Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Public Reaction to Bin Ladin's Death

Yea, this thread is early but what's going on with the public in your area? Any large crowds/celebrations?

None here yet that I know of.

I was impressed with the reaction outside of the White House.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Nothing here, unless you count the night shift workers at Wal Mart outside having a smoke. But that happens every 35 minutes.

ETA: Just cruised through there. They had no clue. I broke the news to them. Now they're celebrating.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    As Ice Cube said, "Gotta say it was a good day."

SteelCityK9Cop is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I just hope this means all our boys and girls in the Afgan theatre will come home soon.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    What I've seen from online comments is how wonderful and tough Obama is for doing this when Bush didn't
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

keno46 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO
    Only positive comment here in Belgium !!!

yesterday on the Belgian news they showed the images agian from 9/11...... I get the chills everytime I see that....

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The College in the City to the north of us had a lot of people celebrating on campus. Nothing to speak of in our town though.

I'll admit, I'm getting annoyed at the pussification of this damn country though. From people trying to preach and shove down others' throats that we shouldn't celebrate the death of Osama, to some groups now bitching about the code name used for Osama during the operation.

Ya know what people, put on your damn big girl panties and take a look around. This man was the mastermind of an organization that has killed thousands. According to reports he was reaching for a weapon when shot. Frankly, even if they capped him when he was taking a shit and reading Maxim, he had it coming.

To hell with a proper burial, with respecting his religion, or his people's damn feelings. To steal a line made by a wise man on facebook..ahem....Five-0: Wrap his body in bacon, then cover him in pig's blood. The terrorists didn't respect or care about a damn one of the people they killed, so why in the hell are we doing it?

Sheeple, if you stumble along our humble home on the www and you're reading, get your tissues out in case I insult you, then read this slowly. I don't give a damn what your Bible says, what your preacher says, or whatever spiritual leader you turn to says about how to treat others, the fact is, the world is a sick, twisted, violent place, and the animals of society do NOT give a shit what your personal beliefs are before making you a victim. In fact, most of them, criminals, terrorists, and scumbags in general will use your passiveness to their advantage. Guess what, you can still be deeply involved in your faith and practice it to your hearts desire, all while learning to friggin stand up for yourselves and others. Action, whether international in this case, or domestic is and forever will be a deterrant. If you want to roll over and die because you believe "It's your time", then fine. When the shit hits the fan, you'll be one less person to worry about while I protect me and mine. We all control a little more of our destiny than most care to believe.

If the belief is that it makes us a better, more civilized society, so friggin be it. Whatever helps you sleep better at night. Personally, let these guys see their hero beheaded and dragged behind an F-18 at low altitude as it flies over Afghanistan and Pakistan and I'll bet you they'll have a second thought before F-ing with the red, white, and blue.

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Well, they are pissed off in Pakistan, thats for sure.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    To quote a great man!!! (CountyBear). Fucketh Themmeth
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    US Congress wants Pakistan aid cut - World News - IBNLive
    "Now, atleast some in the powerful US Congress want Pakistan punished for its double dealing. The US has already given $20 billion in aid over the eight years - and lawmakers are arguing for a review of future aid. At stake - over $5 billion Obama has sought for next year.
    Congressman Allen West said, "That aid should be cut. It is a waste of taxpayers money.""
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

srab is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    What is going on with the media? I mean we all knew how f'd up they have been, but the people who actually buy into it... "Was the torture needed, what kind of raid was it, what did they call it,..did we have to kill him, how offensive?.."
    Have these people lost their freaking souls? Did you foget over 3000 innocent lives killed in an instant? 5000 more fighting and KIA? I am tired of seeing this nonsense in the headlines. Get a life! But not Osama's, because that murdering coward piece of shit got what was coming to him! Hooah!
    Sorry for the rant.
    "The best tank terrain is that without anti-tank weapons"
    Russian military doctrine

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"
    - Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

www.gruntsbbq.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by srab View Post
    What is going on with the media? I mean we all knew how f'd up they have been, but the people who actually buy into it... "Was the torture needed, what kind of raid was it, what did they call it,..did we have to kill him, how offensive?.."
    Have these people lost their freaking souls? Did you foget over 3000 innocent lives killed in an instant? 5000 more fighting and KIA? I am tired of seeing this nonsense in the headlines. Get a life! But not Osama's, because that murdering coward piece of shit got what was coming to him! Hooah!
    Sorry for the rant.

Never apologize for a good rant. I agree with you. It's ridiculous.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Never apologize for a good rant. I agree with you. It's ridiculous.

What Pudge said. Not much here, other than a bunch of jubilant people.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I have been listening and have not heard one word from my customers. But then, I try not to listen to their drivel.

To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Bar in town has a new cocktail is about all,,call it the BinLaden,2 shots and a splash of water.
    ]

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I think bin Laden should have a shrine, and all of his supporters should be required to have a lengthy visit. It should be placed at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.

Location, location, location.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Dustoff262 is offline Retirement date: December 29, 2019
    Verified LEO
    Here in NYC there was a bit of jubilant college kids dancing around and cheering at ground zero (Church & Vesey). The media would have you believe there were thousands because the footage they used was at ground level. But if you saw it from the second floor there was maybe about 150 people.

There was a flag hung on the fence and about 6 or 7 different messages / pictures underneath.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." -- George Orwell

Sarge405 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    The media has always been biased and even resorted to creating news when none existed. What I care about, is just the fact that justice is eventually served. As it should be. And to all the rest waiting in succession, I humbly say "NEXT" !
    "Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."
    Albert Einstein

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    If the belief is that it makes us a better, more civilized society, so friggin be it. Whatever helps you sleep better at night. Personally, let these guys see their hero beheaded and dragged behind an F-18 at low altitude as it flies over Afghanistan and Pakistan and I'll bet you they'll have a second thought before F-ing with the red, white, and blue.
    That's the best idea yet!!
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post

To hell with a proper burial, with respecting his religion, or his people's damn feelings. To steal a line made by a wise man on facebook..ahem....Five-0: Wrap his body in bacon, then cover him in pig's blood. The terrorists didn't respect or care about a damn one of the people they killed, so why in the hell are we doing it?

Sheeple, if you stumble along our humble home on the www and you're reading, get your tissues out in case I insult you, then read this slowly. I don't give a damn what your Bible says, what your preacher says, or whatever spiritual leader you turn to says about how to treat others, the fact is, the world is a sick, twisted, violent place, and the animals of society do NOT give a shit what your personal beliefs are before making you a victim. In fact, most of them, criminals, terrorists, and scumbags in general will use your passiveness to their advantage. Guess what, you can still be deeply involved in your faith and practice it to your hearts desire, all while learning to friggin stand up for yourselves and others. Action, whether international in this case, or domestic is and forever will be a deterrant. If you want to roll over and die because you believe "It's your time", then fine. When the shit hits the fan, you'll be one less person to worry about while I protect me and mine. We all control a little more of our destiny than most care to believe.

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to listen to Toby Keith again.

I may be a Christian but I also firmly believe in the Golden Rule. I know what they say about turning the other cheek, but what goes around comes around and He definitely had it coming. Personally, I think he needed to have his head cut off and dragged through the streets like Al Queda did to so many of our people. If that is barbaric of me, than so be it, but the F-18 idea is a nice touch. The liberals and the sheeple would never go with that so I guess I will have to be happy with the fact that he is no longer living on the face of this earth and enjoying a nice slow burn in hell as a son of perdition along with his buddy Saddam Hussein. The way I look at it is that God willed it and the SEAL's were just a tool in His hands to carry that out. The righteous shall prevail. I mean, come on people, David slew Goliath with a sling and a stone, why should this incident be any different? Just different times and more sophisticated weapons, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    What I've seen from online comments is how wonderful and tough Obama is for doing this when Bush didn't
    I like how Obama is trying to take the credit for this kill when the ones that truly deserve the recognition are our US Navy SEAL's. He was just lucky enough to be C in C when this came down. Bush would have done the same thing. Remember, Obama is just one letter away from becoming Osama.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information