net but you can't see the detail in the graphics.

"West Shore Regional, a Capitol reflection"

jcsgrl is offline Banned
    I go by our PD every day too, it's nicely there where my bus stops.
    And I'm stubborn, if I want a picture I take one. I have so many pictures of nice bikes I've seen while out in my phone, wish I had internet so I could do something with them.

Thread Information