Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Southland

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Southland

Did the ending shock you on the last episode? I have to admit that it took me by suprise. I knew someone was going to die, I just didn't expect who.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Of all the episodes I've enjoyed, I can't say I've yelled at the tv nearly as much as I did last night. I was into that one.

Heck, my wife usually rolls her eyes when its on, and even she was glued to it. I love that show more every time.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My wife thought the FTO was a dick. Called the guy running on the traffic stop though. She fell asleep before the end.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    My wife thought the FTO was a dick. Called the guy running on the traffic stop though. She fell asleep before the end.

Mine did too, just as I was yelling to watch him, she piped up too.

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    My wife forbids me to make "cop comments" during cop shows!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    My wife forbids me to make "cop comments" during cop shows!
    Yeah, mine tries to forbid me, but it doesn't work out so well.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I didn't see it. Is it worth getting into this year? I lost track of it last season when it got away from being mostly uniform and more detective. I just lost interest.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    I didn't see it. Is it worth getting into this year? I lost track of it last season when it got away from being mostly uniform and more detective. I just lost interest.

It was pretty good. I agree with you though, the writers would be well served keeping the units mixed in together at the least.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I grew up on Adam-12. I would rather see a modern version of that, with a little off-duty drama thrown in.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I think they are trying to relate what's going on with the patrols with the what's going on with the detectives. I am enjoying the show. If you haven't watched yet this year, watch from the beginning of the season so you can keep up with what's happening. Personally, I can do without a lot of off-duty drama, and I like the mix they have with that so far.

Winston Churchill

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I am liking it so far. I wonder what will happen when they lose the FTO-Boot dynamic they have with Cooper and Sherman though. They said in this episode that Sherman has a mere three months left on his year-long stint, so I'm assuming next season they'll have to let him be off probation right?

The more it becomes less police procedural with the dicks, and more about the detectives themselves, the more I'm for their storylines.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Of all the episodes I've enjoyed, I can't say I've yelled at the tv nearly as much as I did last night. I was into that one.

Heck, my wife usually rolls her eyes when its on, and even she was glued to it. I love that show more every time.
    My wife loves the show. She's a dispatcher for the county so she relates to cop shows pretty well. I'm with you though, on the yelling. I was screaming "Shoot 'em!" constantly. Even my wife was yelling "Shoot 'em". It was definately one of the most dramatic scenes I've ever seen on tv or a movie. I couldn't get that scene out of my head. My wife either.
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    My wife thought the FTO was a dick.
    My wife loves Coop. I just wish we could talk to people the way he does without getting in trouble!
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

Bama512 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I got to get caught up on it. I teach class on Tuesday nights a lot.

APB Guest
    We interviewed Michael Cudlitz (Cooper) on the phone prior to the start of the second season filming.

You can read the interview online here:
    http://apbweb.com/featured-articles/...ves-right.html

K9brando is offline Fun In The Snow!
    Verified LEO
    I love the show. I knew who died as soon as they showed his partner in the waiting area and the woman screamed. I just hate they killed him off because I liked him better than his partner. My wife and I watch it religiously. I started watching it when it first debuted and was pissed that it was canceled but happy that TNT picked it up. I usually don't get into shows because I hate when I fall in love with one and then they get cancelled or end. I got the guys on my squad into it. They laughed at me when I first told them about it but now they're just as into it as I am!
    I'm ready for spring!

Thread Information