Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: bored....

kdm0409 is offline ^ Female Deputy

bored....

I am so freakin bored. We have the Teranova/ TCAP testing going on this week at the school. So for the first part of the day it is quiet. Now, I am dreading this afternoon b/c they go wild after testing all morning. This week is basically going to be a play week for the kids! Which means a tough week for me b/c they can't control themselves at all. 26 days of school left!!!
    It is better to be tried by 12, than carried by 6.
    ______________________________ __________
    An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
    In vino veritas!

FishTail Guest
    What happens in school vacations? Do you hit the road?

Well, for me this year, I have to work the road most the time. I was out in November for surgery and I had to use some comp time. I am going on a trip for a week during the summer, but am using leave for that. So, I will be working most the summer. For some reason we are starting school back earlier this year and going to be getting out earlier next year. Depending on the election for Sheriff I may not be here next year lol. Who knows!
    An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break.
    In vino veritas!

FishTail Guest
    I try to stay away from schools as much as possible. One kiddie calling another kiddie names is not my idea of a crime.

Well, it's not mine either. I have had kids beat each other over the head with chairs and knock others into the lockers during fights. I have had a few bring knives to school in order to "put someone in their place". Another school in my county kids plotted to kill a teacher and a student and brought a gun to school. They are no longer in school, one is in juvy still and the other is in state custody. 13 and 15 yrs old.

so it's not just calling each other names.
    In vino veritas!

FishTail Guest
    Ah, well, you see, we police officers here have abandoned "proper" crimes like robbery and burglary. Too hard to solve apparently. No, we prefer to prosecute ten year old kids for calling other kids racist names in school. Much easier to solve, and since it's a hate crime we get to look all politically correct too.

Can you tell I'm fed up with it yet?

Oh, I understand and I hate that kind of crap too. Thats why I pass that kind of stuff on to the School Administration and let them deal with the parents and I assist the parents into getting in touch with Juvenile Services. I would rather do the other stuff!
    In vino veritas!

FishTail Guest
    Still, I'm away from all that rubbish now...dark suits and air-conditioned offices

Air Conditioned?? (cough Bullshit cough!)

My office is about as big as a closet and is as hot as hell year round!!! I still love to work patrol and get my share of it too. We do have one SRO that hates working anywhere but her school. She will bitch, complain, whine, whatever you want to call it if she has to work anything but her school!

We are Deputy Sherrif's 1st and SRO's 2nd! lol
    In vino veritas!

FishTail Guest
    I like that attitute...there's nothing like working the street. Unfortunately, I don't get to do it very often these days...I work out of an office chasing paper.

I would much rather be outside working the street than working in here, but it is fun working here sometimes. I like coaching soccer and going to some of the other sporting events, but I still like working patrol better than anything.

I really have no desire to ever be in an administration rank, I'd rather be just on patrol.
    In vino veritas!

FishTail Guest
    He he...I'm not admin thankfully. Just financial investigations now.

boring lol.. Just kidding. I worked as a Security Coordinator at a major company for a while.. It wasn't for me. Too much desk work
    In vino veritas!

Well, I had to say something about being bored. I had 2 kids bring knives to school and make threats. So they went to juvy, parents weren't happy, admin at the school wasn't happy with me. OH WELL! Tough shit I did my job hope everyone else had such a great day!
    In vino veritas!

jcsgrl is offline Banned
    What is wrong with kids these days? We never had any problems with violence and that stuff until my freshman year of HS, 1998, I'm sure I don't have to remind you what happened that year. But, we had 4 bomb threats that spring, but I never feared for my life.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    I don't mind kids. Most of the time, it's their parents that make me want to climb the clock tower. "That kid hit my baby!" "Well Ma'am, they are kids and they do fight. Tell your kid to grow a pair and go beat his ass on the playground another day."

Now TEENAGERS (I'm 20 I feel wierd saying that) I have little to no patience for. They are way too damn dramatic and have gotten way too damn violent and disrespectful.

I deal with teenagers at my school.. They are 6h-8th graders, but range in age from 11-17.(Yeah I know 17 and at a middle school, try 16 and in the 6th grade! ) They are too violent over little shit too. I guess I could understand if there was a little more to their fights, but they are usually because, they called me a name or they looked at me wrong.. Geez, get over it!
    In vino veritas!

jcsgrl is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kdm0409
    I They are too violent over little shit too. I guess I could understand if there was a little more to their fights, but they are usually because, they called me a name or they looked at me wrong.. Geez, get over it!
    I get that I got beat up in elementary school by some guy for some reason, I didn't know what it was at the time I still don't. But come on people, you're gonna have much tougher things to deal with later in life, you gonna beat people up then too? You'll get real far in life if you do that.
    Aren't kids supposed to be resilient? I have a tough shell (sometimes) for some people, no one makes me cry, no one gets me upset (in the physical world) and I can very much guarantee if a person gets that far to get me upset I will rage a full on war, but it takes a while for that to happen (unless I'm just getting done with someone/place that just did it to me)

lcsodre108 is offline DUI Persecutor
    There is no way i could be an SRO. I went to college to be a kindergarten teacher, and decided I was safer out here on patrol, then in a school. I love kids, up to about 12, then the seem intent on testing my sanity.
    www.alliedoddballs.com
    I can't do this test when I am sober!

Respect My AUTHORITAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information