Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries

O/R wants to know (use of online resources)

O/R wants to know: do you use online resources frequently in the course of your work?
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Some of our state's systems have gone to web-based, secure programs. I do use facebook quite a bit for intel. Its amazing that in today's privacy minded age just how many people still leave profiles wide open for the world to see.

I did recently download the Ohio Cop app for my Droid that has replaced searching for a lot of information on the internet or in hard copy books back at the office.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Other than the state programs that are online, I use facebook a lot.

I've found admissions to crimes on peoples facebook pages that I print off and either use in an interview with them, or attached to my case to send to the county attorney.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Alabama has a pretty good online setup that I use very frequently. Also use facebook a good bit, as the others have said, people still have a feeling of anonymity online, when it's not true at all.

Thread Information