Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ls1ssws6 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

Im benched for a few weeks...

So sunday i had a basketball game and was trying to save a ball, i ended up having to jump over 2 folding chairs and landed watching my ankle turning in, instant pain, the worst i probably have ever experienced. Played the final 10 minutes of the game hobbling, cause we only had 5 players.

So i get home, take my sneaker off and instantly it blew up. So i went to the hospital they said they were surprised it wasnt broken. So i followed up today with an ankle and foot surgeon who said i torn 2 ligaments and he put a cast on me that has to stay for 2 weeks.

So i will be sidelined for a while. The bad, i wont be able to be a street cop for a little while, we lost the game, i cant drive. The good....hmmmm well i did save the ball

Everyone out there stay safe

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Ouch!! Hang in there and get better!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Hope you heal up soon! Hope the ball is grateful for you saving it.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I hope it heals quickly!

At least you saved the ball.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ouch!! Get well soon brother.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    thanks everyone. I guess i have a life fit for saving not only people but basketballs too

Forgot to mention another bad part is that this sunday is our last game then the playoffs start the following sunday, so it doesnt look like ill be playing in either, hopefully we go deep in the playoffs and i can play but who knows

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    well that sure sucks!!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    well that sure sucks!!
    your tellin me. I have to burn sick time and on top of that i am a very active cop/person in general so this is gonna suck that much more

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    making me think twice. We are thinking about setting up some basketball for police in our area.
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    making me think twice. We are thinking about setting up some basketball for police in our area.
    haha well its a great idea. I just play 150% all the time, really me saving that ball didnt change the outcome of the game at all cause we still lost by 20 points (we only had 4 players the first 35 minutes of the game, were still 3rd ranked lol) but i just am very competitive. Oh well you live and learn, though id probably do it again

Get that league together and have some good SAFE fun haha

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ls1ssws6 View Post
    I just play 150% all the time, really me saving that ball didnt change the outcome of the game at all cause we still lost by 20 points (we only had 4 players the first 35 minutes of the game, were still 3rd ranked lol) but i just am very competitive. Oh well you live and learn, though id probably do it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    We are thinking about setting up some basketball for police in our area.

Don't do it! A lot of LEOs are likely to put 150% into playing. And what happens when 10 people each put 150% into playing? You get 1500%! You might even injure your fingers and not be able to post on O/R!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Don't do it! A lot of LEOs are likely to put 150% into playing. And what happens when 10 people each put 150% into playing? You get 1500%! You might even injure your fingers and not be able to post on O/R!
    haha i almost injured my fingers doing the math on that one!

the police department will wonder why 45% of officers are on injury status lol

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Get well soon brother! I definitely can feel your pain. Lucky for me, I broke my left ankle, so I was able to drive after getting my walking cast on (I couldn't fit comfortably in the driver seat with my first cast). However, you should be able to learn how to use the left foot for gas/brake
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    Get well soon brother! I definitely can feel your pain. Lucky for me, I broke my left ankle, so I was able to drive after getting my walking cast on (I couldn't fit comfortably in the driver seat with my first cast). However, you should be able to learn how to use the left foot for gas/brake
    The doctor stressed this is NOT a walking cast lol. My left hip hurts so bad from all my weight on it. Also my explorers reverse took a crap so im stuck with my vw golf that is a 5 speed so that doesnt work for me at all.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    The doctor stressed this is NOT a walking cast lol. My left hip hurts so bad from all my weight on it. Also my explorers reverse took a crap so im stuck with my vw golf that is a 5 speed so that doesnt work for me at all.
    Gitch yo ass a bus pass!

Seriously though, I hope you heal fast! Your ankle will be STIFF when they take the cast off
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    Gitch yo ass a bus pass!

Seriously though, I hope you heal fast! Your ankle will be STIFF when they take the cast off
    philly bus pass = police badge

i have been trying to bring my toes up more and more each day cause the first 2 i could barely lift them. dont know if its a good or bad thing im doing this. i just want to get back to 100% so i can keep my perfect record of chasin bad guys at 100%

i am going crazy inside though. i have been doing the same things over and over each day. wake up, watch a little tv, play xbox, watch tv etc etc then go back to sleep. I need to find something to occupy myself. We got about 16'' of snow and i was pissed i couldnt even shovel! thats how bad im going cabin crazy

Verified LEO
    well update....i got the cast off today THANK GOD! They gave me a walking air cast i can put on and off but honestly it hurts more when i use it. So i have been walking with nothing on. It feels like my leg is shorter than the other lol
    Still a little swollen and feels VERY tight, but it doesnt hurt too bad to walk. I have been bending it and wiggling it to try to get full ROM back. Doc wants me to go to therapy 2-3 times a week for a month which sucks but i want to get to 100% so ill do whatever it takes.
    It was funny when he cut the cast off he was like "Looks like Eric has been scratching" lol it looked like a mouse made a home in the gauze on my leg hah.
    Anyway i got the first shower ive had in 2 weeks and i felt GREAt.
    Ok im done rambling im just glad to be able to have that damn thing off...Doc told me i wont be "chasing any bad guys for a month" but i hopefully itll be sooner

Ok im really done....bye lol...everyone stay safe

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Was it the worst smell in the world when it came off? Mine smelled terrible when they cut it off.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    well update....i got the cast off today THANK GOD! They gave me a walking air cast i can put on and off but honestly it hurts more when i use it. So i have been walking with nothing on. It feels like my leg is shorter than the other lol
    Still a little swollen and feels VERY tight, but it doesnt hurt too bad to walk. I have been bending it and wiggling it to try to get full ROM back. Doc wants me to go to therapy 2-3 times a week for a month which sucks but i want to get to 100% so ill do whatever it takes.
    It was funny when he cut the cast off he was like "Looks like Eric has been scratching" lol it looked like a mouse made a home in the gauze on my leg hah.
    Anyway i got the first shower ive had in 2 weeks and i felt GREAt.
    Ok im done rambling im just glad to be able to have that damn thing off...Doc told me i wont be "chasing any bad guys for a month" but i hopefully itll be sooner

Ok im really done....bye lol...everyone stay safe
    Glad you finally got the cast off. Hope you get back to 100% soon, so that you can play some more scary basketball! :sheep:

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Alpha males + competitive sports = injury.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information