Welcome to the APBWeb.
    mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO

Fuel Costs / Rant

The oil industry has raped this country enough.I for one am sick and fuckin tired,of my every breath being dependent on an industry that has BOUGHT every politician elected to help me.We have a glory boy president that handles this rape by saying well it gives us a chance to start looking at alternative fuels. ,OK,than when your wife is raped it will give us a chance to look at alternative ways to dress,correct???,makes no sense? well neither do you.

The first Bush stopped the oil industry rape by threatening to release the reserves,AND IT WORKED,for several years ,and he was one of them.

Food,gasoline,jelly beans,everything is going up in price,the Govt. could care less.We are going to quickly turn into a 3rd world nation,I personally would already classify us as a 2nd.

Here is an idea,lets pass a law that ALL elected officials can only make as much as the "median" income of their constituency.They must live in a double wide trailer(gotta give them at least 1 perk ) buy their own food,insure themselves,vehicle(their own),and home.They must shop for their own food etc.and have no hired help,unless they pay for it.

OK,you say no one would run for office than?? Well I thought they claimed to run because they want to help,not for the money .
    ]

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mavriktu View Post

Here is an idea,lets pass a law that ALL elected officials can only make as much as the "median" income of their constituency.They must live in a double wide trailer(gotta give them at least 1 perk ) buy their own food,insure themselves,vehicle(their own),and home.They must shop for their own food etc.and have no hired help,unless they pay for it.

I am all for that. Also, it should be in the higher crime areas and if they are anti gun they should not be able to have a gun for self defense (or any body guards).
    Arm the sheep!

1*girl is offline Very possible academy start date in 2012!
    I'd vote for that!!!

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Obama's EPA just directed Shell to stop drilling.

Obama's Interior Secretary is defying courts and refusing to issue drilling permits.

When this happened to President Bush, he was accused of making money for his "oil buddies."

When he started talking about drilling, speculation crapped out and the price fell.

Not rocket science.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The weakening dollar also has a lot to do with it. The fed continuing to print money is not helping in that respect either.

http://www.econbrowser.com/archives/...lar_wea_1.html

From the above link:

See the correlation? Weak dollar high price for oil. Oil is tied to the dollar, IE barrels of oil are bought with dollars. The weaker the dollar the more of them it takes to buy any commodity but specifically oil. Weak dollar causes the price of many goods to go up. Combine that with the increased transportation cost because of higher oil........lets just say I bet we will have some more rants on here in the future.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I live 4 miles from a refinery and an oil pipeline runs right past my house. None of my gasoline comes from anywhere but my state. Yet my gas prices have skyrocketed because of the speculation with the Middle-East turmoil. We are well north of $4 per gallon and climbing. Bull. Shit.

Meanwhile the politicians in the state capitol are naming a state gun but dithering around when it comes to increasing oil production here.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Ace
    Ace is offline haud pacis pro scelestus
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    I live 4 miles from a refinery and an oil pipeline runs right past my house. None of my gasoline comes from anywhere but my state. Yet my gas prices have skyrocketed because of the speculation with the Middle-East turmoil. We are well north of $4 per gallon and climbing. Bull. Shit.

Meanwhile the politicians in the state capitol are naming a state gun but dithering around when it comes to increasing oil production here.
    Not to mention 2 Billion dollar tax break the Governor wants to give the oil companies. And he's not even asking for any type of guarantee or agreement that more oil be produced.
    RIP Sarah Noll~11-8-87 to 4-17-08

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Half what we pay. It's $8.50 a gallon here.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Not to mention 2 Billion dollar tax break the Governor wants to give the oil companies. And he's not even asking for any type of guarantee or agreement that more oil be produced.
    Businesses don't pay taxes. The cost of tax compliance is part of overhead and factored into the cost of the product. The consumer pays taxes when we purchase the product. The government could easily cut those taxes and demand that it be reflect in the cost of oil. It's a shell game.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Big Al is offline There is no place like home....
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    Half what we pay. It's $8.50 a gallon here.
    How much of it is taxes??
    To be a good Law Enforcement Officer you MUST know the law!

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    How much of it is taxes??
    About 85%, I think.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    About 85%, I think.

Truckers from across the nation would gridlock Washington DC if that happened here.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'd say what Five-0 pointed out is the lead cause. Obama printed so much funny money our dollar is worth less then 50cents. So now we are paying for it.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

213th is offline Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Truckers from across the nation would gridlock Washington DC if that happened here.
    Hmmm...England over taxing people? Sound familiar....
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    About 85%, I think.

Rebel , it worked for us.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information