Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Wild Night

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO

Wild Night

Was there something in the water last night?

I came into briefing and there were no calls pending, and no one on any calls. Dayshift goes home, and we come out and take over. As soon as we take all the calls we can, we have a ton of calls pending. I went to backup another deputy and his trainee on a Attempted suicide. Subject told his girlfriend he was going to kill himself, over the phone. When we arrived at the residence, the subject had baracaded himself into his bedroom armed with a taser and other unknown weapons. So the other brilliant Deputy (with his trainee) that I'm backing up decides "I'm going to make entry and make contact"

Well, wasn't going to let him go in alone, so I saddle up, draw down and make entry behind him. We get the guy out, his Trainee handcuff's him and they transport him to the hospital. But not before the Sgt shows up and finds out that the other deputy had us make entry in a volitile situation without the Sgt's approval or knowlegde and began handing him his ass.

Total last night counting a court ordered examination I served this evening, four attempted suicides and one (mine) court ordered involuntary mental health examination commital.

**insert other misc. bullcrap calls here**

Down in our problem area we had a robbery go out. Two thugs that have been working that area jacked a pizza delivery guy $50 in cash and $40 in pizza. The arriving units didn't catch them.

All hell breaks loose in the city limits. A club Snoop Dogg frequents blew up with a riot and began throwing rocks and bottles at two off duty city PD officers who were screaming for help. The entire city PD shift shows up and is quickly overwhelmed. There were 2500-3000 hardcore thugs (yeah, you should have seen these assclowns, they all were thugs, it was fat tuesday's) at the club. The assistance call goes out to us and we run lights and sirens to get them out of trouble. First arriving deputy gets on scene and advises they are taking rocks and bottles. I get the calvary rolling By the time I show up about two minutes later they stopped throwing rocks and bottles.

I have never seen so many cops converge onto one scene in my entire life. there were about 20 city PD officers there, and 20-30 of us (Deputies) there. We had guys coming from all over the county. So we get the crowd dispersed and clean the club out and then the majority of the knuckleheads decides they don't want to go home, and instead decide to go hang out at the surrounding stop and rob's. So we all clear the club and head out into town to clear out the streets. We made our way up the streets in car and finally got everyone clear after about an hour. At 2am (when there is usually no one on the road) there was so much traffic on the road from this incident that we had traffic tie ups. No matter what direction you turned, you could see no less than 5 cops at any given point. It was an awesome sight.

When we were driving along the road getting everyone to move, I was in nothing but a target rich environement.. If I could have done a traffic stop, no matter what vehicle it was, I would have found either drugs or illegal weapons.

That was the bulk of our night. Loads of fun, all the good guys went home safe, some of the bad guys went to jail. Good enough for me.

Seriously though, is there something in the water???

Honeypot is offline Officer First Class
    What topping was on the pizza?

Honeypot is offline Officer First Class

Talking

Sorry... I couldn't resist... hee hee.

What a night?!!! I'm so pleased to hear you all got home safe. That's the main thing.

I guess the moral of the story is... don't drink the water.... stick to beer!

BigBossMan is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Sounds like you had one hell of a night... My sis is a Dispatcher for a local PD and as I was coming home from the joint I see on the news her Dept. had a Vehicle Pursuit with shots fired. Dude was wanted and was breaking into a car. When units were arriving the suspect took off. As the responding unit caught up to him he started shooting at the Units behind him. The guy wound up crashing the car ejecting his female passenger. They took him into custody and charged him with attempted murder on a Peace Officer, possession of a stolen vehicle and vehicle burglary amoung other charges. Is that enough felonies?

Hmmph, my anti-crime auroa must have once again worked its magic last night, cuz work for me was beyond being quiet.

Sounds like a good time, cntry. Cool beans.
    Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Thread Information