Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    DIESEL326 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO

Exclamation CONTEST: Design my Banner!

*****Posted with the permission of Reca*****

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!
    Trojan Tactical needs your help... We will become proud sponsors of Officer Resource very soon and I am graphics stupid. So, I am coming to you, the genius masses for your help.

I am looking to either have my current graphic cleaned up or replaced (but I really like it, so it will be tough to make me drop it) and then a secondary, one color logo that will be a little more "formal". I've got a certain idea in my head for the formal logo as well, and I will detail that idea to any takers.

The bonus prize will be for a t-shirt graphic... One color for the time being, but something that could have colors added as I become more able to afford colors! This will go on the back of Trojan Tactical t-shirts, with the one color logo.

The winner(s) will receive some combination of holsters/ concealment gear, gift certificates, and/ or t-shirts. All of that is negotiable, but I will certainly make it worth your while!

You can visit trotac.com to see my current graphic... For some reason it only looks like crap on my website. Everywhere else it is clean, except the friggin webpage!
    "Aim small, miss small."

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Now I wish I could draw. I like your gear. But alas. I'm only good at using your gear
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

StoleIt is offline Officer First Class
    Just throwing together some rough stuff. If ya pick one you really like I could finalize it more. I'll put them up as I finish working on them.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would include a trojan helmet of some sort...
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL326 View Post
    I am looking to either have my current graphic cleaned up or replaced (but I really like it....) .... For some reason it only looks like crap on my website. Everywhere else it is clean, except the friggin webpage!
    I like logo contests; they remind me how much more creative other people are than I

Quick reselect with a pixel width of feathering to blend/kill the sparkly bits. Is down the path you had in mind for cleaning up? Don't want to do much to it without knowing what you're seeing that you don't like. Original on right for comparison.

StoleIt is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    Yea. I was a little too ambitious and just started designing based on the name. Then I went back and read it. But at that point I was like, fuck it, I'll throw that design up anyway.

My next one will have a Trojan helmet in it.

APB Guest
    See PM for some (hopefully) helpful hints.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacLean View Post
    Like this, for instance?

I don't know, it could be a Trojan Horse!

Where's Trojan 42 when you need him?

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My helmet is the helm of a Roman Centurion.

Close, though
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    I like logo contests; they remind me how much more creative other people are than I

Quick reselect with a pixel width of feathering to blend/kill the sparkly bits. Is down the path you had in mind for cleaning up? Don't want to do much to it without knowing what you're seeing that you don't like. Original on right for comparison.

Yes... That is better for sure, but the whole helmet still seems pixelated...
    APB suggested that the pixel threshhold was set too high. Then there is also the chance that I used the wrong file type/ size when I originally had it done.

(Anyone interested can PM me with your email address and I'll send you my original files if you'd like)

For some background on my name and logo, TROJAN comes from the fact that graduated from Troy University located in Troy, AL. I still consider Troy home, and it just happens to be a special place for me, so that is the name. (And yes, it just so happens that there was a condom plant there for a while... They made condoms and mustard???)

I'm quite happy with my Trojan helmet, and I'm ok with that logo, like I said I really just wanted to have it cleaned up. I've also used a logo featuring a helmet very much like Macleans in the past when I had a little gig going, and I would certainly consider that in other logos.

Not to crimp anyones creativity, but the idea I had for my "formal" logo was a vertical sword (hilt at the bottom) with a "T" on each side of the sword. Over the sword in a scroll or banner (or not) would be Trojan, and under would be Tactical. I'll see if I can sketch it out and post it tomorrow when I get to a scanner.
    Here is the style of sword that I like...

Thanks for all of your efforts so far... And just to let you all know, prizes are certainly not limited to just one person!
    "Aim small, miss small."

I came up with a quick sketch for you:

Or as an alternate:

I can make different variations of this as well.

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Corporal Doug View Post
    Or as an alternate:

I can make different variations of this as well.

These are nice but one thing to keep in mind is that it needs to be longer than tall. Similar to the banners you see at the top of our page!

keep up the good work and Welcome to O/R
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Here is one I am working on. I put two different helmets you can pick the one you like and I will put it on both sides

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    These are some of my ideas let me know if I am on the right track and I can clean them up. Let me know what you like and don't like about them and I will work on them!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Reca View Post
    Reca... I'm kinda digging on this one for a starter. Would it help (I'm quite sure it would) if I emailed you my silver helmets? (If so just shoot me your email in a PM)

Also, maybe a bolder font... I know Times New Roman is nothing special, but I kinda like it for some reason, and I usually like all caps. Other than that, I like where you are going. One other request/ thought is would it be possible to backlight the text (I assume that makes sense). That always seems to look pretty good.
    "Aim small, miss small."

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Corporal Doug View Post
    I came up with a quick sketch for you:

Corporal Doug is well on his way to a holster as far as my "formal" logo is concerned. Thanks for your input, I'll PM you with some details on slight changes I'd like to look at tonight when I get home.
    "Aim small, miss small."

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information