Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO

Slutwalk - and PC speech

Learned about this from a lawyer's blog...

Apparently, an officer in Toronto was giving a safety speech to students at a university in Toronto and made the shocking suggestion that one way to avoid being a victim of sexual assault was not to dress like a slut... Yeah, he's had to apologize for daring to recognize that if you tempt fate, sometimes fate shows up.

Don't get me wrong -- women absolutely have the right to dress how they want, and how they dress is not justification for any sexual assault. (Side note: if you're dressed to show off your assets -- don't be surprised and complain when people notice said assets. Notice is not the same as assault or even harassment.) But, at the same time, how you choose to dress and present yourself just may shape how people respond to you. And, since many sexual assaults, especially on college campuses, fall into date rape or acquaintance rape situations where the offender is known to the victim, and often began in a consensual setting (again, not justifying rape -- no means NO and, up to the point of no return, either player can stop), just maybe how you present yourself is something you can control... Maybe it's a good idea to consider that when you go out...

But... how dare a cop point that out! Why, next, he might suggest that if you don't lock your car -- you have some responsibility in the car being stolen!
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Just because I walk around with a bank roll of 100 dollar bills hanging out of my pocket, that doesn't mean I lose the right to not be mugged. Am I contributing to the desire of another to crack me over the head and take my cash though? You betcha.

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    Just because I walk around with a bank roll of 100 dollar bills hanging out of my pocket, that doesn't mean I lose the right to not be mugged. Am I contributing to the desire of another to crack me over the head and take my cash though? You betcha.
    Is that a roll of money in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

Thread Information