Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

SHOT Show 2011: Anyone get to play?

Anyone get to go to SHOT show this year?

I know at least two members who were there and had a blast. One for the sights, and one working some booths.

What'd ya see? What'd ya come home with?
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I didn't go this year, but do go.

It is an amazing adventure. As for pics, not on the public side
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Hannibal is offline Zombie Killin' Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    I didn't go this year, but do go.

It is an amazing adventure. As for pics, not on the public side
    +1

"Stupid should hurt."

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Because it is related:

Shot Show 2011. Anybody go?? - Page 2 - SeatStaysUp.com - Beer, Babes, Cars, Guns, Sports, Games!

Once we get some replies here I will post a mirror link there on SSU.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I went for the first time this year!

SHOT show was definitely freaking cool. We mostly schmoozed at the local (for us...Colorado) booths like MagPul and TerraLUX. Had a great time, met R. Lee Ermey (Gunny) at the Glock booth with only a 20 minute wait. Fantastic guy. Found out I was a cop and couldn't thank me enough for what we all do, and I told him the same. Didn't get a picture with him because I just damn well forgot. One of the few times I've been starstruck.

The convention was HUGE. In two days of solid walking, I got to maybe 50-60% of it. Tactical gear as far as the eye can see...everything from chintzy to downright cool. The "black rifle" stuff is a little pervasive and repetitive since just about everyone offers decent AR's these days, but there were some really cool guns. Lots of hot models posing in MOLLE vests and holding guns. And lots of SWAG at the end of the show! Mostly trinkets, but I scored some handcuffs from Safariland and a bunch of Magpul and Maxpedition stuff.

No interesting pics though...I was too busy looking around!
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The swag can be overwhelming. I brought a second suitcase home full of nothing but free stuff and autographed pictures with booth babes.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    The swag can be overwhelming. I brought a second suitcase home full of nothing but free stuff and autographed pictures with booth babes.
    Mac, I didn't quite bring a second suitcase, just crammed into my main (carry on) one. I know better for next year! Gotta make sure to be there at the close of the show on Friday evening. Vendors are literally pushing stuff onto you since it will cost more to ship everything back.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

takedown is offline Authorized Vendor
    Authorized Vendor
    Was a very busy shot show. Attendence was up but I think the LE attendence was down. Between working a bunch of different booths, I didn't have much time to look or play. This was my 6th shot (i think)

I really don't like the layout of the show at the Sands conv. center. VERY hard to navigate. I like orlando's layout the best.

takedown is offline Authorized Vendor
    Authorized Vendor
    a small stat from shot. If you want to see the whole thing in all 4 days and see every booth. You have to spend less than 8 seconds per booth was the last number I heard.

Thread Information