Welcome to the APBWeb.
    mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO

Ya Know What?? (N.F.L.)

With the lockout still ongoing,I got to thinking.I REALLY dont know all the particulars of what is going on ,other than a strike being called something else than a strike.Owners are refusing to talk to players ,and players arent going to play etc.

So it seems the owners are using the court system to get out of getting off their wallets,and attempting to break a union.Make no mistake here,I feel most athletes are EXTREMELY overpaid,when one makes more in 1 season than their grandkids will be able to spend in a lifetime.However,this is getting old.

What I think should happen,is since I think 27 of the 28 teams receive alllllll kinds of benefits,tax breaks,stadium builds/remodels etc..Lets take the fight TO THEM!!

Example: Gov. Jindal of La. instructs the state attorney general to file suit against Tom Benson,The New Orleans Saints et al.For ,I dont know say 1 Billion dollars.You see the saints signed a contract that if they stay in New Orleans they would get tax incentives,money for the dome to be remodeled(which was just completed this week),and their training facility upgraded.The SAME facility that Benson is locking the players out of,Isnt this a breech of contract???????Meanwhile The city/state is losing loads in tourism bucks,and bookings etc.

I am sure most other states have cowtowed and been beat up on by teams "looking" to move elsewhere.Personally,I am fed up with ALL of it,and at this point will get my copy of "The Replacements" and put it in every Sunday.Than the NFL can watch its popularity go the same way NASCAR did.
    ]

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hell let's say screw the overpaid ninny's and the owners and have a Circus and Star Trek convention in "the Dome" and call it a day.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    F the players and the owners
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Thread Information